Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trying to make a PvP Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Har-Megiddo, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

Trying to make a PvP Barb

He must be able to PvP anyone (so it'd be better to keep a shield and use a zerker b/c I won't be taking off the shield in pubbys).

I'm thinking:

BoTD Eth Zerker - 138 str req/59 dex req (gives 30 to str and 30 to dex)
    Enigma Armour (Which type is based on how much str I need). - (gives .75 str per char lvl)
    6% Arreats - 118 str req (gives 20 to str).
    10%/+15 Dracul's Grasp - 50 str req (gives 15 str)
    Duped Barb Crafted Amulet (no + to str)
    Gore Rider - 90 str. req (no + to str)
    Storm Shield - 156 str. req (+30 to str)
    15%/40 vit Verdugo's Hearty Cord - 106 str. req (no + to str)
    2 5% Bul Katho's Wedding Band - 0 str req (no + to str)
    Switch: 2 Echoing Swords

Highest req is StormShield @ 156. BoTD Zerker gives 30, so I only need that req, which is 138, then Arreats gives 20 @ 118, so I then need 118. Dracs give +15, which brings the str. req to 113.

Assuming I'll be equiping the Enigma at lvl 65, I will get 48.75. 113-48 = 65. lvl 70 is 52.5. 113-52=61.

I'm thinking I could use either Dusk (77) or Archon (103) as they seem to be the most "in-demand" Enigmas. Choosing Dusk means I'd have to get 52 strength (as +15 str dracs have a 50 str. req, so I can equip them, then get the 77 dusk).

Str: 52 str.
    Dex: Enough for max block.
    Vit: Rest
    Energy: Base

In terms of charms, I'm thinking 10 +1 warcries so I can get lvl 45 (+22 from items, +1 from battle command) BO and Shout, and then switch out for 40 3/20/20s or 39 and 1 Anni (which I don't have).

So my questions:

1. Did I do the strength math right?
    2. What should I put in the stormshield and arreats?
    3. Do you think I can get the BoTD Zerker, Perfect Dracs, Perfect Verdungos, and 2 5% BKs for 28 290s? I figure the BKs will cost 1, Dracs and Verdungos I can get for 3-4, and then I can try to get the Zerker for the rest. (Sorry for discussing 290s, but they're the trade economy outside of this forum and that's what I have). What % BoTD Zerker could I probably get for about 23-24 290s?

2. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

You will probably need a Ravenfrost for Dex,CBF and AR or even Angelic Set pieces eventually.

An etheral BotD Zerker requires only 101 Strength by the way,which may help you to lower your str even more. (Annihilus helps too if you can get one)

If you 're going with conc you definately need some IAS ,which would make socketing choices obvious and you might even have to switch gloves and the like.

Besides that it looks like a solid barb you ll be having there.

...no I won't be responding to questions regarding 290's or any other dupes. O.O;;

3. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

Oh 101 str? Then that means:

Highest req is StormShield @ 156. BoTD Zerker gives 30, which has a req of 101, which lets me wear Arreats @118, which gives 20, 50+101=151. 156-151=4, 15 (dracs)-4=11, which means I need 90 str.

90 - 48 (enigma str bonus @ lvl 65) = 42 str. If I can get a decent anni, I guess I can get by with no str. and use a breast plate enigma, but that doesn't have a very high trade value.

I think I'll probably keep a Demon Limb and Enchant myself before duels and use the Angelic rings and amy after I do the warcries to have both the high warcries and great attack rating.

And I'll be WWing in duels.

And I still need info on whether I can probably get the gear I want.

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Your jewelry is what seems to be lacking. If you're going to be using whirlwind for dueling, you'll definately want angelic wing and one or two halos (if you go with one, make the other ring ravenfrost).

Dracul's are sorta pointless, since they won't trigger while you are whirling. You'd be better off with something like steelrends for the added damage. You can use drac's if you'd like though.

Socket-wise, for a whirler the best bet is typically ed/str jewels (40/9 being perfect).

Yes, you can get the whole set-up, but it is going to cost you, that's for sure. That's one expensive-*** set-up.

-Hal

5. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

By the time you finish switching out the warcry charms with 40 small charms, you cries will probably expire.
    :lol: