Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tyraels Blessing.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Felix, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Felix

Felix IncGamers Member

Tyraels Blessing.

This suggestion was in reality adressed to DII, after some wishful thinking of; what if battlenet got the upper hand on the dupes. And they weren't rampart. When the new battlenet comes along it might be so, well I expect it to be, for nothing less then because Blizz now cares!

We would lack runes for all the runewords then, and if we wanted those awesome weapons and armors anyway, something needed to be implemented. I came to think of an event like when Diabloclone walks the earth. But except that the trembling should be from Tyrael decenting into the act 5 town, or equivalent place for DIII.

Speaking to him he announces bla bla in the fight against evil: That he has blessed an area of the world and which one of course. This could be one of the icy caverns, level 85 areas or such, or DIII corresponding. In this area runedrops would then be greatly improved. Like ten times or 100 times even, seeing as the high runes drop chance is so low it could carry a factor 100 increase. An exp increase could also follow along, to make all feel they got something out of it, if they didn't manage to snatch any rune that dropped.

Such an event, I thought, could also drive a fullblown party away from Baal, and do something different for a change. And become a steady influx of the needed runes.

So why this as a DIII suggestion? Well because it's pretty viable that the online environment also in DIII will choose one place to run again and again, we always do. And this could keep some runes very difficult to find, yet giving everybody a shot at them once in a while. And drive parties to go elsewhere sometimes to keep the game fresh. If Tyrael was tied to monsters slain in game (maybe exp accumulated to put more weight on later zones) we would even get games where full parties blazed through difficult zones hoping to spawn Tyrael and his runeblessing. Which is more fun than 20 Baalruns in a row.

Could be any other than Tyrael ofcourse, if it turns out he has other plans in DIII than blessing players :).

2. jasonmazzy

jasonmazzy IncGamers Member

Re: Tyraels Blessing.

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this idea!

3. voraginous

voraginous IncGamers Member

I like this idea for promoting diversity of running choices. With the blessed area being random, people will actually run stuff other than Baal or Cows or Nithil or their favorite area.

4. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

/vouch.

IF they have runes in d3, i really, really hope the drop rate for them means we can reasonably expect to get a handful of them in a years casual play.

hell, if they beefed up the rune drops in D2, it would probably put most of the dupers out of business.

5. Terenas

Terenas IncGamers Member

Nice idea, but I fear that if the suggestion were to be implemented, the common runes would drop at an alarmingly high rate.
    On the other hand a *100 factor the high end ones would hardly make a difference (somewhere existed a topic with the runes relative rarity) - also, even if the factor were higher, like *10^4, the event would last only for a limited time, thus negating the possibility of extensive running.

Maybe the suggested event could trigger, say, a hellforge-equivalent drop rate, depending on difficulty level or whatever or we could imagine that a character is allowed to re-run hellforge another 3 times.

Diablo 3 has runes, but they look different from the current ones so I honestly do not know if and how these suggestions could actually apply.

6. vadimk

vadimk IncGamers Member

That's a great idea, and it could hopefully diminish the baalruns routine and chars only-suitable-for-killing-one-MF-monster. With random blessed areas players would be able to use more builds suitable for rune(or item) finding. Also possilby bots would play less role then.

As for the drop rate, I guess Blizz know more than us of what is balance, so they could probably even make something similar events for general MFing, not only the runes searching. Say, 'the barbarian luck' with increased MF chance for barbs in some area. Do you see many mf-barbs in the Hell cs? This could change (rofl :))