Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tuesday daily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sir Lister of Smeg, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg Diabloii.Net Member

Tuesday daily

Since none of the Aussies seems to have started it yet, I'll start the daily.

I did some Mephisto runs with Meteorb, and found Flamebellow.

Took Javazon through act IV after having taken her through act III yesterday or the day before, when the forum was offline. In act III she suffered her first deaths, one by rushing in without casting a decoy (I was too much inspired by the speedrun) and finding a number off flayer bosspacks one with manaburn in a chamber in the Flayer Dungeon. Needless to say I continued much more cautiously afterwards, but died again in the sewers from too many dying undead soul killers at once. The rest of act III was uneventful, with the most notable being me not trying to collect all the waypoints, will probably go back for that if I'm not yet level 75 after clearing the cow level on nightmare once.
    Act IV started uneventful but found Javazon often running out of mana, the Plains and the City were however gloam infested, needless to say that Thundergod's was quite nice, especially since her resists were only 22. Izual seemed to be taken down slightly faster than in normal difficulty, the Hellforge gave a Shael, iirc one of the worse drops on nightmare, but since this is one the most useful runes I was not disappointed at all, she did find another shael and a dol btw. After finding the River Of Flame waypoint, I exited to give her some good gear for against Diablo, I wanted her to have max fire and lightning resists and absorb in both. After clearing the Chaos Sanctuary, but before opening the last seal I did put the gear on her, Rockstopper instead of Valkyrie Wing, Laying Of Hands replacing Ghoulhide, and rare light plated boots with 39% lightning resistance for Cow King's Hooves. I forgot however to also switch the Nagelring for a Dwarf Star. Nevertheless, the battle went fast and save, although not for Azrael the merc who died in the first seconds, after that, Diablo seemed to prefer attacking Javazon over the valk, who did not need recasting at all. Again, Javazon stood a bit far, and thus got the full brunt of lightning, but that did not seem to damage her at all, the combination of 85% resistance and 15 absorbtion was probably to blame for that, the fire was in spite of lacking absorb, hardly noticable, wereas the cold attack was a complete failure because of the rhyme shield in use. Diablo did however manage to take sizable chunks out of the red orb by using a melee attack, Javazon leached that back very fast however so did not get into any danger. Her lack of mana leach did however mean that while jabbing Diablo she had to use one blue potion.
    Javazon's status is now interesting, she is level 66, but has 150 spare stat points, and 28 spare skill points, of the latter, 19 are reserved for maxing plague javelin, but I'm not in a hurry as long as I don't encounter lightning immune normal monsters, bosses are taken down quickly enough with the fire and physical damage from the ethereal Grim's Burning Dead Azrael is using combined with the valk and Witchwild String, and of course Azrael's might aura.

2. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

that's a big daily post :eek:

got my fire dr00d to slayer this morning.
    and might try to finish NM with my 1.07 sorc tonight.

also got my MFO chars planned out.

3. Jake_b74

Jake_b74 Diabloii.Net Member

still monday here, but i got my assassin from act 1 normal to act 5 normal yesterday, went threw on p8 finsihed A1 at 19, A2 at 25 A3 at 30 A4 at 33 and today i finished A5 at 47, highest levels i have ever finished any acts on.

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

I'm going to get another Meph map. I was passing out last night and mistakenly clicked on NM instead of Hell thus toasting up map seed. Oh well.

I'm also going to try to Pat my Wind druid too. Only a couple of Natural skillers and no Enigma/HoTO so the killing power will be reduced. Don't think P8 is going to be possible (it's my own method of judging a char's strength) but p1-3 should be alright. Kinda fun spamming tornadoes everywhere.

Have a great day everyone.

5. Cormallon

Cormallon Diabloii.Net Member

This tuesday I'm looking forward to a day of test automation and performance monitoring.

Last evening I did two more RoF runs, I'm at #20 now. Nothing great dropped, though. Then an hour of questing with my HC trapsin, rescued Cain in NM. I have to find that guide again... but on the other hand, who needs a guide. After a while you get to know how to place skill points for synergies. What remains is to decide which skill you want to use, and for the trapsin that decision is long done (lightning traps, and that blade thingie for LIs). So I guess I'll just pump synergies for the next 20 or so levels. I went with a barb merc, just to try that. He's a bit fragile... but we'll see how that turns out later.

6. phatbrava

phatbrava Diabloii.Net Member

im having some great time playing my first ever blizz sorc
    she's in hell act II doing ancient tunnels runs ATM
    she rocks in this area!!!
    it takes her 3-4 minutes on p3 to do a full clear. also she has a perfect circular map in the tunnels
    no great finds by now...a blue hydra bow dropped, 2 green dusk shrouds, some other green useless stuff, a Pul and a Lem

7. asdfgah

asdfgah Diabloii.Net Site Pal

This thursday is a good day for me to claim my revenge upon hell meph for dropping me an eth zaka yesterday :p

Gonna play a bit with my fishy in act 3 hell aswell.

Have a nice day everyone! now I'm off for my lunch :)

8. DurfBarian

DurfBarian Diabloii.Net Member

I killed another HC character. <-- shocking news
    It was a spear-wielding barb. Duriel ate him. The combination of that worm's freeze aura and the a m a z i n g l y s l o w pike I was wielding at the time did me in.

In other news, I'm going through about 50-60 applications for a translator position at my company. There are some interesting resumes in the bunch . . . Some from people who don't bother to spell things right and use proper grammar (yeah, that'll make me hire you as a language professional), a few from people who don't really know any Japanese (!), and one from a guy who refuses to tell me his name. He just has a one-word nickname in his mail, on his resume, and on the website listed there.

Just a few things for you folks to avoid doing if you ever apply for a job with me, and/or taking on Normal Durial in hardcore. :teeth:

9. corax

ah good ole classic resume's

10. Schmaleop

Schmaleop Diabloii.Net Member

Well as i'm new i might as well post my conquests and join the forum regulars :)
    Last night i did a few Baal runs on normal to hit level 50 and try and get some better equipment for my first SP character. Got 2 Sigon's armours in 2 runs which was quite odd :? As i was wearing one though i will probably give them to my Skellimancer and Trap assassin who are low level currently.

Started NM this morning and Uniques are dropping at a right old rate and building up my stash slowly but surely. Done all quests upto Countess currently and found Unique war hammer, giant axe, Magefist gauntlets, Iratha glovesand a 70ar/30%mf nagel (not bad for my first one). Quite happy with those drops really, although Countess only gave me 2 El's and a Nef rune :( Was hoping for an Amn rune so i can make an 'Honor' sword, currently my WW barb is wielding a Zakarum Hand scepter and a rare gladius (odd combo i think you'll agree) for mana leech.

Thats all currently :)

11. corax

there's a good newbie...with 400 posts :eek: odd. i suppose fbob is still a n00b and he has 7k posts.

it only takes a handful of countess runs on p1(for better rune odds) to get an amn. so go for it i say.

12. asdfgah

Those nagel stats are very good for any nagel my best (and first and only ATM since i started SP a few weeks ago) is 23% :D. and just run countess a few more times and you should get an amn rune soon. What item are you planning to put the Honor runeword in?

-Asdfgah

13. Schmaleop

Schmaleop Diabloii.Net Member

@corax: I used to frequent the EU Trade forum when i played Bnet. I lost a good year of my life to D2 then. I also vaguely recognise your name aswell i think.

@asdfgah: I'm thinking of putting the Honor runeword in a ZweiHander when i advance in NM a bit. Won't wait for an elite sword as i should be able to make a better runeword by then. Yes, i too was surprised about the Nagel, being mky first SP one. I thought it was perfect at first :| so went straight to perfect grail thread to check, shame i'm 5 ar off :)

Thanks to both for info on countess, i kinda knew i'd get something better with a few runs, but i'll leave that for the evening i think.

14. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

OT - can anyone translate this to english for me?

Its for an online game (utopia) but evidently this guy doesn't know english and I don't understand him.

on topic, been a while since I played D2 real life has been getting in the way alot. I refitted my summon only necro and my passive amazon and will be running them to the end of nightmare shortly. then its back to the magi_barb project I need to get another 4 clvls before I will be able to use my summons I was able to get a crescant moon runeword into a single handed axe and will be using it with wolfhowl for a few nice summons to help out with the extra bonus from the warcries they should make for good tanks.

That's the last Um rune I have found, I guess I will have to look hard for another one in order to make some other rune words later on :D oh well back to the show.

15. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

Not even sure what language/dialect that is.

Scandinavian? Germanic of sorts?

16. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure either but I don't know anything really in german but the words look germantic in nature to me, I thought maybe some one here would recongnize it atleast.

17. corax

roughly he needs you to help him smuggle his 1500 elite german shock troops over the border so they can all plant their 40dpa charges in France and then call for help so lots of french n00bs will come running and get blown up.

more accurately....i have no idea

18. asdfgah

Yeah damn real life! keeps on getting in the way ;)

(only a joke, for those who don't understand, don't want people to the wrong message here :p)

19. Cormallon

Cormallon Diabloii.Net Member

Definitely not german, but I guess he's from netherlands somewhere. I understand about 75% of it.

20. robdylan

robdylan Diabloii.Net Member

Dutch, or maybe Flemish, would be my guess. Looks really similar to Afrikaans, which some folk speak here. "lekker" is an Afrikaans word meaning great, or nice.

"...en met die 1500 elites en nog geeneens 40dpa ben ik vet suicidel"

With 1500 elites, and yet not one with 40dpa (whatever that means) I'm completely suicidal (fed up)...

The whole thing makes very little sense. I guess there's a lot of game-specific terminology in there, as well as some bastardised English.