Two questions about casters

lpblasch

Diabloii.Net Member
Two questions about casters

Do sorcs, necros, etc actually get the bonus when you equip a charm that for example gives 6-10 to cold damage, or does that only apply to melee types? I'm building a light/poison Zon and don't seem to see any such result, but it may be that at level 76 the relatively small additional damage is hard to detect.
And, in a somewhat related question, does IAS help a caster? I'm thinking they want FCR, but perhaps IAS plays some role?

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Damage of charms is only added to melee attacks, this works for each character.

So it's added to the direct javalin / arrow hit, but not to the lightning fury, poison effect.

EDIT:
it has some side-effects though. Fire damage is added to the splash damage of explosion arrows skill (found on some bows)

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Charm elemental damage adds to melee and ranged attacks, but not pure 'caster effects'. Attack, Throw, the javelin skills, Zeal, etc, should all get the benefit of the charm damage. For the javelin skills, the elemental damage is only added if you actually hit the target, though.

IAS does not help a caster. However, back in v1.09, Lightning and Chain Lightning depended on IAS. 6-Shaeled Phase Blades and IAS-boosted Chu-Ko-Nus were standard lightning sorc gear.

herobomberman

Diabloii.Net Member
since that seems answered, im going ask this (so i dont have to start a new thread).. my ik barb has a rogue at the mo, pretty much cause i wanted something to use my WF :p .. anyway, at the mo, this rogue has WF with an empty socket and "treachery" armour (so 45ias). just wondering what helm i should use (another ias breakpoint, or anything to get more power out of her) and what should i socket the bow with (she has no leech at the moment, but i dont think a single amn would help a ranged attack in hell ie 7 at 1/3 cause of hell is 2.. halved for range = 1% leeched? lol?)

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
since that seems answered, im going ask this (so i dont have to start a new thread).. my ik barb has a rogue at the mo, pretty much cause i wanted something to use my WF :p .. anyway, at the mo, this rogue has WF with an empty socket and "treachery" armour (so 45ias). just wondering what helm i should use (another ias breakpoint, or anything to get more power out of her) and what should i socket the bow with (she has no leech at the moment, but i dont think a single amn would help a ranged attack in hell ie 7 at 1/3 cause of hell is 2.. halved for range = 1% leeched? lol?)

Leech does little for a rogue, it´s better to keep her out of harm´s way with the playstyle.

Another 13% IAS would take her to the next breakpoint. I would either put a Shael in the bow or an IAS jewel in Guillaume´s Face (that would be my helm of choice). For the other (possible) empty socket, you have some nice options.

herobomberman

Diabloii.Net Member
Leech does little for a rogue, it´s better to keep her out of harm´s way with the playstyle.

Another 13% IAS would take her to the next breakpoint. I would either put a Shael in the bow or an IAS jewel in Guillaume´s Face (that would be my helm of choice). For the other (possible) empty socket, you have some nice options.
oh how random i gave her a guillaumes face to tide her over till i found the "right helm" well, i guess i can shove a ias j00l in the helm...now i just need something to put in that windforce, if i was gonna make a zon to use the WF, what would most likely put in there? shael?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Shael is useless if you use the Treachery armor. You have 80% IAS, the breakpoints are 78 and 120.

Well, what would the build be like if you used it for an amazon (and would it be her or the merc that were to use the Windforce)?

herobomberman

Diabloii.Net Member
Shael is useless if you use the Treachery armor. You have 80% IAS, the breakpoints are 78 and 120.

Well, what would the build be like if you used it for an amazon (and would it be her or the merc that were to use the Windforce)?
yeah no idea, never played an amazon, wanted to do a "set" one first, frost maiden i think is best for m'avina's im told, was all excited i found the WF, cause i thought it was one of those uber weapons, but really, i have no idea if its that good, jsut dont really see the point of bows.