Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trying to find what to make my sock items into

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Roxas, May 2, 2008.

1. Roxas

Roxas IncGamers Member

Trying to find what to make my sock items into

Alright. I'm not new to the game, just new to these forums [... small icebreaker XD]

I'm currently running a Holy Freeze Pally [Lv20] with an Ice Arrow Merc [Still Act1]

Trying to find a good bow to give my merc. I have a two Sock Long Bow and three sock Short bow. Had a two sock Hunter Bow but tossed it.

Right now... she has a Rare - Brimstone Stinger Hunter's Bow
    %27 Enhanced Damage
    +2 Min Damage
    +38 Attack Rating
    23% Damage to Demons
    50 To attack rating against Demon
    Add 1-2 Cold Damage
    7 Poison Damage

Not many RuneWord for Missile I can currently make. Rune Wise.. I have El, Eld, Eth, Ith, Ral, Tal, Tir. I have about two of each. My Merc is lv19.

May as well list all her equip..
    Helm
    Nadir -Cap-
    Def 17 [Won't list it unless you want me to]

Armor
    Loathe Shell Hard Leather Armor - Rare -
    +10% Faster Hit Recovery
    +3 Life
    +2 Strength
    +8% Cold Resist
    +9% Fire Resist

Also, should [when I get the runes] make my 3 soc targe into a Ancient's Pledge? or should I wait until I get a higher up 3 soc shield?

Any suggestions would be awesome =) [Runewords or not =)]

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Trying to find what to make my sock items into

1. Act 1 Rogues, in the beginning, like it best when they use Longbows stuffed with chipped/flawed gems. Put a sapphire and 2 topazes in a 3-socket Longbow shopped from Gheed, and she will do just fine until you can get your hands on the A2 defensive/combat mercenary.

2. For armor, I suggest getting something with +poison resist, for when you have to face Andariel in Catacombs. You can also use Stealth (Tal+Eth), that is, if you have the runes.

3. Definitely make Ancient's Pledge. For untwinked, this will be your solution to resist problems until at least mid-late Nightmare. However, consider finding a better base defense shield to stick your runes in. Also, aim for highest possible base res. For now, stick chipped diamonds or Eld's (depending on what hurts you more: elemental or physical attacks) in your Targe.

3. Roxas

Roxas IncGamers Member

Alright. I definitely have the runes to make a Stealth [My Pally has one] but I can't find another 2 sock Armor [Hard Leather or otherwise] So i'll probably take off my MF stuff and go kill things and hope for the best.

i'll have to start looking for gems too. I only got a chipped diamond at the moment.

4. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

It's very easy to shop a Ringmail or a Studded Leather from Charsi. Just use the Cold Plains waypoint to quickly refresh the trading screen. 1/9th of all armors (I think) Charsi sells (non-magical) will be socketed, and then there is 1/3 chance for 1, 2 or 3 sockets. Didn't take me long to shop 2 3-socketed ring mails. Should take you even less.

For gems, use /players x command if playing Singleplayer, or join games with multiple players. Monsters will be harder to kill, but you will get more drops and xp.

5. Roxas

Roxas IncGamers Member

I got a Ringmail and a Studded Leather. both 2 sock. kept getting 3 sock ringmails though. I can always get them [3 sock] if need be..