Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

TurinT's Intro

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TurinT, Aug 30, 2006.

1. TurinT

TurinT IncGamers Member

TurinT's Intro

The Beginning:

A long time ago TurinT saw his freshman roomate playing a very interesting computer game called Diablo 2. He asked his roomate about the game and watched as a whirlwinding Barb sliced down demons and monsters. TurinT decided that Diablo 2 would be quite fun! He picked up a copy that Christmas and started a single player necromancer. It would be his first, and for a time last, SP character...

The Journey:

TurinT decided one day that playing online on Battle.net would be interesting!
    He played mostly Amazons and Sorcs, and dabbled in Paladins and Assassins. He saw how easy it was to get around with a Sorceress and started finding lots of Unique and Set items. TurinT then became obsessed with MF runs and general Loot-*****'ing. Some people were nice on the realms, others weren't. The lag monster would eat his characters every now and again but overall, life in Diablo 2 was good. Two years had passed, but now real life was starting to catch up with him. TurinT was studying Chemical Engineering at college, played Trombone in an orchestra and jazz ensemble and was an officer in a Fencing club. Diablo 2 and real life were not mixing well. So TurinT decided to take a break from D2 and focus on his studies and other hobbies. He did well and made it into Graduate school to study Nanotechnology.

The End is the Beginning:

TurinT was bored one day during Christmas break after his first semester in Graduate school. He thought, "I really miss playing D2 and all of the phat loot...". He played on the realms and saw many interesting changes in the game itself. But over a couple months he realized that the people were not as nice, the lag monster had only grown in strength and that cheating had become more rampant. TurinT decided it was time yet again for another D2 change...

And so here I am, where the end is the beginning. I installed RWM and ATMA (which is a very cool program) and started my SP necro, Skellie_Bellie, who I shamefully admit I leveled to 30, even though I should be studying for a rather big exam. Anyhows, I'm 23 and live on the East Coast. Diablo 2 is my reprieve from the math and science that makes my head hurt. I still play the good ole T'Bone and am currently looking for a good Fencing club. I realize this is a very long intro thread, but I had a few good laughs writing it, so I hope everyone in the SPF can relate and enjoy!

~TT

2. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Welcome to SPF!! Enjoy your stay here and watch out for item hackers. They can make you really pain and suffering..

3. Zaliqai

Zaliqai IncGamers Member

Also welcome to the SPF! And I thought your intro was great (unlike mine) :embarassed:.

Watch out for the shinkickers, they should be along soon. I'm too new to be able to pass you a couple of shinguards but you may get lucky if someone who does have them comes before the shinkickers do.

4. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Go Go first shin kick!

5. chrischar

chrischar IncGamers Member

Great intro thread,an interesting read.
    Welcome!
    Try not to neglect your studies or your RL activities,because of D2.I know it can be difficult (or easy for you,depends on everyone's self-control),but as you already know
    studies >> d2

EDIT:
    /OT
    @neumein: No offense,but highschool is 100 times more easy than nanotechnology studies.

6. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF man.

Yes, be careful of people kicking your shins, and also be wary of people stealing your drinks at the bar. (Newcomers like us are popular targets) Read the SPF FAQ to learn what the heck I'm on about =P

Anwyays, in regards to you feeling shame about levelling your character to 30 before an exam, don't worry about it. I played Diablo II all through my final year of high school, and still did fine. Just be reasonable with it though.

Looking forward to forum'ing (I make up pointless words) with you soon

7. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

hey welcome to the spf
    *kicks TurinT shins*

edit: and again its another engeneer joining the forum, theres seems to be a connection between engeneering and diablo 2 players:scratch:
    be nice to the eus
    /runway

8. somethingsin

somethingsin IncGamers Member

Very much agreed on all points.

Hi, and welcome to the SPF (trythemultiplayersometimes,it'sgreat)

Be sure to read the stickies, and especially the SPF FAQ, which should help translate some of the more unusual idiom.

Also, drop by the etdlahq memorial bar for a free rejuvie for your shins, and a free drink(or more) of your choice to wash down the nasty taste.

nanotech is cool... did a really basic course on it

9. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Oh? I always thought it was us artists who who had a connection to D2. :wink:

Welcome, TurinT!

Jude

10. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Welcome friend! Nice intro!

Don't be rediculous! Its the people who like fun who have a connection with D2!

-hps

11. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

You're all wrong! Trombonist => D2 => both at once => Madman!

Welcome to the forums TurinT, good to see another kind of 'Boner wandering the forums rather than the usual necromancer sort.

12. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! here's your goodie basket of baked good ans squid repelant. Don't mind the shin kickers they mean well, I think all the FAQ reading and EMB invites are covered so that leaves: cookies! for such a lovely intro I think you've pulled the bakers dozen, congrats and enjoy. :grin:

13. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum.:wave: Looks like everyone else already beat me here. Oh well. Enjoy your cookies. Stop by the EMB some time and have a beer on me.

14. xduckster

xduckster IncGamers Member

Hey man and welcome to the SPF!

Engineers pwnt all! Back when I played on Bnet, we had lots and lots of students in our dorms playing online, we used to multiplay all the time. :laugh: Those were the days, watching everyones hacked items.