Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trying to solo (SP) LOD 1.10

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PimpT, Mar 29, 2004.

1. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

Trying to solo (SP) LOD 1.10

It's very hard :(

If you guys, in your infinite knowledge, could find me a build that could best my 2 swords frenzy barb, if you could post it PLS, im really having a hard time... (can't beat baal, norm, lvl 38)

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Check out the build list for info on builds. I know a frenzy one is not in there, but here's what I'm working off of. Keep in mind that my character is highly twinked and plans on using the BK set.

Anyway, my build/thoughts:

20 frenzy
    20 Mastery, in my case, sword
    20 BO
    20 War Cry
    1+rest Shout
    1 NR (add more if you like)
    1 BC
    1 Inc Speed
    1 in all pre-req's

Basically this is an Iron/War Cry Frenzier. Stun, swing, kill, in that order.

Hope this helps,
    crg

EDIT: Keeping with your barb, I think you should level up some. I am normally clvl 42 when i fight lister and Baal. Where are you havling trouble though? Why can't/what is preventing you from beating baal? I hate to see a character be retired just because they "can't" get past a certain area.

3. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

I would try a Fishymancer or a Hammerdin. Both are very powerful builds that aren't very equipment dependent. Check the stickied guide thread at the top of the forum for more details.

4. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

thx for the quick answer guys!!!

I just thought a bit and I have alot more questions...

(this is strictly SP!!)
    First of all, thank you for the quick answers !
    Second, I cant beat Baal because I can't get past his minions of destruction, they really kick my ***, big time. I am using two swords, one does some pretty decent damage and the other one sucks, but I have to keep it because it's 9% ML and 6% LL if i losse that leach, ill never be able to use frenzy to it's full potential.
    Third, are there other tricks like /players 8 that can be used in SP? without cheating?

Fourth, you gave me courage to go and try kick baal's *** once more, ill go do some pindle now, later

5. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Yes you can use the /players command as much as you want, it isn't considered a cheat. As for Baal's Minions try to break the group up by leading some of them away from the spawn point. You will find they are a lot easier to take care of in groups of 1 or 2. Also a good merc helps a lot too.

6. Round 4

Round 4 IncGamers Member

I hope you're not running pindle in normal, there's absolutely no point to that. Pindle is only good in hell because he can drop items that meph can't. And you aren't going to get anything unless you have good MF.

7. Wolfgang Abenteuer

Wolfgang Abenteuer IncGamers Member

For Baal's minions, and I'm guessing you're talking about Lister and co., I just had my merc freeze them (using an Act 3 cold merc), and unloaded with Frenzy. My advice would be to get IAS gloves, a LL ring (my Frenzy barb found a Cathan's in Act 2 normal and has used it all the way through Act 5 hell :p), and a ring or ammy with ML. Fortunately, Frenzy is a very low mana-cost skill, so you won't need much leech at all to keep it going as your main skill. Then just go back and do some players8 runs in the BF and the ice caves. Use those skill points to boost Frenzy and/or BO (I personally went for an ironbarb variant so I didn't use BO) and get some more life and strength. Once you're on about level 45, go back and try again, and they'll fall like leaves on a tree. ;)

~Wolfgang

8. Crazy Runner Guy

So is this entire forum. You've come to the right place.

Yeah, I was figuring you couldn't get past lister. He is one tough beast. I would shop for some better swords and start gambling for rings/ammys for LL/ML. You can get some decent %'s even at your clvl.

As for the actual fight, you can park lister where Baal can't see him and then you can enter the chamber. Other than seperating and fighting a hit and run battle, you can't do much tactic/skill-wise besides get War Cry for its stun. Howl doesn't work on lister's minions, so don't try it. You could also use Battle Cry to lower their damage/defense.

EDIT:
    There are other things in the D2 world besides MF'ing. He is going to run pindle to level up, which is really easy to do considering you can easily level up into the mid 40s by just killing that damn skeleton and his buddies a few times.

crg

9. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

Im now level 40 :) thx for the advice guys, pindle is my best bet as of now for XPing.

I had a few more questions: Are gems useless, should i just sell them all?
    If I go get a cold merc in act III will i loose my lvl 36 act5 barb? I like him

EDIT: oh, one more thing, I just want to make sure I understand how Frenzy works, beeing my main skill and all :p Say I have increased attack speed 7-35%, will the first hit I land get me 7% IAS and then on to a max of 35% IAS with each sucessful strike?

10. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

yes if you get another merc you will lose the one you have.

Edit: Gems are used in many crafting recipes, using the horadric cube. Or you can socket them in weapons for more damage, shields for more resists and armor for + to something (life, mana, etc...)

11. Wolfgang Abenteuer

Wolfgang Abenteuer IncGamers Member

Yeah, if you get another merc you'll lose your current one. Although, having a buddy around who will freeze enemies, allowing you to mercilessly wail on them is infinitely more useful than one who just swings a sword alongside you. My advice for a frenzier, would be to get a Holy Freeze Act 2 merc once you get to NM, but until then I've always had good results with the Act 3 cold merc. It's all up to you, though. Your barb merc should still be enough, once you level up a bit more and get some better gear.

...For Normal, anyway... ;)

~Wolfgang

12. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

Damn :(

One more thing...!

What do you guy suggest for stats?

I got 100 str/85 dex / 55 life and 10 energy, or something like that (base)
    what should I focus on in the future?

13. Crazy Runner Guy

Gems: Gems are not useless, but think of this:

1 perfect=3 flawless=9 Normal=27 flawed=81 chippped.

Personally, I only keep flawless and chipped. FLawless to make perfs, chipped for cubing items/runes.

As with frenzy, I'm pretty sure that's how it works, as it seems to "charge up" your attack speed.

crg

14. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

189 str, 110 dex, rest in vit

You can use every sword in the game with 189 str and 110 dex, I *think* :scratch:

15. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

Oh, and are there other /players commands??

16. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

/players x(1 - 8) - simulates x amount of players in game (singleplayer only)
    - /fps - shows fps and other info on screen
    - /framerate - same as /fps but shows cache info
    - /nopickup - You can only pickup items when holding alt

17. Crazy Runner Guy

That is correct.

18. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Not true. A Mythical Sword needs 124 Dex, Conquest Sword needs 112 Dex, Elegant Blade needs 122 Dex, and Phase Blade needs 136 Dex. Of course, it's only the last one that really matters. I expect if he were lucky enough to score himself an Azurewrath, he'd certainly want to be using it. :)

note: I'm not enough of a D2 nerd to know those numbers by heart, but I was fairly certain a Phase Blade needed more than 110 Dex, and checked Arreat Summit.

19. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

btw as for lister- i had problems with them too, their regen rate is stupidly high, so i opted for a prevent monster heal unique exceptional club (forgot name), if your still having problems pm me and ill sort you out some gear ;).

20. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Gems are one of my favourite items in the game. They are just so incredibly useful, especially for an untwinked character. I rarely sell any gems at all. Only flawed ones may get sold and only in the late game .

Gem uses
    Geared towards untwinked play (character uses only what he/she finds)

Chippies:
    * Early use in sockets (emeralds in merc. bow, sapphire in any weapon, topazes in armor/helm, diamonds in shield)
    * The magical socketed weapon recipe. If you play a sorceress, you can even use it for the early magical Orbs, to reroll the skills (and to get sockets for early jewels/gems). Can help a lot.
    * Cubing runes. Especially topaz (3 Thul -> 1 Amn), amethyst (3 Amn -> 1 Sol and sapphire (3 Sol -> 1 Shael). Hold on to the ones you will want to have available when you are well into Nightmare, since they will drop very rarely at that stage.
    * Repair-and-recharge-weapon recipe (with Ort)
    * Fix cracked/crude/low qaulity items so you can use the socketing recipes on them
    * Make a rejuve potion. If you don´t find another use for a chippie and can use more rejuves, there is always this option, now that you can buy mana potions

Flawed:
    * Early use in sockets (see chippies)
    * Repair-and-recharge-armor recipe (with a Ral)
    * Save to cube into higher quality (Act 1-3 Normal (then you start to find regulars))

Regular:
    * Magical socketed weapon recipe. Here you start with a socketed weapon which does not need to be magical.
    * Save up to cube into higher quality (I do this with regular gems the whole game)
    * Make a full rejuve potion

Flawless:
    * Magical socketed weapon recipe
    * Save up to cube into perfects
    You get most "bang for your buck" from Gem Shrines if you upgrade a flawless gem to perfect

Perfect:
    - Use them in sockets. My favourites:
    * 100 Poison damage over 6 seconds in weapons (emeralds)
    * +4% life steal and +3% mana steal in weapons (skulls)
    * +38 Life in armor/helm (rubies)
    * +19 Resist All in a shield (diamonds)
    * +24% Magic Find in armor/helm (topazes)
    * +40 (!) to a single resistance in shield (rubies, topazes, sapphires). If you need more than one resistance, diamonds are often better, but if you only need to boost one, these gems does that very well indeed.

- Crafting
    Lots of chances to get great items. It will mostly be crap, but you will score some good stuff if you keep at it. Remember to keep a couple of crappy jewels, too. My favourites are:
    * All the boots, gloves and amulet recipes (special nod goes to the Caster Amulet which only needs the fairly common Ral rune and can yield fantastic amulets, especially for caster characters)
    * Hitpower weapon (any elite blunt instrument of an appropriate weapon type for a melee character.)
    * The belt recipes. Make sure to use exceptional/elite versions of belt, to get 4-row belts
    * Rings can be good too, but uses rarer and more useful (for other purposes) runes (Amn and Sol)
    * Special for Necros: Caster Weapon and Hitpower Weapon with a wand. Uses a very common rune (Tir!) and you will significanly raise the number of (potentially good) rare wands you see in the game.
    * Special for Javazons: Safety Weapon with elite javelins.

- Socketing recipes (for making items to use for runewording, etc.). This recipe rolls a number from 1 to 6 and the item gets that number of sockets (capped at how many sockets the item type can have, of course).

- Upgrading rare and unique items recipes. Can be very useful.

- Reroll-magical-items recipe. Grand- and Small Charms and Jewels are some of the best uses. Keeps the item level the item originally had.

- On the verge of Overkill: Reroll a rare item (6 skulls)

- Overkill: Put a socket in a rare item (3 skulls + a Stone of Jordan). I have actually used this recipe once. The only character of mine that has found an SoJ didn´t need any more + skills or mana (and I don´t mule items between characters), so I socketed his mercenary´s rare Circlet with a topaz.