Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tweaking LF zon.

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by SeCKSEgai, Aug 18, 2010.

1. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Tweaking LF zon.

Since the move to SP, I've been experimenting with builds I'd normally not bother with on Bnet. One of them has been an LF zon. The lack of FCR and decent teleport speed definitely kills her versatility for me since I'm not fond of always killing everything. However, she's turned out to be an excellent pindle killer, and seemingly ideal over everything I've used thus far. She was even the one to finally find my much sought after Green IK armor.

However, I'm not nearly as familiar with the mechanics of LF as I am with something like dtalon. After seeing no distinct clarification in the guides, I find myself wondering:

Is LF affected by IAS/FCR or neither?

Does the thrown javelin pierce when using LF - and if so, is it all that important?

Does the javelin split off and carry mods with it in any of the bolts, or are the bolts released just purely lite damage?

Is adding extra dex for the phys damage worthwhile, or is it insignificant as the phys damage impact is minimal?

Thank you for your responses =)

2. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

Re: Tweaking LF zon.

1) it's (throw speed) affected by ias
    2) pierce is THE MOST important skill LF could ever dream of. (If pierce is available, a second release of bolts can occur if another monster or wall lies behind the original target. Which makes it amazing (even overpowered) when you are facing a crowd.)
    3) every bolt released carries the lightning damage and the -resist (if any). The original javelin carries physical damage as well.
    4) Never add dex just for the sake of increasing damage. (other than some glass cannon zon.. which you are not). Lightning is your main source of damage.

3. Joeyzon

Joeyzon IncGamers Member

I know nothing of LF zons...I just wanted to congratulate you on finally finding your Soul Cage. I know from seeing in just about every other thread here on the forums your frustration over not finding it. Your IKSC= my Harlequin Crest...Once i finally found it...now I have had it drop 4 other times since...but the first was still the best. So just expect to find that IKSC on every other run now.

Good luck with your LF zon anyways.

4. droid

droid IncGamers Member

To add to what Arbing correctly said...

2) Razortail and 1 pt in Pierce is all you need for 100% pierce...you want 9 soft points in Pierce ultimately, but a good LF zon probably has more than +8 skills, though maybe not in SP w/o Torch+Anni...100% pierce is definitely recommended for target-rich environments like Cows and WSK.

If you're ONLY running Pindle, its less important since you're only looking at maybe 2-3 monsters in a row, but still the 1 point is worth it, even if you go with another belt...

4) Phys damage is minimal unless you build specifically for physical damage, which hybrid zons might do but pure javazons do not. Adding dex adds very little physical damage, which is only really useful for leeching anyway, and you wont notice a difference there even at 500 dex with an upped eth Titans. Your Dex strategy is just to hit max block on whatever shield you're using (ie, Spirit Monarch or Stormshield), Str for equip, and rest of course in Vit.

5. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Thanks again for the input - had the one point pierce boosted by +skills and was using razortail, eventually swapped to tgods. Its kinda surprising how many titans I've found were eth =).

I was considering dropping the highlord's since it was my only source of IAS and deadly strike, but it probably just end up being a cat's eye since I'm not too worried about res with what I use her for.

But most importantly, thanks for the clarification on physical damage. While its pretty straightforward on the bowazon, wasn't too sure where piercing javs stood.

On a side note, did like the bowazon until you ramp up the players. Short of unbreakable light immunes, LF doesn't seem to care much either way. She's also the one class I really don't like BOing with a cta, but after having a pure bowa, (and pure Jav) the hybrid just didn't feel right.

6. Shaila

Shaila IncGamers Member

Im wondering if cb is applied.
    Does anyone know?

7. droid

droid IncGamers Member

CB, and all similar weapon effects like DS and CtC, apply only to the physical javelin damage

The LF procs themselves only carry +% lightning and -% enemy res mos, and of course mana/life on kill if they kill anything.

8. Domonkazu

Domonkazu IncGamers Member

I have a question, will sc psn do any good for LFing cows??

9. droid

droid IncGamers Member

PDSCs will only stick the poison to the physical jav damage, so it will only hit a small percentage of the cows onscreen - and, really, the poison damge is negligible compared to the damage from the lightning anyway.

PDSCs are for PvP, and maybe for Multizons and Strafezons, and even then only in large quantities, and even then max/AR SCs are better :) Really, PDSCs are for PvP, or keep just one for PvM for stopping monster regen if you dont have poison from Atma's :D