Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Rygun, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

Two questions

What is the actual dmg of the orb itself, bc it seems like it does alot more than the shards, anybody know.

also, what is better for a cold sorcy, Enigma or Chains of Honor?

2. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Remember ur mastery

against non cold immunes, your mastery can actually take a monster's cold immunity down to -100% (max), so it would take double the listed damage.

For example, if a monster has 25% cold resist, and you have -130% mastery and your orb does 400 pts per shard, then the monster would take 800 pts per shard since it's resistance is really -100%.

Also remember that a lot of the times more than 1 shard hits a single monster, so a single orb can pump out a lot of damage.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I came up with 553 max ORB damage at level 20, and 853 max ORB damage at level 30. You have to add on the damage of the ice bolts that are released, because at close range many would make hits.

This is what I have calculated from the EMin/EMax columns in skills.txt - I would love for someone to check the validity of my calculations.

I'd take enigma over chains for a sorc anyday - all you are missing out on are resists.

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Err sorry not that high

At level 20 (including the 1 in the prereq ice bolt), frozen orb does 267-282. With 20 orb and 20 ice bolt you'd do 366-387. All this without the mastery taken into consideration.

Level 30 orb (1 ice bolt) does 415-435. Level 30 orb with 20 ice bolt mastery does 569-597.

5. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

The original poster is speaking of the orb itself. Now, I'm uncertain on this, but I believe the damage of the orb itself (the blue ball in the middle) does more damage that what is listed. Again, I really don't know, so until I get confirmation on this I won't say another word.

EDIT: IIRC the listed damage is the damage of each individual bolt that is released from the ball - again, i'm not certain

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The orb itself should do no dmg, but the bolts appear from the center of the orb, causing alot of bolts to hit a monster if the orb travels directly over him/her/it.

The listed dmg for Frozen orb is for each bolt released.

Shadow_247: Frozen Orb has hitshift 7, so IIRC each value has to be multiplied by 0.75.