Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two Tournament Ideas:

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Genraek, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Genraek

Genraek IncGamers Member

Two Tournament Ideas:

Aight so I have two tournament ideas, thought I'd throw both out there (one came from my other topic, the other was inspired by a diff tourny I saw)

First Idea: The Superhero tournament.

Superheroes have this knack for wearing whatever they want out on to a battlefield and being a superstar, no matter what they're up against, think about it. The green lantern wears a ring..... and thats the only helpful thing. Superman might as well fight naked. Wonder woman? Bracers? Thats it?!

Well Diablo 2 hasn't given us heroes yet. We've only gotten adventurers. So lets see who can make a true hero.

Rules: You're going to be almost completely naked. There are 3 things you're allowed to wear with absolutely no exceptions.

1) Weapon. Single wield (a single 1 hander or a 2 hander), no dual wield, and no shields.

2) Jewelry, this includes: Charms, rings, and amulets.

3) A belt for potions. Must be plain white and a normal level item. No elites/Exceptional level allowed.

Gear may be picked up for muling for later chars or vendoring, but it may not be worn. If your character starts with a shield, vendor it immediately.

But we must remember, there aren't any heroes who summon allies (well except maybe the green lantern, but those aren't permanent allies) So you may not use any summons aside from hydra and traps as they are not permanent. All other summons are ILLEGAL. This includes shadow master/warrior, sages, vines, valks, skellies, revives, golems, and decoys. Conversion is legal, and so is mind blast. You can trick enemies tofight each other as long as you don't summon new ones.

Idea 2: I love my vendors tourny.

This one is based off the idea of the no town tourny. But opposite. I had 3 main ideas for this one.

1) You may only wear gear you have gotten from a vendor. If you can't buy it from a vendor, you can't wear it. This means no charms, or gems/runes. All those drops you love, GONE! This means you cannot pick up potions to use or scrolls or ANYTHING (Minus an item you want to mule off). The only exception is gold from monsters, which you can pick up.

2) You may not vendor ANY gear at all. Period. They don't want to buy your crap, they can't sell it to anyone else! That means to gear your char you may only use gold dropped from monsters. This means items that increase gold drops will be more valueable.

3) You must spend all of your money gambling at the end of every act. At the ned of act 1 you go to gheed and gameble off every penny you can. But remember you can't sell bad items back to him, you must drop them on the ground next to him. Let him laugh at you.

Any thoughts on these two ideas?

2. Charlo

Charlo IncGamers Member

Re: Two Tournament Ideas:

wheres the fun?

3. Genraek

Genraek IncGamers Member

Huh? I've always found that the harder I can make it on myself the more fun I have....

4. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

These ideas seem a little monotonous for my liking. The no summon restriction rules out most of the builds. The only builds that would even be remotely viable would be a necromancer with curses and CE. And maybe a barbarian with with terror/grim ward. Possibly try in a convertadin and some type of assassin with CoS. Even will those builds it will probably put most to sleep.

5. Genraek

Genraek IncGamers Member

I see the issues..... Hmmmm I don't see how many builds opening summons up would bring out though.

6. HC Gunther

HC Gunther IncGamers Member

A variation of #2 that I have thought about is that all skills you can actively use (i.e. make happen with a left or right click) have to be attack or use a charged item. That idea would be to force players to plan on using charged items. Perhaps you can use one skill when you get to Nightmare or Hell.

I think #2 would be very uninteresting - "Look, I got another great boss drop! Too bad I can't use any of it." Finding things provides 95% of the interest in the game.

7. Genraek

Genraek IncGamers Member

Thats a really good point, I hadn't thought about that when I was thinking of #2, well I hadn't thought about i in that way... I'm one of those guys that loves trying to beat the game without spending a stat point...... I should enter that no vit tourney lol.

8. Charlo

Charlo IncGamers Member

That was my point exactly