Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trying to make a "budget" ubersin.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Svalin, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Trying to make a "budget" ubersin.

Basicly trying to make a assasin as cheap as possible to beat the ubers.

Setup I was thinking off:

Gullies (Um)
    Fleshripper (Sheal)
    Duress
    Stormshield (PDiamond)
    Draculs
    Thundergods
    Upped Gores
    Angelics neck + Ring
    Ravenfrost

+around 100% crushing blow
    +max resist with charms and fade (85 for lightning) and some light sorb
    +fast kick speed (8/3/3/...)
    +ife tab
    +50% damage reduced
    +max block
    +LOTS of open wounds
    +the -50% target defense mod? (Does this work on bosses?)
    +Crowd control with death sentry/MB

-low life (Need 180-200 dex for block)
    -attack can miss? (I guess 10-20k attack rating here, not much experience)

How would this setup work? I have no experience with ubers whatshowever.. only from youtube, so any advice would be welcome.

I guess this would cost about 2-3 ists

Oh and how much does character level mean for ubers? Any minimum level I should aim for? 80? 90?

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: Trying to make a "budget" ubersin.

As long as you can keep your res up against meph*remember to stack* that set up should work fine.

Not sure on price

Higher the better on your level, aim for at least 85+.

Try to shop a tap wand so you don't have to wait for tap from dracs to proc.

3. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Got a wand now :) about 25 seconds duration should be enough to get dracs going.

I understand meph has a sort of conviction aura, how much % is that? Perhaps someone knows? :)

Found an Occu tonight, lets see if I can turn that into atleast dracs+storm tommorow.

Cheers Svalin

EDIT: If anyone got some tips or different gear suggestions let me know ;d

4. Dala

Dala IncGamers Member

Last season I ran Ubers literally over 100 times with a Paladin and decided I wanted to do it with an Asssassin and made quite an effort... three times. first one died... second one died... third one I was one waiting on one more piece of gear... and then I got distracted for over 90 days on a job and lost my account...

I play HC btw.

I will say this... it's hard. You can search uber assassin threads from previous seasons - there are a lot of them - lots of chronicles of them and maybe pick up lots of specific tips. Meph's resistance drain is really a pain in the *** but here is one simple tip... if you can kill him first... then you can actually use some potion cheats - lean the timing of them... while that may seem like a pain in the arse, it might buy you some addition CB gear.

For me, the hardest part and the dying moment was that I just never had enough power in the end to finish them off. I had plenty of CB gear and could whack them down pretty fast... but I just couldn't finish them off - so you might think about that in advance to make sure you have some trick up your sleeve for that last sliver.

Good luck!

5. mmmpld

mmmpld IncGamers Member

Meph's conviction is level 20, so -125 cold/fire/light res.

Baal's mana steal (and his minions') is usually my biggest problem, so make sure you have mana pots an probably some leech.

I'm really interested in the -50% target defence, if it does work it would make a big difference to how often you hit.

6. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

It works. Ignore target defence doesn't work, but -defence works

7. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Oh thanks for the tips all, so far she is doing good. Got 8 keys now (missing 1 destruction) and got connection interrupted. Traded myself a torch and an anni so I could get all the clumbsy +str-charms out of my inventory.
    I must say Nith runs are really fun and fast, I use burst of speed instead of fade and run up to the big group (where nith is) cloak of shadow and telekick/talon nith down and traps do the rest. 5-10 seconds to clean the room :)

I bought myself a lightsabre and plan to use light sabre + whisp (only 14) to abosorb meph... Diablo seems pretty easy form the movies I have seen and baal I dont really have a tactic for yet... which leads me to:

1. Is -40 light resist doable if you have 39% absorb?
    2. Next to -50% fleshripper, my cloak of shadows also does -50% enemy defense does this mean I dont even need AR?
    3. Does manaleech work on baal and diablo? (I guess not on meph)
    4. Any general tips (maybe some awesome weaponswitch) for that last sliver?

Little detail: I Switched the angelics amu + ring for Cat's eye (new breakpoint + 25 dex) and now I use the second ring for either carrion (crowds), dual leech or Dwarf/Whisp.

I couldn't make a decision between +skills and +ias (neck) so I made a table to compare use of skillpoints against IAS. (Higher level is more of the fast followup kicks instead of the 'slow' initial kick, and so faster kicks on a longer period)

Kickspeed (Frames/Kick), breakpoints compared to Dtalon-lvl for Fleshripper:

............... lvl24.......lvl30......lvl36.......lvl42.
    0%Ias........5,2........5.............4,9...........4,8
    20%Ias......4,2.........4.............3,9...........3,8
    35%Ias.......4.........3,9............3,7...........3,6
    70%Ias......3,8........3,7............3,7..........3,6

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  8. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Just did ubers, so it worked... 11/12 druid torch but, ye. It worked :p

9. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Congrats and good luck!

10. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

very impt thread, bookmarked :p

11. Ddzang

Ddzang IncGamers Member

Hey, I have an assassin that I am building for something similar. What skills do you have maxed? And how much does the fleshripper run? Oh and congrats, good to hear you did it.

12. Taelic

Taelic IncGamers Member

Hi, after quitting a few years back, I felt like playing some good old D2 again. I just started my very own kicksin after reading some guides about it, looked like a really fun class to play. Level 76 right now and so far it's been real fun!

But now I'm stuck with some last gear choices, my current gear looks like this:
    Helm: Guillaume's face
    Neck: Eye of etlich -> was thinking Angelic's + ring
    Weapon: 'Black' Flail - getting something else when I'm a little .. richer
    Chest: Twitchtroe (I know) -> was thinking Duress for here
    Shield: Stormshield w/ Pdiamond
    Gloves: Dracul's Grasp (self found, yay me!)
    Rings: Ravenfrost + ?? (using a rare 2% ml ring with some resistances now, or a 99 ar ring with 3% ml, depending on situation)
    Belt: IK belt
    Boots: Gore riders, upping them soon!

So, for those last few pieces (Chest, Ring, Neck) I'm really not sure what to take. How well does this build perform with no ML? Because if I take Angelic's, I won't have any ML, unless I swap for maybe a Gaze, but then I lose some CB and str :(
    Right now I have ~6k AR, that's why I was considering Angelic's (Or is 6k enough?)

Another thing I'm struggling with are resistances, I'm hardly over 0* on most resistances on Hell (without Fade), so I was considering Duress for the extra res, and Um in my helm for even more res.

Also, I'm going for Max Block, got 75% block right now, and a little under 1k hp.

*resistances: -23 fire, +9 cold, +12 lightning, -51 poison without my res ring on (this gives an extra 20 light, 11 fire and 6 poison resistance)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  13. mmmpld

mmmpld IncGamers Member

Consider Duriel's Shell for your armor. The CB and open wounds on Duress aren't all that important to your set up (as you've got those bases covered) so it's really a choice over 40FHR or Cannot Be Frozen. You may even up it, and it can always be given to a merc later.

An um'd guilface is never a waste (if you rebuild chars the way I do) but check an ias jewel won't help you hit a breakpoint.

Angelics and a mana leech ring are good as long as you have CBF somewhere. At later levels (when you have more mana) you might be able to survive without the ml.

Overall your gear selection is pretty solid.

14. Taelic

Taelic IncGamers Member

Duriel's Shell would indeed be a very nice armor, it has all the stats I'm sort of looking for. Might socket it with a Shael for that extra FHR breakpoint. Although after checking, I noticed that my Twitchtroe* is giving me 24% extra block on level 79, Ravenfrost another 9% block. That's a lot of dexterity saved out right there :\. Or is max block really not needed? (I personally love having maxed out block, because I always play too aggressive)

Another I was wondering about, would the "20% Damage taken goes to mana" from Angelics be enough to sustain mana for kicking? Or is that just flawed logic? :D

*Twitchtroe: Would it be worth it to just upgrade this one and Um it for resistances? (It has FHR, IAS, Block, Str and Dex -> All the stats I want)

I'll probably be rebuilding this char anyway, once I get my hands on an Annihilus, so I've got some time to figure things out.

(And these questions are the reason I still love Diablo, even after having quit for years ;D)

15. mmmpld

mmmpld IncGamers Member

Most of my manna problems have been related to uber baal and his manna stealing minions so I can only really say in that instance, but the damage taken goes to mana on angelics doesn't help in his case. The only thing I've found that works there is mana pots.

I guess you need to decide if you want to take your sin into uber tristram and gear appropriately.

16. CarloC

CarloC IncGamers Member

How about using a prayer + insight merc to solve the mana problems?

17. Taelic

Taelic IncGamers Member

Well, the plan is to eventually do Ubertristram, trying to do some MF runs and stuffs to get gear to trade/use for that purpose.

About the merc: I don't really like the idea of relying on a merc, mostly because they are suicidal and always die :D