Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
I still cant get over how small the stash was back in those days. The D2 launch was so long ago I guess I dont really remember it being like that, but wow. My assumption would be that it would have been hard on the servers for people to have a huge amount of items per character since the D3 devs used that as an excuse for the limited amount of stash space there was before they added the ability to get more stash tabs. That was always one of my biggest peeves with D3 forever, and I quit playing it before they started adding ways to get more stash space. I've definitely gotten into using stashes in GoMule now versus making characters every time I needed more room. I will still have a few characters to put the really good stuff on so I can see it, but most everything else will eventually end up in a stash.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
That small stash they have put in diablo is, in my view, most idiotic thing they have done. Hey, lets have game where you can collect tons of stuff for crafting, gear and so on and lets make in game stash really small to make players not collect anything because they don't have space to do so. Harharhar.

I really like system from Sacred. In-game stash which is 10 times bigger for each character (and you don't even need to collect as many things as you can in diablo!), and one just as big stash where you can share gear in between characters. That would make sense to do here too. Whoever got an idea of such small stash is just a troll. I know some players prefer that kind of stash to have more limited playstyle, but in my view, if I didn't have external stash to put items in, I'd either play mod where that in-game stash is reasonably expanded, or I'd just give diablo an F- and proceed to play some other "better" games.

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon Well that small stash has a reason. If you extend the stash and put 1x1 items in your character get corrupted at a certain point because the filesize overflows, expecially when tcp/iping. On 1.00 I have to accept I have to mule several times. Sure it seems idiotic but this unfortunially has a reason to keep your characters even playable.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah Sacred. Completely forgot about that one (and how the stahes worked, to be honest). Very good game. My first arpg after D2 iirc.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@Treeharl
Didn't know that, thanks for explanation. I was always massively confused why they made ingame stash so small, glad to hear it actualy has a reason to it.

@T72on1
For me Sacred is better PvM game than diablo ever was, only thing it misses is good community to keep it going. Also doesn't work well on my machine...

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I've been doing some casual LK-running in amongst the RFL rounds, and it turns out that's a good thing since RFL has delivered me next to no useful charms. Not a ton of goodies, but I like these few in particular:

Code:
Sounding Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xb22bc043
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
+38 to Life

Fungal Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xeb35e5d3
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+38 to Life

Steel Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x1744d3f3
+31 to Attack Rating
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
That small stash they have put in diablo is, in my view, most idiotic thing they have done. Hey, lets have game where you can collect tons of stuff for crafting, gear and so on and lets make in game stash really small to make players not collect anything because they don't have space to do so. Harharhar.

I really like system from Sacred. In-game stash which is 10 times bigger for each character (and you don't even need to collect as many things as you can in diablo!), and one just as big stash where you can share gear in between characters. That would make sense to do here too. Whoever got an idea of such small stash is just a troll. I know some players prefer that kind of stash to have more limited playstyle, but in my view, if I didn't have external stash to put items in, I'd either play mod where that in-game stash is reasonably expanded, or I'd just give diablo an F- and proceed to play some other "better" games.

I enjoy the challenge of getting a D3 stash tab. I'm a bit jealous there isn't the same thing for D2. Instead of the 3 at launch, some people now have 10. Even in D2, having triple the current space would be amazingly good in game.

ERayz

Diabloii.Net Member
I enjoy the challenge of getting a D3 stash tab. I'm a bit jealous there isn't the same thing for D2. Instead of the 3 at launch, some people now have 10. Even in D2, having triple the current space would be amazingly good in game.
I played a few D3 seasons, and tried to get stash tabs every season (got two), but the set dungeons are probably the worst gaming experience I ever had. This legit made me quit D3.

As far as D2 finds, I got a Mara's from a poppable in Lower Kurast P7. This made my day lol

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I wouldn't go that far and say that the mere mention is a problem. Discussing and elaborating on it is a different matter, however.

In any case, Thyiad has the final word here.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I always had the impression that Thyiad didn't even want to have it mentioned here. But indeed, she has the final word.

Lynchgrinch

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh, better safe than sorry.

GoMule is a godsend, but I'd kill for a legal way to get multiple pages on my stash. I'd love to build a little Diablo 2 House, where I could stash my gear in different cabinets.

I remember playing Morrowind back in the day and killing some guy and stealing his house and just decking it out with all the good gear i could find. The mantlepiece had all the cool helmets on it...ahhh good times!

sanguillen

Diabloii.Net Member
@Lynchgrinch Better read the forum rules. No mention of non FAM mods allowed, so better rephrase or delete that post.

Btw, once I got GoMule, the tiny stash space in D2 never bothered me anymore, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
I agree 100%. After suffering through perming a game on-line for 5 minutes, and then going slow enough that you don't get the game (and yourself) booted, GoMule is an absolute treasure to me. So easy to use, and so quick. :)

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Tried a couple of cow runs to get ready for round 3:

Prefix 1044 Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 39
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x7335ef97
+19 to Life (so close)
Fire Resist +12%

Prefix 972 Large Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 34
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x1d9f9277
+24 to Life
+21 to Mana

edit:
Prefix 1137 Fetish Trophy of Thorns
Defense: 50
Chance to Block: 25%
Durability: 16 of 20
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 41
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x5fd1df2a
Adds 2-7 poison damage over 3 seconds
Attacker Takes Damage of 1
+3 to Iron Maiden (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Revive (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

Last edited: