TV Tuner

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
TV Tuner

This is the thingy for the computer that I'm asking about. How does it work, and what is the average price for it. Also, will I be able to get basic cable channels, if I get them on another TV. Thanks for all your help

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm assuming you mean a PVR card. They run around 75-150 bucks depending on what you want. You will get whatever you get on your normal cable. I have a PVR set up on my computer and it is pretty sweet. It saves me space for a TV and works as a tivo-type device as well. Check newegg.com for possible cards. Search for "tv tuner" under video cards.

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
I'm assuming you mean a PVR card. They run around 75-150 bucks depending on what you want. You will get whatever you get on your normal cable. I have a PVR set up on my computer and it is pretty sweet. It saves me space for a TV and works as a tivo-type device as well. Check newegg.com for possible cards. Search for "tv tuner" under video cards.
I have cable TV, so does it need to use a cable tv socket, or just install it and done. BTW, will check out the site now, and then go to sleep. Hopefully this thread is still alive tomorrow

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
blu3l1ghtn1ng said:
I have cable TV, so does it need to use a cable tv socket, or just install it and done. BTW, will check out the site now, and then go to sleep. Hopefully this thread is still alive tomorrow
The cards just have the usual cable jack on them, if you want to use both the tv and the card you will have to split your cable or get another line.