Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tuesday <_< >_>

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Couvi, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

Tuesday <_< >_>

Just when you think you know all the answers to who starts these daily threads I come out of the blue and swoop one for my own. Well tis Tuesday up here in Canada so post away.

Not too much D2 related but I have leveled my wind druid, Maximus, to lvl 57 and will contiue to do so until he is lvl 60 before I enter Act IV NM. Not many good finds except some junky rares here and there but wait until the pit feels the wrath of my winds in hell. :evil:

2. Metelgear

Metelgear IncGamers Member

Calis the Hunter remains in act 4 normal, while TZ-Lite the trap assassin finishes most of act 1 normal. Both heroes await the return of their master, who is currently working on a painstakingly long and probably unecessary science project. Actually, I am supposed to be working on it now, but I can't because of my friend procrastination. :grrr:

Regards,
    -Metelgear :winner:

3. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Tuesday? What Tuesday? I see no Tuesday! It's still light out here for chrissake!

Tuesday or not, I'm in the process of endless and fruitless Pit runs with Emma, my level ** MeteOrb Sorceress. I'm hoping for M'avina's True Sight and a M'avina's Caster for a new Amazon I want to build. I have little time for Diablo2 these days, and that little time will turn to no time very soon. Until then, I will procrastinate my school work for as long as I can, and hopefully find a few items worth keeping in the Pit.

On a similar note, I recently came by an Ist rune in trade (thank you Lethal Warrior), and I would like suggestions on its placement. I am currently using a Gull as my MF weapon. I was thinking about putting that Ist into a Blade of Ali Baba, but that would mean using some saved stat points to meet the Dexterity requirement. Would I be better to just put the Ist into the Gull, since I am unlikely to come across another?

I also invite you to post your opinion in my thread titled "I want to cheat!" The more feedback we get in that thread, the better we can serve everyone in the forum with regard to uncomfortable questions about illegal things.

4. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Pindle runs. Lots and lots of Pindle runs. And the (expletive deleted) mother (expletive deleted)ing (expletive deleted) keeps spawning with either Cursed or Fanaticism on top of his usual FE and Extra Strong! :rant: Needless to say, I died quite a few times. A couple of almost decent rares, a couple of exceptional uniques I already had, reinforced mace, and my second balrog blade to show for it all isn't really an even trade-off. :(

I'm thinking about giving up on melee characters for a while. I love them, but they're just too gear-dependent for me to keep up with right now, even with the generosity of several SPFers in giving me mid-level gear. The end result is just a lot of frustration. An MF Bonemancer or a pure lightning javazon might be my only options at this point (I tried and just cannot enjoy my MeteOrb, I refuse to play a hammerdin, and skeletal minions aren't my style), at least for a while. If I don't enjoy him/her/them while looking for gear for my preferred melee characters, I may have to give up on D2 altogether and move on to Sacred. :(

5. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

There has been no Diablo for me today. I have been busy with college and homework. :)

My fast pace java class should be interesting. It keeps me on my toes. Since I already know C++ very well, it should keep me from getting bored. :D

However my other class has not been that enjoyable. It is communication network class. I guess it could be interesting, but it does not really hit my buttons. Hopefully, it will get more appealing and seem more useful as it moves forward to completion.

I also need to call CTI to get my broken computer repaired again when they sent me back a faulty laptop. :grrr:

6. esd

esd IncGamers Member

Did Hell Meph runs for a few hours. Got some decent stuff too: Stormshield, Shaftstop, Titans Revenge, Trang-Oul's Wing. This week is my spring break - that equals lots and lots of D2. :clap:

7. Freekje

Freekje IncGamers Member

Also no Diabloïng yet for me today, also busy attending college and studying about ear infections and throat infections. Tonight i hope to find an IK Maul, because i planned to create a Maul-barb...

8. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Well another day has come to an end.

I didn't get as much completed in my D2 gaming today that I wanted to.

Although I was able to finally sort out my two seperate ATMA stashes - which has allowed me to deck out 1.5 characters (1 to what I want and the other to almost what I want).

No great finds yet, although I did manage to find Snowclash which is great as I am planning on starting a Cold Sorc as soon as I Mat Tempest and get Steelstorm and Thor to at least early Hell.

Then I have plans for a Skellimancer, Poisonmancer, Wind Druid....the list doesn't stop.

+I would like a windforce before I die.

G'night all

9. chiam_ace

chiam_ace IncGamers Member

School just got off, and I went cutting my hair :)

No idea of what I'm gonna do on D2 tonight....just patted my Hammerdin and did WSK runs last night, so maybe I'll keep running Pindle while waiting for some MP games to continue my lvl81 avenger on act3 Hell questing.

Maybe a new char? I cant think of any...

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

:wave:

Hmm...im tempted to try some rune runs in Tal's Tombs with my bowazon. At first I thought it will be near impossible due to all mummies reviving skellies and such over and over again but I just realized I have Nature's Peace (which I gambled) in my ATMA stash. The sniperzon if mine is the only char I would use for runeruns. On p8 barb/zealot/skellymancer/werewolf are too slow. I could use my hammerdin but im sure I will meet a pack of FE beetles :scared: Dying is not fun with lvl 94 char

I have a question too: How good pure lightning sorc is? How much she can wear MF and be able to kill anything? Or should I make pure lightning javazon? I have Griffon's Eye and atm I don't have any use for it.

11. Milamber

Milamber Banned

An amendment to my Daily notification:

I just finished my last Pit run and found Aldur's Deception (Shadow Plate)

12. D2Addict

D2Addict IncGamers Member

Good day all. I hosted the final of our The Chosen MP group last night. Shade, Gohanman and I finally finished are untweaked 1.09 characters. I found a July 2003 date on mine so it has been a while. A lot of it was due to people droppin, redoing parts and things like that. I will make a separate post later so you can all see our uber equipment.

I also hosted some cows last night. We had a pretty good attendance with King's Spectre, Jbbto, Gohanman, Boddah Khan and I.

Have a good day all!

13. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Congrats on finishing The Chosen group D2A :)

I haven't played much D2 for ages it seems. Been too busy browsing the forums and keeping and eye on my BitTorrents (cracked 4.82mb/s tonight :surprise: )

Last friday night I took my HC fishymancer up to level 64 and Act 4 NM.

Got my motorbike license last week - now I just have to find the best part of AU$5000 to buy a 250cc and all the safety gear to go with it. I think I'll probably sell my car (copping a big lease shortfall on the chin) and buy a really cheap second hand car for when I really need one, but mostly ride a bike.

Getting pretty sick of my current job. Had an informal 'interview' over a pint of Stella last night with the company that one of my uni mates works at. Would have to take a bit of a pay cut to make that change, but I'm thinking seriously about it at the moment.

I'm off camping this weekend with a whole bunch (probably 50-60) of young adults from my new church. Should be a great opportunity to get to know a few people and just generally chill out up in the country (going to Mt Buffalo - near Bright, VIC for those Aussies who know where that is)

14. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Hiya, D2A! Long time no see!

No D2 for me yesterday. This freakin' Real Life game is taking up all my time lately. Yesterday I had to complete the "Go get groceries" quest, which was annoying all by itself. Then the "laundry" meter was low, so I had to wash a bunch. So many things to juggle...

~K_P

15. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

@ TrenShadow: I totally understand contemplating taking a pay cut to get into a job you might like more. It really is an agonizing decision when you're fed up with a job but still need to pay the bills. :( I hope that whichever you decide upon works out. :thumbsup:

16. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Morning all,

Congratulations on completing your Chosen character D2A. Seems like its been a long time you've been working on that character. Are you still planning to take a break from D2? As I recall, that was one of your last "projects" in the game.

Tren: Sounds like a fun trip. Hope the weather is good.

Milamber: Didn't you have a Windforce and give it to Thrugg when you took a break from the game?

LprMan: Pure lightning sorc could be frustating against LI monsters. I have a lightning only javazon, and I tend to run from LIs a lot.

Okay what have I been up to?

Last night the Optimist MP group completed Act II Hell, and reached the Flayer Jungle WP in Act III. We're tricked out Ladder characters, and everyone in the group is an archer - druid, barb, paladin, sorc and assassin. My assassin Tialys is basically an Enchant Delivery Mechanism. I'm using the Demon Machine plus Razortail combo. Combined with high level Enchant from the sorc it tears through non-FIs. Fire Immunes I leave for the rest of the party. I also help out the group with my Shadow Warrior, who is an almost indestructible tank with Oak Sage and Battle Orders. Plus I cast Cloak of Shadows a lot.

I also squeezed in a little playing time on my hammerdin before work - now in at the Crystalline Passage in Act 5 Normal.

Chris

17. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

G'day all

I was pleased to wake up and find that UConn won the NCAA Championship. I'm a big fan of Emeka Okafur.

In true K_P fashion, I'm almost done with my first year of university quest. Last final is thursday :clap: I've got one later today, but I'm not all that worried.

Also, a friend from high school will probably be coming down to visit on thursday. Looking forward to that.

18. D2Addict

D2Addict IncGamers Member

Tren - Thanks! :) I would consider the job change if you are getting tired of where you are at. At this time I am at the same point and willing to go down a little just to move on to something else.

Kung poo - Thanks & Good to 'see' everyone again!

Icebird - Yeah we started long ago and most dropped out. The 3 of us made it thru though. I have been playing less lately. Spring is finally coming here and things to do. Probably some MP games for a bit longer first.

19. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

I did a brief round of Meph running with my Hammerdin last night. I only squeezed about 4 or 5 in now that my map has me unavoidably running into Bremm and his minions. At Players3, though, he's barely a flyspec on the windshield as I speed toward Mephisto. Wyand's room seems to perpetually fill to the point of explosion with Champion and Unique Blood Lords (vamps, of course, not bulls :p)

But, I found my first DJinn Slayer Ataghan, SpellSteel Bearded Axe and Sandstorm Trek Scarabshell Boots--that was nice. Also found a Toothrow and Gerke's Sanctuary.

I was a little unimpressed by the stats on the Sandstorm Treks--they're nice, but not what i'd expect from an elite unique. I was also confused by the Spellstell. Does anyone use that? How do you keep it repaired after using those charges? $$$$ Very cool, though, in theory.

I also finished up my drawing last night. Turned out well. I'll try to scan it at work today, though I'm not sure I'll have the time. We'll see. When it's ready, I'll post it so you guys can see it.

20. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

After some furious grading and covering the lab lecture from a flu-ridden coordinator, I made it home for a few Pindle/Countess runs with my Vega Sorc. I found runes up to Shael, and I've been saving everything up to Tir and cubing the ones that don't need gems. I got some great drops (for me) of some items I was missing since I don't like ad nauseum Meph runs. I found my first Skulders and Nosferatu's Coil, and some other exceptionals and normals I had...toss another Kraken Shell on the pile. I'm gonna run the countess until I go blue in the face as I have a really nice map, 3 tps between floors 1-3, 4 is long but there are 3 boss packs in the way (drops!) and then 5 is, well, just 5.