Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two newbish questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Cerebron, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Two newbish questions

It's kinda a shame to ask these questions. Just never got a chance to figure them out.

1) How come some items have speical colors like purple and orange?

2) Does DC always drop ONE annihilus? What if there are more than 1 player there?

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

1) I'm guessing that purple items you see are Magical Items...unless there is an actual purple color heh. Orange items are Crafted Items. Using the Horadric Cube and crafting recipes you can take magical items and spawn them with new, and sometimes very useful mods.

2)DC always drops one annihilius, no matter how many players are in the game. Please also remember that DC only drops anny charms in Hell games. If you can actually spawn him in norm and nm games, he won't drop it at all after you kill him.

3. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

turn mh off and the purple will go away

4. c64flash

c64flash IncGamers Member

Do you mean how they look on players ? I know that for example Goldskin has an orange look because of the "% extra gold find". An armour will look red when it has a "+ to life" mod. I'm not sure whether purple is related to a specific mod, but offcourse Tal Rasha's armour is purple.

5. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

Ah, i can shed some light on the colors....obviously these guys havent been noobs lately, or played chars thru the game much in 1.10 :( like said above though, red is from hp mods, orange is from thorns, purple is generally from items with res all (shields mainly) but if u put a amythist in certain armors it will appear purple, blue is from mana mods. you can make armors any color with certain gems...black, red, blue, goldish, purple green.
    and the Uber Diablo thing...well yah that does seem a bit unfair but hell you just gotta be fast and its all good :uhhuh:

6. mordeth

mordeth IncGamers Member

Rattlecage armor also looks purple on the character wearing it (Tal Rasha's set as well?).