Tyrael build?

Ergroilnin

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay this is more of brainstorming, just what-if thread, but I always wondered what would be the best Tyrael wannabe character?

Paladin seems like the character of the choice and there is no open discussion about his armor and weapon - Tyrael's Might and Azurewrath. What would be the best fitting for other equipment and what about his skill/stat build?

Obviously even if someone made one, it won't be the strongest character really, the whole point would be to be something like Tyrael's imposter.

Twibz

Diabloii.Net Member
For me it would be this!

Helm: A circlet of some type to show his black head. Insert a good rare here.
Body: Tyraels Might (obviously)
Weapon: Azurewrath or Lightsabre
Shield: Some 'Sacred' Shield type. He is an Angel afterall.
Amulet: Angelic
Rings: Angelic
Gloves: Dunno what would fit the theme...
Belt: Thundergods is the only themed belt i think could fit
Boots: Waterwalks, hes an angel, he can walk on water right?

Build would be a melee of some kind. Probably Conviction and Vengeance because it kind of fits the bill.

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
For me it would be this!

Helm: A circlet of some type to show his black head. Insert a good rare here.
Body: Tyraels Might (obviously)
Weapon: Azurewrath or Lightsabre
Shield: Some 'Sacred' Shield type. He is an Angel afterall.
Amulet: Angelic
Rings: Angelic
Gloves: Dunno what would fit the theme...
Belt: Thundergods is the only themed belt i think could fit
Boots: Waterwalks, hes an angel, he can walk on water right?

Build would be a melee of some kind. Probably Conviction and Vengeance because it kind of fits the bill.
Everything you said, except I think I'd use an upped "The Patriarch" and two hand it...

Clervis

Diabloii.Net Member
I was actually thinking about this a while ago, a true paladin I called it. He'd basically only use sanctified gear options. If I ever find myself in possession of Tyrael's, CoA, and Azurewrathe, I'd definitely make one. It incorporated a lot of The Disciple gear. I was thinking a Zealot with a FoH switch. What I came up with was:
W1: Azurewrathe
S1: Spirit Ward
W2: Heaven's Light
S2: Stormshield
H: CoA
A: Seraph's Hymn
A: Tyrael's Might
G: LotH
B: Credendum
B: Rite of Passage
R1: Nature's Peace
R2: Manald Heal

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Azurewrath isn't Tyrael's sword, it was Izual's. I don't think it's a good choice.

In D3, Tyrael seems to wield a bastard sword, so the best choice among the uniques would be Doombringer, but I would probably choose a runeword because two of them have a very fitting name for the archangel of justice: Lawbringer and Hand of Justice.

NoisemakerArrow

Diabloii.Net Member
You probably mean "impostor", since "imposter" is not a word.

How is Stormshield "sanctified gear"?

Let's not forget Hand Of Blessed Light.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Biggest problem with any Tyrael's build is you can't equip it until clvl 84.
95% of my characters have finished hell by then.

Ergroilnin

Diabloii.Net Member
I dunno but I never thought 84 lvl was that high and generally unreachable. P8, single pass will get you to 89, so if anyone had tyrael's might and the other holy stuff, reaching 84 for the armor should be really that hard.

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Sanctimonious sounding shield? Sanctuary rune word?
Also, Headstriker (I think) should be considered as a weapon, since it's glowing white, if I recall correctly...

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Tyrael's, Azurewrath, Tomb Reaver - all made useless for PvM questing due to their ridiculous level requirements, especially since all the high end rune words are available in the 60s. I like to enter Hell at about 75 and be fully equipped. I would probably level in The Cave until I was 84 then re-spec. Actually I would probably zip through as a Hammerdin.

Sword has to be two handed surely. Angels don't need to hide behind shields.

I would go something like a two handed avenger. Maybe a Justicar - Fanaticism and Vengence on the Paladin and Infinity Merc.

Now if only I had a Tyraels - Oh yes I do :p