Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tyrael fight in Tal Rasha's tomb

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by onishin, Jul 3, 2008.

1. onishin

onishin IncGamers Member

Tyrael fight in Tal Rasha's tomb

About tha cinematic in D2, tal rasha's tomb: Tyrael had a sword and was having trouble to fight Diablo in a human form, unarmed. then Marius released mephisto (or was it baal?) anyway, Tyrael was vastly overpowered. How did he survive? He surely must be a bad guy now, or maybe the whole thing was faked and he was already a bad guy!

2. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Re: Tyrael fight in Tal Rasha's tomb

Tyrael said in the tomb that the powers keeping him there were waning. Meanwhile, The Wanderer (Diablo) was getting stronger.

I think he survived because the two brothers had what they wanted and wanted to get Mephisto ASAP.

3. megolas

megolas IncGamers Member

I dont know for sure but i think Marius released Tal Rasha, TR had one of the soul stones or somekind of evil in him.

How would Tyrael be bad or died? He gives us the portal to act 5 in LoD.

4. Alkey

Alkey IncGamers Member

That's not the way I remember it. I remember it as Tyrael beating Diablo down, about to deliever the final stroke, when Marius frees Tal Rasha (Baal). Then Tyrael is so busy admonishing marius Baal gets the jump on him.

How did he survive? Probably because the Diablo and Baal thought it more fitting to leave him bound in the same way Baal was until he finally passes away. Or to prevent him from interfering again. Angel and Demon can't be completely vanquished, when you slay them, they just reform in whatever pit (or heavenly cloud) spawned them. Maybe if they slew Tyrael then all of Heaven would have been forced to get involved. Or at the very least Tyrael could of just flown back to sanctuary and picked up from where he left off.

5. Putz

Putz IncGamers Member

editeditedit

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  6. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

Tal Rasha and Mephisto were workinig together at the end to bring Diablo forth from the wanderer (that diablo model was the worst I've ever seen from Blizzard. It really did look like a 6 foot model of godzilla).

In the ACT 2 video, Baal was imprisoned and freed by Marius.