Two free songs...what should I get?

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
Two free songs...what should I get?

I was at a luncheon where there were Pepsis and I managed to snag two winning caps. So, any suggestions on what I should get?

I'm leaning towards classical I can't get *cough* elsewhere *cough*

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm an ignorant french Canadian... I have no clue what you're talking about... Care to develop the concept of getting free music from bottles of soft drink?

publius

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're leaning towards classical, the music store does have a pretty good recording of Vladimir Horowitz playing the Rachmaninoff Concerto. Of course it may be one of those things where they make you buy the album, though.

dorcusmalorcus

Diabloii.Net Member
Some "classics" currently being played in our house right now are "The Toileteers" by Bear in the Big Blue House, "Quack, Quack, Cockadoodledoo" by The Wiggles, and the always popular "Monster in the Mirror" by Grover.

Can't go wrong with any of them.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
dorcusmalorcus said:
Some "classics" currently being played in our house right now are "The Toileteers" by Bear in the Big Blue House, "Quack, Quack, Cockadoodledoo" by The Wiggles, and the always popular "Monster in the Mirror" by Grover.

Can't go wrong with any of them.
C is for Cookie!!

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
:lol: Zodiac if your sig is true does that mean that we don't have to worry about overpopulating the planet. When there's no room on Earth the dead will walk in Hell?:lol:

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I say you get "Strokin'" by Clarence Carter. That is, if you don't already have it. That way you, too, can stroke it to the woman that you love the best. ;)

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
Get "Piano Lessons" by Porcupine Tree if you can find it. It's reminiscent of old, old Pink Floyd (before Dark Side of the Moon, even), mixed with some Beatles catchiness and Radiohead weirdness.

Another hard-to-find thing you might like... Yo Yo Ma has done a recent collaboration with a musician from South America (the name escapes me but he has pretty high credentials, too) that mixes elements of jazz, classical, and folk. I've heard some of it and it is pretty darned good.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
This is far from classical, but I'd suggest trying "Me vs Maradona vs Elvis" by Brand New as well as "Blue in the Face" by Alkaline Trio. Both are very slow and low key, Blue in the Face being acoustic. Very good songs that appeal to a wide variety of tastes.

Anakha1

Banned
Canadia142 said:
SLIPKNOT! Then you can sing about SATAN SATAN SATAN 666 666 RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DIE DIE DIE
*medicates Canadia*

These little bouts are getting more and more frequent... *sigh*