Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two horadric cubes

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Stri, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Stri

Stri IncGamers Member

Two horadric cubes

I don't remember this happening last time. One is a higher level than the other. Is there any difference?

Cheers

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: Two horadric cubes

First, you are in the wrong forum.
    Second, screenshot or it didn't happen.
    Third, what? How do you mean two horadic cubes? You can only have one in your inventory so if you have 2, something strange happened.

3. Stri

Stri IncGamers Member

This is the second time I've encountered a really ****ty attitude on this forum...
    Ok, this did happen. I may have took the time to post the pic for someone else but since you've opted to be a total asshole about it I don't think I'll bother.

Clearly. I have two in my stash.

4. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

I am not being ****ty. I just get wary when people with 14 posts make a topic about something that is impossible in the wrong forum. It's just something that alerts my scam sensor.
    Hence why I ask for a screenshot.
    That and because looking at screenshots is fun (although I may be the only one in this topic that enjoys watching screenshots in this topic).

As for difference, one of them is probably from normal/nightmare/hell while the other is from a different difficulty. There shouldn't be a difference. If there is a difference, it's probably just that only the one of the current difficulty works with the quest of the current difficulty.
    As for other things (crafting/other recipes) non of those depend on the level on the cube. So it doesn't matter. Find one that works (atleast one is going to work) and keep the other one as extra storage.

[edit]
    And what level are you talking about? I just checked and my cubes don't have levels.

5. Stri

Stri IncGamers Member

Ok, well perhaps I should've paid more attention to the forum's but I thought I'd get away with posting in general.

Here is the pic: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PdTgj8qzqoiwt-WLvmfxig?feat=directlink

Storage isn't a problem as I'm using plugy (sp?) - perhaps that's why this glitch has occured. Also cain keeps coming up to me and telling me I've found quite a treasure in that horadric cube every time I see him.

Well when I mouse-over the normal one shows level (13 I think) and the NM shows 40 something.

6. Moonfrost

Moonfrost IncGamers Member

The reason NASE requests a screenshot is probably because your original post gave pretty much no info about your situation and what might've caused two cubes to appear. It's hard for us to help if there's nothing for us to go by.

Anyway, luckily you did post a screenshot now which cleared things up a fair bit. It's pretty likely you've encountered a third party mod bug (or feature), which explains the two cubes, why the cubes have levels, why your stash looks the way it does and so on. I've never heard of two cubes appearing in a non-modded game so it's probably that.

If you're into third party mods, muling applications like ATMA are an absolute necessity IMO.

7. Killafornia

Killafornia IncGamers Member

You're using pluggy. It allows you to put more than one of those types of items into the stash. You couldn't however do that with your character inventory. Just trash one of the cubes because with the infinite storage of pluggy you have no need for 2 cubes.

Also pluggy has a shared stash with all your characters so you don't need ATMA unless you do single-player trading.

8. Stri

Stri IncGamers Member

Sorry if I've given the wrong impression, I wasn't asking for help. I was more just curious. I was wondering what others thought. It wasn't the reply but more the manner in which it was worded which I was against. As you say, it's been cleared up and that's good.

Yeah, certainly looks like 'Plugy' is the cause of the problem

Cheers.

9. Stri

Stri IncGamers Member

Yeah plugy it is. How do I trash it?

I take it I throw it to the ground and create a new game then?

10. Killafornia

Killafornia IncGamers Member

Yeah just drop it somewhere it doesn't matter where.

11. Stri

Stri IncGamers Member

Cool.

Some weird stuff going on.

I was half way though act 3 (as my nephew was running me through nightmare and it's now got a third, seemingly out of nowhere. Odd.

Anyway, thanks chaps.