Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

TS/PS/CoT/Dtail questions :)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ahcw, May 11, 2008.

1. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

TS/PS/CoT/Dtail questions :)

Hey guys my friend and I have been playing D2 again the past couple of months and having a blast playing all sorts of chars. In the past I liked Assassins, but could only really play a Trapper effectively because I didn't utilize hotkeys (just used my mouse wheel to scroll through). As I'm sure most of you know playing a MA sin without using any hot keys (besides I guess the standard F1-F8) is pretty much suicide. Well now I'm back and after playing WoW for 2 or 3 years I have grown quite used to using hot keys on my chars so it's time to go back and play a sexy MA sin.

Now for the questions. First off wildjinns (sp?) guide is fairly old so I have some questions for gear. Right now I'm thinking something like this:

Helm - Vamp or Andy's (Andy's is ugly though)
    Ammy - Mara's? (I'm fairly certain the Deady Strike from Highlords doesn't work on the kicks so the extra skill + resists should be better. I don't have any rare/crafted sin ammies)
    Armor - CoH or Fort (I'm guessing Fort is pretty worthless considering the massive %ed that this build uses, but I just wanted to make sure)
    Wpn 1 - Fury DS Scissors (saves me some points in the trap tree and should make hitting mobs much easier to gain those charges)
    Wpn 2 - Bartucs (pretty amazing off hand claw for obvious reason)
    Gloves - Crafted 20 ias/6%CB/9str/11 life/2 MA gloves (sexy if I do say so myself)
    Ring 1 - Ravenfrost (CBF....)
    Ring 2 - BK? not sure here
    Belt - String or Dungo's (both are pretty obvious choices for the PDR...probably leaning toward dungos since I'll be using Cobra Strike quite often)
    Boots - Gore's upped (best there is right?)

Now are there any upgrades that can be done for those? How important are + skills for this type of sin? I thought about drac's but I think I'll be using a Reaper's on the merc (HF btw) and I don't want them overwriting each other. Besides those crafted gloves are sexy!

Alright next question. My friend will be playing an asn along side with me and I want to clear a few things up. First off here's my build:

20 TS
    20 PS
    20 CoT
    20 Dtail

1 BoS
    1 Fade
    1+Claw Mastery
    1+ Shadow Master (aiming for 17 after skills)
    1 MB
    1 any pre-reqs that I'm to lazy to type

Basically the standard set up I think. Now my questions are since there is NextDelay or whatever for the elemental charges should my friend steer clear of using them? I mean if we are both unleashing them we might have some problems right?

If we can survive the Next Delay stuff I think he's interested in this build as well, otherwise I think he'll try a Dtalon/DS build. He thought about building a trapper, but he loves being melee and getting "down and dirty" with the mobs rather than sitting back. Either way we should work together well right?

Last question. Will Decrepify from Reapers overwrite the debuff from CoS? It won't matter for the blindness part, but the -Def is pretty sexy (though I guess using Fury it might not matter that much anyways).

Sorry for the somewhat long post. I looked through like 20 pages on this forum hoping to find some of these answers (especially gearwise) but didn't see much. As always thank you for your time and have a good day :smiley:

2. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Re: TS/PS/CoT/Dtail questions :)

I don't think you should worry about it much. You'll lose some small percentage of your damage, but you probably won't even be able to tell the difference. If it's going to bother you anyway, just don't have both of you setting off the second two charges of Phoenix or CoT at the same time, as those are the charges that interfere with each other. Considering you've got your build worked out already, the obvious thing would be for your friend to go with a fire/cold FoF/BoI/Phoenix build, with a big helping of Death Sentry so that he can keep up with the carnage you'll be inflicting.

Yes, it will override. Though I wouldn't call that much of a trade-off, especially considering you'll be using Dtail. Decrep + Dtail = Death + Destruction.

3. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help BUG :). I can't believe how slow this forums is...I guess assassins don't get enough love. Sad considering they are probably one of the more complex characters in this game.

4. BIGeyedBUG

Is it really slower than the other class forums? Seems about the same to me, not that I look at the other ones much. Although I think there's not nearly as much PvE discussion here as some of the others.

Amazing thing to me is that people still post as much as they do about D2. Who'd of thought this funny little game would last so long?

5. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Maybe it's the same as the other forums. I'm just used to the SPF which still has quite a bit of traffic so it seemed incredibly slow I guess.

I think the really crazy thing is that after 7 years (or however long it's been) there are still so many new things that I find out whenever I play. They really did a good job designing this game.

P.S. Of the gear I listed would you make any major changes?

6. BIGeyedBUG

Your build will love more +skills. The easy places to add them in are the primary claw and helm slots.

7. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

I like your answers. You offer assistance without telling me exactly what to do therefore allowing me to do the thinking myself. Sometimes it's nice to be told exactly what to do, but you learn more when you decide yourself.

Anyways thanks for the help man :)

8. BIGeyedBUG

No problemo.