two questions...

Stringfello

Diabloii.Net Member
two questions...

1). Ive seen a few posts where people have discussed map seeds, and i know where to find what seed im running, but if i switch difficulties or what not, how would i be able to use that seed again, and is that something that is ok, or frowned upon, etc..???

2). i have a frost zealot at clvl 79 just entering hell difficulty, and i try to keep the players setting as high as possible...what are some suggestions on alternative skills/eq to deal with CI and CI/PI monsters???

thanks

Stringfello said:
1). Ive seen a few posts where people have discussed map seeds, and i know where to find what seed im running, but if i switch difficulties or what not, how would i be able to use that seed again, and is that something that is ok, or frowned upon, etc..???

2). i have a frost zealot at clvl 79 just entering hell difficulty, and i try to keep the players setting as high as possible...what are some suggestions on alternative skills/eq to deal with CI and CI/PI monsters???

thanks
1. You can change your map seed by going into properties fro the D2 shortcut you use, then in the 'target' command line (where it'll have something like "C:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe") you need to add -seed XXX Where XXX is not your favourite movie genre, but your map seed. So the target line while look like this. "C:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -seed XXX
And its a grey area. Some us to to restore lost maps if they accidently click the wrong difficulty, aslthough whats widely agreed is after you load the game up in the correct difficulty, exit, remove the tag line, then reload, since keeping the map seed command on effects drop chances.

2. the occasional CIPI boss you'll run into shouldnt be a problem. Having good chilly and physical damage should be sufficient to get you through the game. wasting skill points in something else will not be a good idea.
If you really dont like just leaving monsters alone, then i suggest either using a good elemental damage weapon on switch or stack lots of poison charms if you have space, and use them since it'll only help during the game.

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
2) You could also try a point in vengance to take out CI/PI. I use a 1 pointed vengance to take out players 8 PI's on my defiant zealot and while it's not fast it does work.