Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

two and a half questions

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by trunte, Mar 30, 2005.

1. trunte

trunte IncGamers Member

two and a half questions

Hey,

i have been looking in these forums for a couple of days now but i keep finding different IAS breakpoints. So I just want to know if some of you could post the updated IAS breakpoints for GBM [10].

My second question is about the helmet for a amazon. Which should i use. I'm leveling a faith ama. I'll use faith, forti, Wt, raven, LOH (or some rare gloves with +passive and ias), highlords but i can't decide on a helmet. I have been thinking on Giant Skull with 2 sockets and ill use and a 40/8 max jewel and a ed/ias jewel. The giant skull is also used for the knockback. And this leads my to my last ½ question... does knockback work when piercing?

thanks in advance

2. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

How are you replenishing your mana and health. I sort of built the perfect Zon...and I am sure others may disagree with my helmet, but I think that the helmet I mentioned in my guide is definitely something you may want to consider.

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest [set Death Mask]
    socketed with at least a 15% IAS jewel is 15ias/15rez cannot be found

-10% Life Stolen Per Hit
    -10% Mana Stolen Per Hit
    -15% IAS
    -All Resistances +15
    -45 Defense
    -30 To Mana
    -60 To Life

Most of the time a Zon build is short on Resists, and if you are building a Faith Zon...you do need additional sources of IAS. The dual leech on this helmet is SWEET. Watch both your life and mana get replenished withing 1 or two shots. BTW, are you multi or strafe? AND, are you GMB or Mat (FAITH)?

3. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

I assume you're using a GMB, since you asked for the breakpoints for that, but what level fanat is it? That will make a difference when it comes to breakpoints.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

There is an IAS guide right here in this forum...that's what I use...

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=183692

Knockback will work with piercing arrows...but knockback doesn't always work...it has a xx% chance of going off, I also think that larger monsters are less likely to be affected but thats...

Euro-Crash: Congratulations on your perfect Zon, that's quite an achievement:)

5. trunte

trunte IncGamers Member

Oh sorry how stoned of me :D... im a strafer and im going to be using a GMB faith with 14 fanat.

Whats the break points for that?

I have found a guide or two but can decide on which of the has outdated breakpoints... (not saying the same)

6. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

You have 40% ias now and I am sure that 55% will hit 8/2 which is the fastest. You may only need like 46% or so. I don't remember. Crash is on the money with tals helm here. 10% dual leech will take care of everything you need. The other mods are juicy also. You will need to fervor (15% ias jewel) the helm though. Only 1 other option with dual leech which is Steelskull. This has 5% each which should be enough for a straffer and up to 50% MF. Also comes with 10% ias so you may need to verify the 8/2 breakpoint before you socket. 50% may be enough for 8/2.

Crash, you have a great build. I am not so sure on perfect though. You are basically playing as an 8 frame multi zon 95% of the time. I have one also and they absolutely rock. The only problem they have is boss killing skill. The LF is great for cowing/crowd control but does not help you with your main problem which is slow boss kills. My pure bow multi zon with 20 points in magic arrow also completely tears everythiing up, but I chose to max Guided also to speed up the boss kills. You rarely run into a mob of PI's which is the only time you would prefer LF over multi. I would like to see you max CS instead with some extra points in a synergy. This with a set of thunderstrokes would help immensly with the boss's.

I just feel that the LF is wasted in this build as it does the same thing that multi does.

7. Euro-Crash

Yeah...was a bit full of myself. But, if played correctly you can handle any situation. I can rush 6 people through hell with this build. At clvl 90 I added 1 point into guided...and have found it to be useful for bosses that move. HOwever, once my merc gets into position and hits them with the Decrepify from Reaper's Toll, I find that the boss tends to stand still long enough to get pummeled by my arrows.

It may not be as fast as a Hammerdin...but I do so like the {b]jack of all trades[/b] build I have developed. You are right, I am finding I hardly ever use LF...its more of a show off skill...Multi pretty much tears through everything and Magic Arrow handles those pesky immunes (ghosts in tombs and arcane). CS would indeed be a geat boss killer skill, but I just am having no problems....

BTW, what is your merc using XZON?

8. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Yea, I figured you barely used LF. Damn that 8 frame multi rocks though. Anyone who has been in the zon forums a while knows that I always max magic arrow on my bowazons. I have been a fan ever since building a WWS straffer. Using this skill on a high damage bow makes quick work of any PI. You can definately rush people in hell with the multi build. I use guided for the boss's until I get mana burned (baal) then fire about 10 magic arrows 'till my mana pool returns. You could also have used those 20 LF points in some passives or CS. I found that with my build, I made super quick work of pretty much everything in the game but wanted a better boss killer.

My might merc for my multi zon is using an etheral andarials vissage, COH and reapers toll. Low Dr but nice Life leech, max resists, +4 skills for higher level might. I forget the name of the runeword but if I had the polearm that adds concentration, I would be using that one. Decrep is great but oh the damage I would be doing.

9. Euro-Crash

To tell the truth X, I had the PRIDE polearm you are talking about. It tops out at lvl 20 Concentration. It does add a bit more damage, but I found it to be a bit of a problem as far as keeping the merc alive. Keeping your merc alive is imperative IMHO, because it allows you to get into position to strike. Also, making sure he is alive to cast decrep is very important as well.

My mercenary is equipped as follows:

-Guillame's Face (CHAM)
    -Eth. PERF Fortitude Wire Fleece (2100 defense)
    -Reaper's Toll (15% LL) ---> needs BER

I swtiched up from the PRIDE polearm...did not like it. I found that once Decrep kicks on its effect is more useful than a tiny bit more damage (I did notice the damage, but it deemed it to be a wash).

BTW, you on East or West? I think that quite possibly the two of us have the Amazon thing down. After mastering Frost Zealots and Multi-Zons, I have moved onto my next project....a Windy Druid.

If all goes well there he should be looking at lvl 42 Hurricane/Tornado with 125% FCR. Yummy!

TTYL

10. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Yes pride. I'd like to give it a shot. I do love decrep on those boss's though. I really have not worried about fine tuning my mercs. Probably should go for 50% DR to keep them alive. I just threw on what I had available.

I'm on east. Did the hammerdin thing about 20 times. Usually just get them to hellforge at about level 65 and stop there. Pretty much mastered that one though it's not very tough. Did the summon/bone hybrid with marrow walks bug. Real nice but the lag annoyed everyone. Too many amazons to count. A meteorb with tals set. Avoided barbs and 'sins. Would like to try a hurricane/tornado build for PvM but never saw a guide for it. I just started Hardcore. I have a hybrid javazon/multi. I'm in act 3 NM at level 50. Using Irathra's set, twitchthrow and misc rares. Actually pretty decent so far but using a rare bow and that tree stinks so far. Also have a Hardcore summoner who is in act 3 normal. Very tough when your poor.

Did we hijack this thread?

11. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Yes pride. I'd like to give it a shot. I do love decrep on those boss's though. I really have not worried about fine tuning my mercs. Probably should go for 50% DR to keep them alive. I just threw on what I had available.

I'm on east. Did the hammerdin thing about 20 times. Usually just get them to hellforge at about level 65 and stop there. Pretty much mastered that one though it's not very tough. Did the summon/bone hybrid with marrow walks bug. Real nice but the lag annoyed everyone. Too many amazons to count. A meteorb with tals set. Avoided barbs and 'sins. Would like to try a hurricane/tornado build for PvM but never saw a guide for it. I just started Hardcore. I have a hybrid javazon/multi. I'm in act 3 NM at level 50. Using Irathra's set, twitchthrow and misc rares. Actually pretty decent so far but using a rare bow and that tree stinks so far. Also have a Hardcore summoner who is in act 3 normal. Very tough when your poor.

Did we hijack this thread?

12. trunte

trunte IncGamers Member

Kinda :D

But no matter...

Would just like to know how the fanat aura works... it simply add ias just like any other ias or what?

Im going to take your advince on using Wf for strafe and then ill make a faith multi but have no real idea of stats for this?

20 multi
    20 magic for PI's
    a coulpe in A/D/E
    about 80% chance to pierce?

Hmm... X or dave could you write your choice of skills and stuff? Would appreciate it alot.

How is the animations for multi different when concerning ias fpa?

13. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

Uh-Oh, now you did it. I thought that we had finally shut them up.:D (Note: I would have used exclamation points but they have apparently been stolen by a certain poster....)

XZON and Crash have both recently written guides - the main difference is that XZON uses a lot of +skills to allow hard points to be put in lightning skills and uses Strafe instead of multi - the Zon is mostly a lightning poker with Faith back-up. Still, I think you could eaily adopt it to multi using the same principal because Multi needn't be maxed. I'll let XZON elaborate as it's his/her guide.

Both guides are pretty well written and explanatory. The biggest problem I have with them is a lack of faith. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Dud "Just a poor lil'"Spud

14. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Poor dud. I am actually thinking about giving up softcore soon. Maybe I will let you take a few of my zons for a wirl. About that guide. That was the first hybrid I ever built. I only posted it because crash had done the multi guide/magic/fury build and I wanted to show how powerfull the light side could be while still having an incredible bow back up skill or 2 for a very cheap price. Almost all of my other zons were always pure bow skills.

Anyhow...

There is another recent thread going that I listed my gear for both WF straffer and Faith multi. I always go war travlers especially if using might merc and fortitude. They end up adding like 13 x the 15min and 13 x the 25 max to the char screen. Very nice extra damage. Skills are very similar.

strafe = 20
    magic = 20
    pierce = 80% + (I never wear razortail as the straffer needs the slot for ias and my multi can become immune to lightening with Tgods. Plus with multi, it is not as important as it is for a straffer)
    Critical strike - around 60%
    D/A/E 50/60/50 or more if you have the extra points
    Penetrate - depends on chance to hit and if you use demon limb on switch. 1-5 is probably enough.
    Slow missles - always 1 (prereq for valk anyway)
    Valke - rest

Figure final gear and you can work backwards on the D/A/E and critical strike. For my straffer I ended up with about 84% pierce after + skills.

Multi is very similar except I dont max multi. I find that about 17 arrows covers everything that I need to hit and costs a lot less mana than going max. At max, you can get 24 arrows and some think it looks very cool with all those arrows but I have found it uneccesary. Pierce is not nearly as important for a multizon but you may want to put some points in guided for a boss killer. Straffers just strafe the boss's but the multi build uses either magic arrow or guided.

9/2 strafe is 5 frame first arrow, 2 frame for arrows 2-10 and 4 frame clean up. total 27 frames for 10 arrow cycle. (might be 6 frame first and 3 frame clean up)

8 frame multi is same as normal attack. 3.1 attacks per second each attack taking 8 frames to complete.

The fanaticism Eias is a complex formula that I beleive you will find in a post by leissa. You don't want to do those calculations yourself. Basically it completely lowers the breakpoints far more than the ias would indicate. Don't add them together. This about it. A GMB is normally 147% ias for 8 frame but only 46% ias when you have level 14 fanaticism. The drop is huge.

Almost forgot, stats. Str - enough for gear (some of the recommended gear adds str so don't waste any. Vit/energy - none (target 600 life or so from gear and charms). Dex - all rest. Should be around 500 by level 90.

15. Euro-Crash

Oops!?!

Well...in any case, he should take a look at our guides. There are plenty of answers in each. IMHO, he needs to focus on an 8fpa Multishot rather than 7fpa. TO get to 7fpa the gear sacrifices will mean much lower damage. Albeit, an 8fpa Multi-shot is still very respectable - and with the higher damage, you will be flattening everything you see.

16. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

gib meh teh itamz n00b!!111!!

Turns out, I am likely to leave Ea SCL soon, too. Not for HC, but for SP. I joined the ladder after the announcement of the new RW's, hoping I would be able to either figure them out, or at least make some. Other than Harmony and Oath, I was disappointed in them. Spirit seems tailor made for the oh-so-underpowered hammerdin, and Insight is just to make the Sorcs use the under-utilized A2 mercs instead of A5. I had only recently started, so I have more wealth now on scl than SP, such as it is. Therefore, I still have the SP haughtiness that you can only truly understand a build when you play it un/moderately-twinked:D.

Still, it is nice to dream about giving Faith a whirl...

DudSpud