Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two questions about Guardian Angel

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Arkardo, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Two questions about Guardian Angel

Will it be worth it up my Guardian Angel? I intend to use it on my Barb (until I get something better) and maybe on a high level Merc (if I ever get one to level 90+), since I don't think this plate would be useful to me anywhere else (maybe on a future Paladin).

Not upping it wouldn't mean the defense would suck and it will still be usable by lower level characters as well as mercenaries. But then again, it wouldn't be as useful later on as it would be upped.

And why do so many people say the Guardian Angel is the best Act II merc armor? It might be useful in Nightmare, when you actually get use out of the +15% extra max resists, but on hell you'll need about level 95+ to START gaining advantage from it and that is, IF you combined the armor with Tal's Mask or some other + resist equipment. If you use Andariel's Visage, you'll only get to profit from the poison resist. So there must be something I've missed..

So what are your thoughts?

2. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

It wouldn't be great armor for a merc, but would look cool. Possibly player armor, since you could combine it with a +resis shield and a HotO and actually benefit from the +% max resis.

3. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

THAT was a fast reply! Thank you!

So you're saying: go for it and up the thing?

And just an off-topic question: what armor ARE good for high-level mercs? Something like an upped Duriel's Shell or Duress?

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Up it if you can cope with the higher strength reqs.

Good merc armors are generally the high end runewords, such as fortitude, coh, but also cheaper like stone, duress and upped shaftstop. Upped duriels is not that popular, but it sure is good.

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Some people use cube bugged ethereal Forts, CoHs, or Stones on their mercs. Duress and Duriel's is good too. Myself, I prefer Duriels, Glad's Bane, or Shaftstop because I'm stingy.

6. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

eth guardian angel is great armor for act3 merc

7. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

You can get better for the runes required. Not to mention that the str req will make it more or less useless for non-barbs.

8. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

My fanaticism-conviction zealot uses an upgraded GA which has 1558 def. The str req is 196, but that isn't a big problem with so much +str from his other gear. He achieves resists of 90/90/95/90, and with Thundergod's, actually gets healed when shot by Gloams.

Likewise, upgraded and eth GA makes a great armour for Act 2 mercs. Um the GA, and with an Um'ed Blackhorn's Face (+20 lightning absorb), and a high merc level, the merc will also have 90/90/95/90 resistances, and never die from Gloams (unless they spawn with Conviction).