Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two questions: BoTD/WF/Prices

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Decker, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Decker

Decker IncGamers Member

Two questions: BoTD/WF/Prices

Ok, I'm very sorry as I'm sure this has been asked a million times, and I did check but I really can't find a definite answer. I've got a Herald of Zak shield right now on USWest ladder. I'm trying to make a strafezon...

I first off can't decide which bow to pick. I've been told that BOTD hydras are crap due to their lack of ability to be ethereal, but considering what seems to be a low price, I'm tempted...and I don't really know the price of WFs right now. Can someone help me out toas which bow I should pick? Keep in mind all I really have for trading is that Herald of Zak and I *might* fork out my 22% Mara's if i absolutely have to, to get the bow I want. If one's out of price range, I'll get the other regardless of its quality [unless there's another good alternative]

Again, sorry if it's been posted a million times. I searched in that one topic regarding speed but I'm not very familiar with those terms.

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Windforce is definitely cheaper than making a BoTD hydra. I bought my 7% wf on west ladder with a Vex rune, which is just one of the big runes in BoTD. I sold an unid hoz for an Ist rune a short while ago, and imo I think a 22% mara's + hoz would get you a wf. Just for a few more comparisons for you, I also traded 3 ists for a vex, however I think you can trade two ists for a vex, maybe with something else, but definitely less than 3 ists. In my opinion your Mara's is worth more than an ist. You should have no trouble trading your hoz + mara's for wf.

If you really find that you can't sacrifice your mara's (ie if your mf character depends on it), keep it and you can try an alternative bow such as upgraded witchwild string, which would be cheaper but still effective depending on how you want to use it.

How you want to use your strafe zon is another matter. If you hope to just do pit runs or something, you won't need a windforce. If you want to be able to do some killing later on in hell, you'll definitely want your wf. However even with wf you'll need more gear if you want to do decent damage in later acts.

3. Decker

Decker IncGamers Member

It seems like the value of Windforces have gone down. I've gotten a few offers for 6% or unID Windforces for my HoZ alone. I'd also be buying a premade BOTD Hydra if i do buy one, seems like I might have to throw in my Mara's to get a decent one. BOTD's extra damage to undead or whatever caught my eye, but mind you Laying of Hands has a nice mod for demons...blah....And, yeah my character would be mainly for pit runs, but I wouldn't mind doing other stuff like Baal runs, and killing D Clone is one objective I'd like to be able to complete...so far my equipment is going to be roughly:

Armor: Upgraded Skullder's

Helm: Vamp Gaze or ptopaz'd Shako...Prolly Shako for the MF and DR.

Rings: One dual leech, one Ravenfrost w/ 20 dex

Boots: 47% War Travs

Ammy: Either Cat's Eye or Atma's or something else. Probably cat's eye for the speed for MFing.

Belt: Either upgraded Goldwrap or Razortail, not too sure yet

Gloves: Dunno. Knockback gloves if I use BoTD instead of WF, laying of hands if WF.

Anyone know a relatively cheap bow that''s good for leveling up through the game until early 70's-mid 70's? Not looking to upgrade Goldstrike, haven't got those runes.

4. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

ok you're right. People are now selling unid Windforce for an Ist.

5. MrPipes

MrPipes IncGamers Member

Yeah. Just a week ago, I got an 8% Windforce and 33% War Travs for my Gul rune. I got a good deal, methinks. I traded my HoZ for a Schaeffer's Hammer, which in my opinion was a pretty fair deal. I know for a fact Schaeffer's is worth much more than a Windforce right now, as well. It's all about finding the right person.

6. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Just a general reply. Normally price requests and trading posts are not put into these strategy forums. There are instead specific trading forums for this and they can be found in the pulldown links at the bottom of the forum pages.
    If you scan the posts in the trading forums I think they will give you a better idea of prices and such. The amazon forum is more related to gameplay post.
    I hope you find what you are looking for.

7. Decker

Decker IncGamers Member

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I thought it was a pretty general Amazon post so I put it here; my bad, Lady Kirsty :)

Anyway, I've got my strafezon to level 78 so far, leveling from 70 solely on pit runs...And I've only done about 10-15 runs, haha. So far my best find was a Shadowkiller claw, but that's not going to discourage me. Also, I started using a Blessed Aim merc equipped with a Reaper's Toll, Upgraded Shaft and Normal Gaze, beefed my % to hit from a horrible 50-65% to a nice 70-90%, absolutely amazing how much the extra %'s can help with strafe...Is it worth upgrading a Gaze for my merc?

My equipment is as follows [keeping in mind I have no idea what the strafe fps breakpoints are, correct me if i'm totally messed up:

Shael'd 7% Windforce
    Ptopaz'd Shako
    Atma's Ammy
    Raven
    Dual Leech/Resist/small MF ring
    Upgraded Goldwrap
    Laying of Hands...god these things OWN against demons
    47% Travs
    Enigma Archon Plate...traded for my Gunbound items, lol
    Various mf charms, life charms, Gheed's