Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Twitchthroe.. need advice

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by channimal, Sep 15, 2006.

1. channimal

channimal IncGamers Member

Twitchthroe.. need advice

I'm not very lucky on drops and when in some groups/cow runs.. I stand too far back to be able to make a bid for anything.

So, when Twitchtrhoe dropped for me last night on a near-empty cow run I was thrilled to death. But, I'm now struggling with what to do with it. My gut tells me to go ahead and add the socket to it and try and trade some pgems for a solid IAS jewel. But I'm not sure if I should save the socket reward for something else.

Any advice/thoughts from the esteemed folks here? My intent is to go the way of Harmony for a bow.. and focus in on some good mana/life leech. I'm struggling with an ultimate build but I've usually steered towards a hybrid build.. but maybe with a penchant for strafe. I'm using an act2 merc.. but I'm hoping to get some good gear for a an act1 rogue.

Again, any thoughts, musings, and general "messages for the soul" would be appreciated :)

2. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

Hi channimal

Honestly I have never thought of socketing Twitch, mainly because 1) for starfe generally the last bp is easy enough to reach without socket/ias in the armor and 2) for multi there are plenty of armors providing more ias than a ias jewel socketed twitch. For the poor there is Treachery, for the rich there is 160/60.

Despite all these, I think whether or not to socket your twitch only depends on whether socketing it is needed for you to reach the bp you desire. Tell us your main skill and what other equipment you have would help us to get more ideas for you :).

I have a bowie using unupped, non-socket twitch as end-game armor, she's lvl 83 now. The armor as it is is fine, because her head gear and bow provides loads of ias and she's well beyond the last starfe bp.

3. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

go old school...make a riphook strafer...socket that twitch and stick a fervor in the hole....don't even think about upping it...you lose style points if you do.

4. windwingwind

what the hell is riphook strafer :grin:

5. superdave

she is one of the best zons you can play:rolleyes: ....how about this for a build? this was the last girl i made who used a riphook.

max strafe...few points into FA...throw the rest into passives.
    pure dex.

riphook socketed with a shael
    blackhorn's socketed with a cold damage jewel(glacier if you can find one)
    twitch socketed with a cold damage jewel
    nos coil
    frostburns
    goblin toe
    ravenfrost
    rare mana leech ring(manald will work too)
    eye of the etlich

hire yourself a holy freeze merc and give him a reapers

load up your inventory with cold damage charms...if you can afford it an anni and a torch will let you equip all of this stuff without resorting to strength charms(i think the blackhorns is the highest req @ 55)....i can't recall how i glitched my gear...i know i didn't use any unique charms...the nos coil and the twitch will help you equip some gear because they come with + strength....the rare mana leecher that i used probably had strength.

now just strafe away....everything will come to a crawl...they will be chilled AND slowed from multiple sources of cold....the range of the bow is greater than your merc's holy freeze making this a very safe build even when facing archers...i even put a few extra points into slow missiles to increase the duration.

you should have 80 ias meaning you will strafe at 8/2...you should have about 60% slow with the blackhorns/riphook/noscoil....you also have pmh and open wounds...enough CB to eventually take down bosses...you have enough ll to always keep your red full....what more could you ask for?

with the decryp from your mercs reaper you don't have to worry about baal...you can easily finish the game with gear that costs only a few pgems.

not killing fast enough? use a demon limb on switch(you will need unique charms to equip this if you go pure dex)...up the riphook...you will lose style points if you up.:wink:

6. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

A strafer using a Riphook is also known as a "slowzon". (puts on old codger voice) Back in the days of 09', when runewords were few and far between, this was a pretty popular build. A strafer using a Ripper, Cleg's gloves, cold charms etc., with a HF merc using a Kelpie Snare. You get the idea.:wink3: People finished the game with this bow, (not upped).

7. superdave

i found that using cleglaws was overkill...the extra slow really wasn't necessary and she was always safe enough without KB...damn fun build to play.

8. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Pwned by my own slow response time :laugh: Back in the day, the Riphook had the same cult status the Witchwild has now. The Witchwild users back then, (no sockets) were considered fanatical whack-birds. :rolleyes:

9. windwingwind

Thx ppl, exactly what I was asking for. I previously think of making one for BM PvP lol.

10. superdave

i usually don't pvp but the last time i did i used that zon to team duel...i used the clegs for the duels. :evil: all of the pubbies back then used MH...it was funny listenening to them cry about the equipment she used...not many of them cried because they thought it was BM, it was because they were consistently being beaten by a zon wearing "garbage".

11. channimal

channimal IncGamers Member

The challenge I have trying to mimic some of these builds is that I have very poor luck in drops. I think somewhere in a server-side setting I'm set at a negative 500% MF. To date (lvl 42).. the Twitchthroe has been only unique drop :(

But, back on topic, I'm going to hold off on socketing the Twitch. I'll try my best to get to 8/2 .. it's still early for me..

Thanks to all for your advice !! :)

12. windwingwind

^^ all of the items superdave mentioned can be acquired by pgems, no need to MF them all by yourself

13. lendial

lendial IncGamers Member

twitch is by far one of my favourite amours and by far the goldiest thing for low level leveling. I shoved a 15max jewel in mine ;x