Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by wwyvern, Sep 5, 2006.

1. wwyvern

wwyvern IncGamers Member

Two questions

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:

- Ama build: I went for a strafe build and I need to magic attack to back it up against physical immunes to come in hell (I just finished normal, so no worries at the moment, just planning ahead): should I take freezing arrows synergized with cold arrow or should I take magic arrow? Is magic arrow killing fast enough phys immunes in hell?

- Single player question: to respawn the bosses, do I have to create a new game on 'Other multiplayer'? 'Cause I noticed playing in my SP game doesn't create new maps, it's the same game all the time.

Thanks for helping,
    WW

2. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

1. Strafe builds are quite strong. Mine only had trouble with bosses. I went the Strafe/Freezing and it worked out quite well. Mana was an occasional problem though for me. Magic Arrow, I really don't know.
    Just take this as freezing arrow does work. Others may help with magic arrow advice.

2. The bosses respawn every time you save and exit, as I'm sure you know. SP saves the maps. Just create or join a MP game (open b.net, TCIP etc) and your map will be rerolled.

Drystan :)

3. IronCrown

IronCrown IncGamers Member

1. No Idea

2. With your maps. If you want to reroll for exaple NM, just start a game in Normal, exit and start again in NM. The map will have rerolled. Whenever you change a difficulty lvl (N,NM,H) the other lvl's maps reroll when you go back.

Hope it helps

IC

4. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Or that :grin:
    Forgot bout that way, despite using it every time :)

5. wwyvern

wwyvern IncGamers Member

Thanks guys!

It's a bit surprising to see that you can respawn the bosses knowing the map in advance and therefore the fastest way to them... isn't this considered an abuse?

As for the zon, I think I prefer freezing arrow over magic arrow anyway, I was just wondering if it has enough power to kill phys immunes and you just answered that:)

6. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

no. no it isnt.

7. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

No. That is just the way Blizz made this game work in SP :smiley:

To answer your original zon skill question: MA adds magic dmg based on the physical dmg of your zon, so if you have a strong bow it works just fine. With low damage bows FA is better, because it deals the same damage no matter if you have windforce or cracked short bow. You could also use Witchwild String bow, it has ctc Amp to break physical immunities and built in lvl 20 (?) MA.

8. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Is it just me, or is the CtC Amp on WWS almost pointless? People talk about a Witchyzon having the chance to do quadruple damage, but from my extremely limited play-time with bowazons, I find that the 2% CtC might as well be 0%... it is just so rare. And even then, the radius is tiny, and it soon wears off.

Nope, it is one of the perks of SP. We have to get something for all the stuff that we don't get thanks to Blizzard's bias towards realm-play.

9. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

That depends on how many arrows you shoot. Never used strafe myself (well, not seriously) I don't know how many arrows you normally shoot, but even if it's around 10 arrows you have around 80% chance (0,98 * 0,98 etc 10 times) that you won't cast amp in that volley meaning in every 5 vollies of arrows you will once cast amp.. or you're expected to cast 1 in 5 anyway..
    practice > statistics though.. :rolleyes:

10. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's the theory in chipmc's guide too. In practice, I think I was shooting at least 5 arrows for single targets (hard to count!), and I noticed that it didn't Amp very often.

But that was like what? About 10 minutes in total of play-time? Don't take my word for anything. I haven't played bowies at all.

11. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

The ctc Amp on WWS doesn't matter much when you are fighting few enemies only (as you said, 2% isn't much :wink3: ). When you combine it with bigger crowds and good amount of pierce...then every arrow can hit 2 or 3 or even more targets, and you can see the difference much better. Pierce is a wonderful thing, easily one of the most powerful things amazon can have. After all zons are pretty much all about hitting as many monsters as possible with rapid speed, and piercing attacks make it much easier.