Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tuesday thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Mar 2, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Tuesday thread

Yup, already the second day of the week, time flies so it seems ^^

How is everybody doing in the MFO? hope to se some REALL sweet screenies during this week :lol: good luck to all of you :thumbsup:

i havnt played diablo yesterday cause i had to work over, but hell, tonight i can maybe convience my friend to move his *** from the computer and i can squeeze in a couple of hours of playing :teeth: Got my fireclaw bear through most off nightmare, standing in act 5 now, monday and god did he owned every critter untill now, 6K fireclaw on lvl 60... can't wait for his end-game weapon ^^

well, a good day to all off you, and may all your drops be gold and green

-robin

2. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

I was intending to kill Diablo and finish Normal with my Swordbarb last night, but instead I decided to explore Hell some with my Fishymancer. For once I left it on Players 1, I expected to have a hard time... I've got to the Outer Cloister waypoint thus far, without any real problems, one NDE against a bosspack of PI ghosts in the Crypt, until I realised they were PI and used my level 14 fireball on them from some the Trang Oul's armour and gloves :)

Corpse Explosion, even though its only level 6 after + Skills, is proving very useful, and the Pit even droped me a Unique :) Bloodletter, my second, I'm gonna equip both on my Swordbarb when he gets to level 30 so I can have whirlwind fun when I get bored of Concentrate.

I think I'll try running The Pit later, see what it throws up for me, and mabye the Countess too...

Have a good day everyone!

3. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Just today I realized the joys of HC untwinked. Working on a lowly hammerdin, I have made the following in just a short amount of time, all very good equipment:

Steel
    Flail
    'TirEl'
    One-Hand Damage: 4 to 31
    Durability: 24 of 30
    Required Dexterity: 35
    Required Strength: 41
    Required Level: 13
    Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 20
    Fingerprint: 0xe3c2f365
    +20% Enhanced Damage
    +50 to Attack Rating
    +3 to Minimum Damage
    +3 to Maximum Damage
    +1 to Light Radius
    25% Increased Attack Speed <------- WOW!
    150% Damage to Undead
    50% Chance of Open Wounds <------- WOW!
    +2 to Mana After Each Kill
    Socketed (2: 2 used)

And now my 2nd favorite runeword ever (behind lionheart)

Stealth
    Chain Mail
    'TalEth'
    Defense: 72
    Durability: 43 of 45
    Required Strength: 48
    Required Level: 17
    Fingerprint: 0x9cac4403
    +6 to Dexterity
    +15 to Maximum Stamina
    Regenerate Mana 15%
    Magic Damage Reduced by 3
    Poison Resist +30%
    25% Faster Run/Walk
    25% Faster Hit Recovery
    25% Faster Cast Rate

Nadir
    Full Helm
    'NefTir'
    Defense: 46
    Durability: 29 of 30
    Required Strength: 41
    Required Level: 13
    Fingerprint: 0x5666917a
    +5 to Strength
    +50% Enhanced Defense
    +10 Defense
    +30 Defense vs. Missile
    -33% Extra Gold from Monsters
    -3 to Light Radius
    +2 to Mana After Each Kill
    Level 13 Cloak of Shadows (6/9 Charges)

I realize that all of these are VERY simple to make, but they are so good for their level, especially in the items I have put them in. I know i'll use the armor until I get a vipermagi, and the weapon until i get a good caster weapon.

I was wondering if the HC players out there know/use these runewords. All were picked up in short order from running norm countess, and shopping in act 2 for the items.

Lets just hope he doesn't bite the dust anytime soon.

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Still stuck in school at the moment. I hope to get some serious pit runs done sometime this evening...can't wait. Have a great day everyone :thumbsup:

-Backdoor Bandit

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Well. I finally have some time to play again today, have been claimed by my girlfriend a few days because she came back from holidays :D

Already found a few decent items now like shaft and waterwalks, still hoping to find a herald and a skullders :lol:

Besides that not much going on of course cause in my life except of not being able to find a job, fraid it will stay that way till half april.. ah well.. more time to find all those nice items i still have to find

6. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Yep - I regularly use Steel, Stealth and Leaf (if I'm a Sorc), and even Malice if I can get some Life Replenish to counter the drain on it. I don't use Nadir because the charges on it, while useful, are also expensive, and -33% Gold doesn't help matters.

Played some more Shadows of Undrentide yesterday, and managed to finish it :clap: - now all I have to do is get a computer that can run the game without slowing down if anything more complex than a chicken is on-screen...

Have a good day!

7. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

Well I haven't posted here for a while, so this is as good an oppurtunity as any to keep everybody posted on my 7/99 Quest in 1.09. There is some easy-going rivalry between me and Icebird which keeps me motivated.

The list looks like this ATM:

Growler - Druid 99
    Aragorn - Paladin 96
    Ãrpád - Barbarian 95
    Armella - Amazon 86
    Sky - Sorceress 71
    Kyu - Assassin 56
    Knucklebones - Necromancer 55

Since my last update both Aragorn and Ãrpád gained 2 levels and the other 4 gained about 60 levels in total. Sky has had the fastest gain on any of my characters ever, when she reached level 30 and gained FO she swept through anything in her path at players 8. Old news to most of you, but this was my first Sorceress, so bear with me. Kyu and Knucklebones, who were both created before Sky by the way, are still in NM and they are the main focus for levelling in the near future. Levelling with the 90+ characters is slow business and most of their XP running is done in MP Hell Cow runs with a group of regulars.
    MF wise life has been quite succesfull the last few weeks, a GUL and IST rune both dropped by random bosses in the Ancient's Way. Lightsabre and Black Oak's dropped there as well and Snapchip Shatter dropped an Arkaine's Valor in an MP game with Icebird.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

8. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

I played about 30 minutes of D2 last night, and decided to run the Pit with Nadia, my Vega sorcy. Went surprisingly well, and even my merc survived. After slaughtering the minions, I waltzed around checking out the treasure, and lo and behold I found my first Bone Visage. Not bad at all.

Last night I rented Ringu and watched it. After seeing the American remake and reading the book, I must say that Sadako was much scarier in this movie. She's got "the walk". Those of you who've seen it know what I mean. Creepiness abounds. The rest of the movie was so-so, but then again I'm picky when it comes to horror flicks.

Tonight it's more comic mayhem. Peace.

~K_P

9. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

I acutally just found me a set item Sacred Armor, with my necro :|

A good find I suppose, too bad I have no use for it.. :S

:wave:

10. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

well if u need a place to dump it :innocent:

11. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Hey all,

MF'd with Bob the Hammerdin some more, and have agreed that once I hit level 25, I'm moving on to kill Andariel. Haven't found anything truely useful in a few days and killing Blood Raven and Bane Ash gets boring after a while.

Started a Wind Druid, Cyclonus, last night, got him to level 6. First one who guesses where the name is from could possibly win a nice new shiny Gull dagger. I'm up to 4 for 1.10 sc, 2 plain, 2 eth, so I might as well give one away. I won't check this thread again 'til tomorrow, and hopefully my modem will work again. If not, the winner will have to wait until it is, or until I've replaced it.

Good luck to all,
    ~Jay

12. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

took yesterday off from D2 after killing Meph on Normal with my WW Barb. tonight, once I get home from work, I hope to go through Act 4 as it's been taking me 2 sessions an act, and Hell is smaller than the others. I hope he's ready for the Big D. level 32, some good twinked equipment but I'm still pretty unskilled with the WW skill and not sure how to best utilize it. Make me want to go back to my lvl 74 MA 'sin just so I can kill NM Baal and find some decent stuff.