Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tuesdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sirpoopsalot, Nov 7, 2006.

1. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Tuesdaily

RL: ~1:00 a.m. and my alarm's set to go off in about 4.5 hours. Nothing fun or exciting that's making me get up early though - it's just work. Ever since the time changed 9 days ago it gets dark early, and there doesn't appear to be a single person in the state of Colorado that's capable of driving after dark. I've gotten home from work at about 8:00 p.m. each night because of traffic.

That's too late, so I'm going to try switching my schedule to an early-riser. The problem is that I'm a night-person, and always have been. The only way I can maintain a day-schedule is to get lots of exercise, but I've found that difficult lately, (i.e. broken foot sucks).

No other significant news in RL, I guess. Kindof sad actually, when my life revolves around work. Somebody tell me a happy story, so I don't have to think about work :wink3:.

D2: I haven't felt like playing much lately. Once the Sur auction is complete I may take a break altogether for a couple/few of weeks (except for Skunkbelly's tourney). It's hard to say though - I have so many projects in the works that sometimes it's pretty easy to get wrapped up in something for a few days at a time.

have fun
    everyone

2. IronCrown

IronCrown IncGamers Member

No, no happy stories. My life always seem to end up turning around work.

RL- work, always work. Especially hectic day. Moved into a new building yesterday and today everybody seem to be pretty useless and non-commitend. The couple of things I have to get done today seems more like getting finished by the end of the week.(If everybody would just work together!!!)

D2- Playing my frost zealot. He is still great fun and stormed past the NM ancients last night at p8 without losing his stride, even though they spawned with stone skin, stone skin & physical immune, and mana burn. Planning on finishing NM and trying out hell tonight.
    Still running Andy to try and get a SoJ and Tals ammy. No luck so far, although I only do about 50 runs a day and are around the 250 mark atm, but I'm hoping for the best.

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone!!

3. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

No happy stories here either, seems all I'm doing these days is working, looking for an apartment, and playing D2... <cries>

RL: Day off today, went to see an apartment today, but the current renter was sick and stayed home from work, so the landlord couldn't let me in (obviously). But she said she'd call me later today or thursday to try again, and went over features and things. Seems like a nice place, but we'll see. Laundry and other chores for later on today.

D2: Haven't played in a couple of days, JerryLeeLewis is still at the outer cloister in NM, I'm thinking about finishing up act 1 with him then taking a break from him. As fun as he is, I've always preferred melee over casters, and I've been playing this one nonstop (aside from that little pindle break). So a break is always good.

Ah well, I've got to go eat something. The hunger. THE HUNGER!
    ~MM

4. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

lol today seems to be a poor day for everyone including me

rl: iv got a cold/flu thing which means im always realy sleepy. been doing WAAAAAAy to much self examernation latly that instead of helping me feel better bout myself its doing the opersit. i hate having that what if feeling in the back my head constantly but oh well.

D2: just doing some random boss runs, (andy and pindle mainly) as well as lk to help get funds for my future pvp builds

5. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

RL: Lots of school work to do! Spanish presentation, Export Marketing presentation, case studies, assignments, homework, chapters to read, eeeeeepppp~! Christmas shopping is aproaching too!

D2: Got my mf sorc to Hell Andy last night and ran her for ~1 hour, I found Seraph's Hymn, and Tal's mask so far. All I want to do is PLAY! TehDexAZon, Skunk's UT character, my Ranger Pally, my Thrower Barb, they are all wasting away while I do school work, sleep, and keep my gf happy.

Nope, sorry. No over happy stories from me today either.

-hps

6. Deaddave

@hp whats your general set up back up attack on your ranger gona be???

7. Hp_Sauce

First I should note that he's only level 25. However, my plan is.

20 Holy Shock (main attack)
    20 Holy Freeze (Back up for LI's)
    20 Cold Resist (Synergy)
    20 Lightning Resist (Synergy)
    5 in Blessed aim (for the passive increase to AR)
    1 in Vigor (because I like to go fast)
    then the rest in Salvation (Synergy to Holy Shock, and Holy Freeze)

Currently my weapon of choice is the Rogues Bow due to its fastness, it does very little damage but I don't think thats going to be important to this build. So I was sort of planning on this bow being my end game bow.

The only 2 other things that I'm fairly certain I'm going to be using are Angelic's ammy and ring.

Other then that I'll be concentrating on a bit more IAS to reach the next breakpoint (can't remember the numbers right now, but I think it's reachable), and resists.

-hps

8. Deaddave

kool im off down the holy fire/freeze root with mine. you might want to cheak out wizendraw bow for your cold attack (i think thats the 1 its the bow with -25-35% enermy cold res. and i never knew blessed aim gives ar bonus how much is it per point??

9. Hp_Sauce

Wizendraw is the bow with -15-35% Cold Resist. It's slower but I will probably use it in the end. Currently my stash lacks one, but at this rate I will probably have found one before my Ranger is guardianed.

Also, I checked the IAS numbers, and apparently the second last breakpoint (10 FPA) needs 52 IAS. So apparently with the Rogues bow you only need another 2 IAS!

-hps

10. Deaddave

hmm that is kool, that leaves alot of gear slots which would normaly have to leave to focus on ias, even gold wrap would get you that break point

(i think this is one of the best hijacks in a while lol we seem to have turned this into our own private ranger development thread lol)

11. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Hello hello, what's all this then?

</british humour>

RL: Just found out that my M$ Excel exam has the possibility of being rescheduled *crosses fingers*. THat will be excellent if it is.

D2: Been doing normal baal runs with my (almighty) wind druid. That and helping a buddy rush a sorceress to baal. Got some interesting rares. I'll post in the item find thread

Ranger: How much is the passive bonus to AR? I never knew blessed aim did that. My Ranger-Din is going to use harmony runeword bow (I think that's the one with big elemental damage) and conviction. I git the vigor aura, get big elemental damage, don't have to worry about AR, as the enemie's defense is shot to pieces, and I can attack from a distance. Sweet!

How much damage does a resist lightning synergised holy shock add to your attack?

12. Hp_Sauce

lol! You do seem to be onto something there. Maybe our excitement about a build has scared everyone away from this otherwise depressing thread?

Anyway, I just realized I never answered your question about the passive bonus from Blessed Aim. It's 5% of your AR per level when the aura is not active. Or at least thats what is says here.

-hps

13. LacertaCK

LacertaCK IncGamers Member

Is there something in the air? The water? Is it a full moon?

RL: Ever have one of those days when everything you touch turns to ****? (replace with explitive of your choice)

I have hopes that tomorrow will be better (because if it is worse, I'll just crawl back into bed and cry like a little girl)

D2: Need to do a few more Baal runs on my 3 monsters Sorc before I venture into hell. I'm expecting to not live very long from that moment, so then I will be starting back up on my SPUMF character (who got abandoned in Act3 Normal)

14. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

RL: Work was really slow today *Phew*

D2: Worked on my Fury/Fireclaws Wolf today. Got him to NM HF... Dropped a Lem for me... Could've been worse... He's currently awaiting his "Pain Stick" (ie, Ribcracker) but it hasn't fallen for him yet... He's using Craint Vemoir (sp?) and loving it... 10% DR, 50ish-118ish Dmg IIRC, 50% IAS... It's working quite well... When NM Baal is dead, I will run Meph for a few lvls (in hopes for a Ribbie) before going to Hell... He's using 'Gloom', Jalal's, The Cat's Eye, Gore Rider, Rare LL, IAS, +AR Gloves (Laying of Hands soon), Ravenfrost, Rare +AR, LL, FRes Ring, String of Ears, and Craint Vemoir.

Aerwynd

15. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Good luck on that Druid, Aerwynd!

I think I'm one of the select few who can spell your name without looking at it first! :thumbsup:

I'm going to start up a fury/rabies druid now. I've got some good gear lined up for him. I've also got a ribcracker you can have, it is 1.11 SC Vanilla, PM me if you are interested. 260% ED if I recall correctly.

Catch ya later

-SoK

16. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

It would be a LIFESAVER!!!

Do you want anything for it?

[email protected]

Yeah, Aerwynd is a weird name... When I was big into Windy Druids, that was that name of mine... I still have to remake him...

17. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Check your inbox. :thumbsup:

18. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

:shocked: A Ribbie showed up at my doorstep!!!

LoL, thx Neumein!!!

Stash received...

Aerwynd....