Two Might merc questions

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
Two Might merc questions

The first one is easy. I got a unique spear with 3 sockets. I put 3 Amn's, and that's "21% life steal per hit." What does it mean formula-wise?

The second is kinda tricky. Just found a unique helm that blinds the enemy when attacking. I give it to my might merc and everytime he hits the target, there appears a Dim Vision icon above the monster's head. I assume that means it blinds the monsters. But there're two problems:

1) Dim vision actually doesn't BLIND the monster. It reduces light radius to 1. So if you get really close to the monster, it's going to attack you. How about blinding the monster? Does that mean no matter how close you get to the monster, it's just dumb?

2) Can the blinding effect be overriden by a curse? I tried to figure out but it didn't work. It's got a curse visual effect, but it's not a curse.

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know about your first question, but yes, the Blindness effect can be overridden by most curses. Actually, the inverse is usually the problem. Hit Blinds Target and Causes Monster Flee both override your curse of choice (unless it's Attract) because they, in affect, cast Dim Vision and Terror respectavely.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Cerebron said:
The first one is easy. I got a unique spear with 3 sockets. I put 3 Amn's, and that's "21% life steal per hit." What does it mean formula-wise?
If I understand the question correctly, you want to know what the formula is for Leech with the 21%.

Life stolen = (Damage / 100) * 21

The damage used is the damage after all bonusses have been applied. So Might raises Leech.

Use a smaller font. This one is irritating.

TPMdm

Diabloii.Net Member
dim vision acts just like a curse. It can overite and be overidden. It reduces the monster's awareness radius to a very small area. If you are close he will still see and attack.

Life leech example:
Merc does 100 points of damage to a monster and he would get back 21 points of health (using your 21% leech).

Lothos

Diabloii.Net Member
dumb question, but which merc is supposed to be the might merc? In normal I got an offensive merc and he was might till he got to lvl 20 and then somehow become a thorn merc. I tried another offensive merc and he was thorns too, then tried a combat merc and again with the thorns. What gives?

Peacrusher

Diabloii.Net Member
Lothos said:
dumb question, but which merc is supposed to be the might merc? In normal I got an offensive merc and he was might till he got to lvl 20 and then somehow become a thorn merc. I tried another offensive merc and he was thorns too, then tried a combat merc and again with the thorns. What gives?
Your confused I bet on the aura given off.

Act 2 mercs (norm) is
Offensive Blessed aim (good nuf to get you outta norm)

Act 2 Merc NM is
Offensive Might

The other combat/Defensive I never can remember those cuz I don't use them.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Peacrusher said:
Your confused I bet on the aura given off.

Act 2 mercs (norm) is
Offensive Blessed aim (good nuf to get you outta norm)

Act 2 Merc NM is
Offensive Might

The other combat/Defensive I never can remember those cuz I don't use them.
NM: Defense=Holy Freeze....Combat=Thorns

I like for norm, a prayer merc mostly.

HoS

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
By the way, Thorns aura and Might aura always look the same to me. Maybe only pallies can tell them apart.

hiphopbunny

Diabloii.Net Member
Cerebron said:
By the way, Thorns aura and Might aura always look the same to me. Maybe only pallies can tell them apart.

Thorns and Might are quite easily distinguishable - for one, might is a much smaller effect, second - thorns sorts of curls round you (i.e. the aura appears to move like a clock around affected people.. hard to describe ) whereas might is always constant.

Lothos

Diabloii.Net Member
What confused me is I thought might was a tiny red circle aura whereas thorns was the gold spiky one with the circling glow.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
HarbingersOfSkulls said:
NM: Defense=Holy Freeze....Combat=Thorns

I like for norm, a prayer merc mostly.

HoS

More notes about mercs, normal and hell have the same merc types, and act 2 defensive merc is defiance