Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tuesday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LprMan, Mar 30, 2004.

1. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Tuesday

Yeah, no Robin "daily" Strijdje today :D

My spearbarb is in act 1 hell now, he is lvl 79. Just awesome guy :drool: He has 8k max dam with berserk now and bit over 5k with WW. I tried some p8 Pit runs with him, it takes about 12 mins and my map is quite crappy. Pit entrance is almost as far from Outer Cloister as possible and Pit isn't compact inside, it is large area. So im very pleased I made this guy at last. Too bad he couldn't kill Might+Fanat archers in Pit lvl 2 on p8 too easily, he had to drink few purples. Today I will play him through act 1 to mid act 2, then continue Pitruns because of that sweet exp

2. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

I finally got tired of Meph yesterday and took my MeteOrb Sorc NannyOgg for a round in the Ancient Tunnels. Killing's fairly quick, drops could be better, though. I'm currently working on getting better MF equipment.

When something drops, it's really good, though! I found Cryptic Sword and Scissors Suwayyah there yesterday, the latter being my very first TC 87! :D

3. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

A little while ago I finally found The Summoner(of course in the last direction I searched) and I'm off to kill the big mean bug with my summoner/hunter. It might take a while, I don't have anything grand and my might merc is vital in providing damage output for my grizzly. My grizzly is of course easily recastable, but the merc isn't so the battle might strech out(and the holyfreeze of duriel won't help). NM Mephisto isn't so far now...

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

hehe, LPR beats me to it, i know hhe was waiting @ 23.56 last night for sure :lol:

anywayz, called in sick today @ work, im tiored from working around the clock for 2 weeks and wanted a day off, they refussed to give one, so i took one :strong:

anywayz, not much to do basiclly, listen some music, play som,e diablo and for the first in 2 months, i have sleepen untill 12.00... what a feeling :teeth:

@ Lpr, ow and my WWér is also act 1 hell, if you can host, let me know ^^

robin

5. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Wow, a Tuesday thread and there's exactly 50 minutes of Tuesday left where I am! Spent today doing some MF and working on my first HC character. A zealot, he's totally untwinked so a lot of fun playing like I used to years ago before I learnt of ATMA and these forums.

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Can't host :/

7. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I haven't had much time to play today. I got a few levels with my fledgling wind druid. That about it. He's level 8 or something.

8. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Update: This wasn't what I was expecting...

I was getting used to the idea of my grizzly being unstoppable(although lazy) and since my might merc had caught up with my clvl I started Tal rasha's tomb a little overenthusiastically(hastily) and decided to skip one of those mummy sacrofagi(generates decayed or something like them) and found my summoner from a room with 2 unique Unravellers(resurrects undead) one of them with fanatism other stoneskin, no sweat, I just cast my grizzly on top of the stoneskin one and poof my merc is gone, the unleachable burning dead got him. This of course makes my grizzly less effective and I had to use my Oak sage as a tank and resort to chilling with arctic blast. To cut the story short, it was a long battle. Next room I rush into happens to have 6 or more normal Unravellers... I used the Save&Exit tactic. The second try, I take a slower pace and reach Duriels lair fine. He was a real sucker, I just stepped back and used a bow to have the open wounds active and neither my merc nor my summons suffered any real damage.

Interesting to have some challenge in the game now and then.

Have a nice day.

9. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

i dont understand, i log onto the forum, see he tuesday forum, and theres stridjes name- wait who the hell is that ???? hehe, maybe lprman can be the new daily man
    looks like stridje has competition ^ ^

10. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

I restarted my multizon yesterday from the very beginning, and deleted my old one. She's just dandy.

I also did some more Pindle runs with Darken Rahl... which, once again, yielded nothing.

I'm starting to get very bored with this game. After years of playing it (since it came out), going through different patches, etc., I think I'm near the point of burnout. Problem is, I can't think of anything else to play that will hold my attention like this. I'm already bored with NWN, and Sacred isn't even out yet (right?). There are no good PS2 games anymore, at least none that I haven't played a million times. Silent Hill 4 comes out this year, which I'm drooling over, but other than that... *sigh*

Have a nice day.

~K_P

11. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

pff, me and competition, NEVAR!!! :teeth:

i was just testing you guys if anyone was awake and remebered the daily :uhhuh:

12. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

I have thrown out my old Asn MFer for a Paladin MFer who I have lovingly named The_Pallyban. Once again, I'll probably jump into some MP games and level there spamming Jihad everytime I kill a boss pack or something. :teeth:

13. slowpoke

slowpoke IncGamers Member

I killed durial in NM with my tesladin. Feeling inspired, I took my hammerdin into the tombs (in hell). More challenging, but he did fine until a FE/LE boss showed up. I was trying to check the mods on the boss when he died from one lightening bolt hit. :grrr: I think my merc poked him. At any rate, the second tomb had duriel so I took my frustration out on him and called it a night.

LprMan: what kind of spear is your barb using now? Just curious.

slowpoke

14. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

@ LPR: Your Pit experiences are still better than mine. My S/S WW barb usually needs a good 30 minutes to do a Pit run, partially because I kill everything in my path to Pit 2, but also because I have a really bad map and certain bosses just won't die quickly (mana burn, stone skin, cursed/might/extra strong/fanaticism skeleton boss pack, for example). I'm thinking of getting him a new map, but I'm afraid I might lose the good drops I'd been getting in the process. That's why I'm slowly building up a MeteOrb sorc to take over for him, and let him move on to Pindle runs.

@ Everyone: Anyway, got my new fanatic zealot from NM Upper Kurast through NM Baal yesterday. Good times, very easy with crushing blow, and even the three Prime Evils were pushovers with crushing blow, fanaticism, and my merc's might working together. Died three times, though. :( One when I was cursed and Geleb exploded, the other two when I got IM-ed mid-zeal. That's okay, though, it allowed me to discover the joys of zeal-punching: with crushing blow, it was still easy, and a lot safer.

The bosses dropped either crap or stuff I already have way too many of (trident and a bunch of bad rares from Baal; fuscina, gothic sword, tower shield, bad rares from Diablo; nothing but very bad rares from Mephisto). That really frustrated me, since I am absolutely dying for a yari, and to see so many spears, but none of the ones I want, dropping lately... :rant: On the way, though, I did find one interesting item: cedar staff. My MeteOrb is my first ever sorceress to get past Act 1 Normal in five years of playing this game, so I don't know how viable a shieldless sorc can be in the later stages of the game, but this staff is making me want to give it a shot. :)

That's enough out of me. Have a nice day, everyone! :wave:

15. AdunaCCDanimoth

I'll take one of those unique Tridents off your hands, spiral.

16. spiral55

All I need is an e-mail addy. :)

17. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Tuesday, 30 March 2004, 0700

I played Diablo2 until my eyes bled yesterday. I started out with my customary Pit runs. My first netted me an impressive M'avina's Embrace Kraken Shell. Quested my MeteOrb Sorceress from the beginning of Act2 Hell through the end of Act3 Hell, with the help of Sessily and his Lightning Javazon. There were some great item finds along the way, which Sessily was kind enough to allow me to keep, including a Jade Talon Wrist Sword with a perfect +2 to Martial Arts, a perfect +2 to Shadow Disciplines, a perfect +50 to all resists, and a very respectable 220% Enhanced damage. Also found an ethereal Shaftstop that, with 1001 defense, will see duty on my mercenary, and a Hone Sudan, which I will probably give away.

I have a lot of work to do today, so I likely won't get time for Diablo2. I'll likely start doing some Mephisto runs to break up the monotony of the endless Pit runs I've been doing lately. But, all of that will have to wait until later this week. Good luck to all on this Tuesday morning.

18. AdunaCCDanimoth

19. spiral55

@ Kremtok: See my above gripe about not being able to find Hone Sundan. :)

@ AdunaCCDanimoth: On it's way.

20. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Yes, I do full clears too. But now I have had some nasty bosses (mana burn, cursed multishot archers for example) and it hasn't been so fast anymore. I had to retreat from some battles because I was taking high damage. But if there is no nasty boss packs and my map would be near perfect, 7 min per run wouldn't be impossible. When he is Pat I will post more about him

@ slowpoke

I had ethereal upgraded Hone Sundan (3x Shael, 174% ed) but I just traded ethereal Hone Sundan which has 199% ed. I upgraded it too (now I don't have Pul runes anymore :grrr: ) and socketed 3 Shaels to it. That is one of the best weapons ever imo :)