Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tuesdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cormallon, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

Tuesdaily

I just have a break from my work on database modelling and looked for the daily... none to be found. Therefore I create one.

Yesterday I accidently proved to myself that a fishy can manage A4 Hell at P8. Accidently because I was playing my blizz-sorc-to-be in A1 normal and then switched to RoF runs with the fishy and forgot to revert the player setting. Kinda noobish, hehe. I wondered why it took that long to take down those pit lords and corpse eaters and my merc died two times. When I recognized what I had done (better: NOT done), I didn't reload, I now wanted to kill these packs. It took some time (and money for the resurrection), but it is possible as I managed to learn.

2. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

Long day of work for me today.

Yesterday I got Skullders of meph, what a great find :D

Nothing more. I'm just planning my next possible chars. For the moment I'm looking for some more gear to complete any build.

Maybe I'll do a poll to see what do you think I should build next :p

@Cormallon funny, did you notice the drops enhacement?

3. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

due to going from very stressed to no stress at all im sleepy now. So i might catch some ZZZ later. Then i probebly visist meph for a hour or so. Doing more wsk+baal runs are also likely.

4. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

Another 100 Pindleruns done this morning. A unique Scourge dropped... :confused: :mad: BAH! I'm never lucky.

Will do the 200 remaining runs to 1000 when I get home tonight and probably Baal runs later tonight aswell. Rugruth, you will come :D

5. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

Last night I had the weirdest of the lucks - in one hour or less, a Wisp projector from Pindle - or was it Eldricht? - and a Metalgrid and a perfect BK ring from Meph. 3 jewelry checked in my grail. Nothing else worth mentioning.

Also, my wolf barb got to act 5 and reached level 35. He is using WW with dual Bloodletter swords. It is really strange not spending points in combat skills until level 79, when Wolfhowl finally kicks in. He already has 1000 life.

IRL, nothing new at the front. I've been playing some different games as well, like SW Battlefront and NFSU 2.

Good day to you all, and may your drops be lime and burlywood!

6. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

Is that a question or not?

If its a question the answer is yes ... if not the answer is yes too :D

I wanna get to 90 to have a good chance to get +2 ammy from crafting/gambling, and show you my new uber-godly-1337 itamz!! :p

7. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

i stand ready to be covered in hot tar here but.. you can gamble a +2 skills amulets way before clvl90, i have had one i gambled on my druid for ages, certainly since he was in his mid 80's. and.. i think you have to be clvl92 to craft a +2 skills amulet.. dune.

8. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

I meant a good chance

You can craft a +2 ammy once you are 82, with a lvl 98 ammy, it is:

0.5clv + 0.5ilvl = 41 + 49 = 90

And you can gamble with pretty good odds a lvl 90 ammy being lvl90 so it is 45+45 = 90 too.

I think that once you are 92 its assured the gambled ammy you get from vendors is +2 capable(if you craft it).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I haven't started crafting yet, but, shouldl be considered cheating (or cheesy) checking ammy ilvl with ATMA before crafting???

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I broke 2400 poison damage :clap: with my magi_barb last night after some heavy trading. I hope to achieve 3000 poison damage before I finish Hell.

On a side note I created a build for maximizing the shadow Warrior with an assassin to cast 11k fireblast. no one has said anything about it in the assassin forum yet, but such is life. another wacky build that only really works in Bnet where the economy is so much easier to get duped items in :).

I hope to be able to get some play time with my builds in the next few days I don't know though.

oh and last night my wife got a new car. :uhhuh:

10. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

i am happy to take your word for those details. you probably know more than i do about it.
    i use my clvl92 sorc for gambling then crafting amulets. have had some luck with +2 skills.
    as for atma, i dont think it could be considered cheesy or cheating to check that you are not wasting your time (and gems/runes/jewels) by attempting too low an ilvl item.
    i usually give my sorc a few gems/runes/jewels then make a game and gamble for the base type i want.

11. Shakes

Shakes IncGamers Member

Got my sorc through act 1 nightmare. It's funny how things turn around. At first sorcs are boring because all you can do is sit and watch the merc kill. Then you level up frozen orb and it's boring because it's too easy. Eventually hell sorts it all out.

I think the game is trying to tell me this girl is made for magic finding. Doing act 5 normal yesterday a goldwrap drops for me. Today while entering the cathedral ali baba dropped. This was the first tulwar thios character had even seen, and it's unique. Oh well, I wont complain, especially since my dex I've been raising for blocking purposes already lets me hold it on the switch.

The sooner I can get to meph the sooner I can test this theory. ;)

12. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

Still no d2 for me today. I havn't heard from the place that is supposed to be repairing my comp yet.

Well that's it for me, happy d2ing all.

13. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

There was a nice surprise waiting for me in my e-mail today, factory had sent me a Stormlash (the joy of winning the MFO :p). As I have found one of them myself, I think I will start building dual-Lash frenzybarb soon :D

In RL, not much has happened to me. My brother and his GF were in a car accident today. They both are alright, but the car is destroyed quite badly

14. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Hmm, let's see here...

My orthodontist gifted me with a mouth full of metal this morning, to start the glorious 3 year plan of not losing my teeth. :D

Running Mephisto is going well, I'm quite a bit slower than lots of the MF stories I read here... but then again, I kill everything in Durance 3 as well, and It's a fanatic zealot to boot, but MM's my highest level character and I'm still kind of scared to progress to act 4.

Found this from a random vampire boss though (I think, it was a couple of days ago now). Seems they aren't as stingy as ol' Mephy.

Boneshade
    Lich Wand
    One-Hand Damage: 10 to 31
    Durability: 8 of 17
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Level: 79
    Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 86
    Fingerprint: 0xb1ab0f2e
    +2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
    25% Faster Cast Rate
    +5 to Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
    +2 to Bone Wall (Necromancer Only)
    +2 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
    +1 to Bone Spirit (Necromancer Only)
    +5 to Teeth (Necromancer Only)
    150% Damage to Undead

Unfortunately the skills I'd be interested in got the low end of the roll, and the others are perfect. Oh well. Still not bad.

On to laundry, more floating zombie skeleton killing, and distraction from my new PS2.

Lime and burlywood drops for all (especially me)!
    ~Jay

15. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Nice wand madmard. :thumbsup:
    Today i got bad news and good news, as wel as just news.
    Good: i have a date.
    Bad: i think i'd prefere her friend.
    News: cant go on the trip to warsaw with college anymore, since not enough people wanted to go so the cost was too high. however, it does mean i can stop pretending to like history so i could go on the trip in the first place. Also means i have the full week for the MFO, which before i was going to miss most of.

16. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Thanks FB!

Too bad about the Warsaw trip. I spent 3 weeks in Poland over the winter holidays and it was a lot of fun. Plane ride was way too long though. (Left from NY, USA).

~Jay

17. CrazyChihuahua

CrazyChihuahua IncGamers Member

That sucks about the Warsaw trip FB. I did the same thing next year (taking a class mostly for a trip, which may not be going to the place I want to go to).

Haven't played any D2 yet today. Had my bio exam this morning, which only took me an hour, and that was fairly easy. Tomorrow morning I have accounting, and then I am out for the summer! Woo! :jig:

On the D2 front, yesterday I took my BS sin through some more of A2 hell, and all was well up the the Maggot Lair. I figured that since I use blade sentinel, that area would just be gravy, and I could easily cut through that place. Boy, was I wrong. Sure, I can cut people in the back of the line and throughout, but those beetles are terrible. My merc died many times (lots of Death Beetle boss packs), and I died a few times too. When I finally reached Coldworm, I literally could not get through the room, not even to the chest. Every time I killed a worm, another would pop up, and there were maggot youngs all over too. Those worms have so much life, they take a while to kill for me. Eventually I would have to go back to town because I had some sort of nasty poison on me.

Anyways, I am going to try the lair again today, and try to go right for the chest and not let Coldworm spawn so many damn worms. This just seems to be an area I can not get through. Go figure, the one area I thought I would have no problem with is the worst... If I can't get it on my second try, I might just make a MP game. I don't want to have to do MP to get this char through the game, but if I have to, I have to I guess :(

Looks like I wrote quite a bit. Better stop now :p