Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tuesday thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Mar 9, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Tuesday thread

HEck, there isnt even one made yet :lol:
    well here it goes,

just the same old crap, stuck @ work etc...
    Traded my 7th +13 max jewel yesterday, which completed my 4 sock gothic plate and 3 sock great helm for my low lvl dueler (lvl 12)
    he is doing a sweet 301-1129 damage right now in 1 blow :D

still deciding what to do about my computer and hoping to get some playtime in tonight :p

have a good day all

robin

2. Vranic

Vranic IncGamers Member

Just a check, do you mean +13 to max damage? Because if you like those jewels, I have a +14 to max damage and I am not doing anything with it. Just did not threw it away because it was the highest I had and with ATMA i am keeping allmost everything now, hehe..

But seriously, if you want it, give me your e-mail address and I send you a mule this evening (when I am back from work)

About tuesday: 6 hours and 13 minutes before I can go home ;)

3. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Good morning everyone!

I am still sitting in school with nothing to do. Been desperately trying to trade for a crown of ages...seems like no one has them.

Oh well, hope to get some pit runs done tonight to stock up my mules a little.

-Backdoor Bandit

4. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Whoop!!! The comic is done!! All is set to go, and I take it to the post office today at lunch to ship it off. Hopefully Next-Day mail doesn't cost too much.

So to celebrate my freedom, I'm doing a big fat D2 marathon tonight. Oh yeah, baby. Haven't been able to seriously sit down and play it for several weeks. I think it's time I did.

Needless to say, I'm all psyched up about it. I'm gonna go cause some mischief around the office now. Peace.

~K_P

5. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

congrats!!! I have been following your comic progress for about 6 weeks now, and that is a huge project to finish. Might I recommend some of this :drink: and some of this :buddies: and some of this :sleep: followed by a ton of DiabloII. May all your drops be green and gold

6. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

Hello All,
    I am stuck out of town for the week, so no D2 for me. :grrr: This weekend though, I'm gonna try to play at least 48 hours or so. :lol: Hope everyone has a great day and I'll talk to ya'll later.

7. agrégatif

agrégatif IncGamers Member

I advanced in Hell with my Hammerdin from the council to Harrogath. Some troubles with Diablo until I realised his big pink lightning doesn't touch you when you're right next to him. I felt so foolish...
    I also wasn't able to handle the gloams in act four due to a lack of Wizardspike I presume (it still hasn't dropped despite all the bone knives I've seen)...
    Also did acouple of pitruns with the same guy and obtained fleshripper (the unique fanged knife).

8. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Hey agregatif, I'll trade you a wizspike for your fleshripper! No, that wouldn't really be fair would it. If you seriously need one post e-mail address and I'll get it to you tomorrow (maybe a t-gods too? although I only have 2 of these).

I screwed around with hammerdin getting him to Act3 Hell, but then going back and comparing pit runs to Tal Rasha's tomb. I don't think I'm gonna be patient enough for this because after 5 full clears of Tal's tomb, the only unique I got was a shako, from Duriel. After 5 pit clears I usually get 2-3 uniques. Plus a full Tal's clear takes 30 min, at least, and forget about having a merc past one ghost boss mob. Hopefully someone who has more patience can check out the drops in that place, because according to the ATMA V drop calculator they should be the bomb (I only had 250 MF, players8). Anyway, I finally got some goreriders and a Ko rune, lucky day. I almost have all I need for my post-thesis assassin or werewolf (can't decide).

9. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Good luck with the contest K_P, hope it all goes well!

No D2 of late due to real-life issues (specifically some ^*&^£^$*£ company who changed their mind about letting me do a final-year project with them - now about 1/3rd of my time has gone and I'm stuck with no project, and 2 weeks to find one before I go home for the spring holidays).

I have been playing NWN a lot too though, so that may explain some of the lack of D2 :)

Have a good day everyone!

(edit: *pokes at his Cloak of Invisibility...* hmm, looks like the forums got changed again. Nevermind, I'll just have to intimidate people in plain sight rather than mysteriously appearing from nowhere, posting and fading into the shadows once more)

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

It is 6.20 PM here but well, i haven't posted yet in this thread :teeth:

Good luck with your comic, KP! :thumbsup:

I just played my sniperzon with my brother, who has IK barb. We started at hell act 2 and now we are in Travincal, ready to kill high council. But thats tomorrow

I also gambled magic ammy with 25 teleport charges (my first ever) and that is just awesome item! I can do hell Baal run in ~7 mins now, and if merc gets the kill my MF is quite nice, 700+ :) I really hope that will help me, my grailing have been stuck for a long time now. It depends on MFO, but I need 25 more items for my grail. Not so long way to go anymore

11. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Last night I played my Hammerdin at Players4 through the Cain quest. I started off badly in Hell...so I didn't give him a fair chance. Now that I'm taking some time with him at a lower players setting, we're getting along quite nicely. I leveled twice in those couple of screens, which was unheard of in 1.09.

So, no uniques or sets, but I'm heading for the countess tonight. I'll start hitting the Pit later this week. My MF gear has me at about 450 on switch, so I may get some good stuff. We'll see.

12. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Since I made Pat with my Fishymancer, decided to try doing some MF runs today... Pindle being easiest to do, what with all those free Summons laying around when you first enter the garden, I started with him....I swear, does he EVER drop anything more than crappy rares? I'm playing on Players 5, done bout 50 runs today and I've got Sigon's Gage for my troubles.. my MF is just short of 400%, how do people get such great items from him?? Even tried the Pit a few dozen times, the only Unique I got there was while out getting my army outside the Rogue Encampment, a Unique Fallen droped me an Espandon. MF hates me! :rant:

On a more pleasent note.. I started my new HC MAsin, slowly working my way through act 1 without any major trouble, have to go fetch Cain next, hope all goes well.

Hope everyone else has a good day.

13. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Is it worth running Pindle on p5? do that on p1 always, he is SU and he drops 2 items no matter how high your players setting is. Also if you mean MFO drops, buster for example did 3000 (!) runs with ~500% MF to get those items. And I have found bunch of really nice items in Pit, but I have done near 2000 runs there (p8 and ~500% MF). Finding high-end items requires lots of persistence

14. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Congratulations on finishing your comic! Any thoughts on a special SPF issue for your forum friends, wink wink?

I had zero luck MFing last night, but I did work on my grail stash. If my calculations are remotely accurate, I still need 168 items. YIKES! :lol:

Dave

Edit: P.S. Xaviar, if you want to decrease your Pindle running time, don't worry about the baddies in the garden. Run straight into Pindle's room and wait for your merc and golem to kill one of his skeletons, and then start the corpse-explosion chain. Once Pindle gets to within a sliver of being dead, let your merc finish him off (if your merc has any MF gear). And as others mentioned, take him on on P1 only. If he still gives you bad items, I would try switching difficulties and resetting the map. That may be superstition, but it seems to work for me. Good luck! :uhhuh:

15. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

I'm leaving the Players X up abit for awhile for the XP its giving me, I'm not relateing to the MFO at all since I barely know anything about that, but I was rather suprised by absolutely nothing droping.. I guess I need to find more MF gear and have more patience, heh.

16. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

I got a little D2 time in last night. I just ran around with my Frenzy Barb. I tried my first P8 Baal run in Hell and survived. I got about 6m exp along the way. I'm about 1/3 of the way to lvl 91 (1.09). I smacked Pindle, Eldrich, Schenk and Meph a few times as well. No new finds of note, unfortunately.

17. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

It is not a superstition. It is a tested thing that if you kill monster in a exactly same spot over and over again, you will get same base item always (at last amost always). That depends on the map you have, different seeds have different placing of those spots. And imagine if you get a bunch of spots with tasty base items next to Pindle.... :drool:

Weird to see how daily thread is going OT :teeth:

18. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

There's no such thing as OT in the daily thread, since it's for the day's activities and any random stuff/discussion that arises from that.

Now if I were to mention haddock, that would be OT.

19. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Well, my Tuesday has me realizing that I need to study like mad for finals. That basically means that I won't be around here much in the next couple weeks. I was excited, though, to finally find this link on the D2 main page. :clap:

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=540

:drink: on me in the EMB.

edit: arr. i agree with Shade up there. i liked being invisible.

20. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Not much to report here, but i did manage a first today...i got my kicker assassin through act3 normal in like 1.5 hours, which is very fast for me. I've always taken more than a day cuz a3 is so annoying but she had no problems. Anyways thats all, she'll be tacklin a4 and maybe 5 by tomorrow.

-Pb