Trying to Find my Faith

soulesschild

Diabloii.Net Member
Trying to Find my Faith

Recently, actually last saturday, i attended a praise night by my school's christian club, now to set things straight, I used to go to youth group and stuff but I never was able to accept Christ and on Saturday, something touched me, I don't know how to explain it, my friends call it the "Holy Spirit" or Jesus himself and I've been trying to accept him as my Savior as you call it but sometimes I feel like it's just not working out :( so any of you christians out there, tell me what I should do??? :scratch:
 

Akira

Member
i would meditate on it too, accepting a faith has to come willingly from within, not out of some sense of moral obligation to others.
 

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Seeing as how Jesus "touched you" I'd file a lawsuit.

On a serious note, I'd say go back to see if you really dig it... maybe you'll find your faith!
 

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
As I recall, a plurality of this forum proclaims themselves to be agnostic/atheist, so we probably won't give the best advice.

In addition, faith is a personal thing, and it really requires self-discovery, meditation and real life discussion (with people of similar faith) in order to create the necessary connections to discover a new religion. Good luck, remember that it is the faith itself, not the religion that is most important. Faith will make you the happiest, the books and the rules are secondary.
 

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
it can be a bit of a process for some people. go talk to the youth pastor/pastor/guy like that and talk to them about it. evaluate your life and see if there may be something that is keeping you from where you need to be spiritually. if there is something interfering then get it out of your life.

welcome to the family buddy.
 

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
As I recall, a plurality of this forum proclaims themselves to be agnostic/atheist, so we probably won't give the best advice.

In addition, faith is a personal thing, and it really requires self-discovery, meditation and real life discussion (with people of similar faith) in order to create the necessary connections to discover a new religion. Good luck, remember that it is the faith itself, not the religion that is most important. Faith will make you the happiest, the books and the rules are secondary.
Ok you need to stop telling things so straight. You need more curves, SN. CURVES. :grrr:
 

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Smelly said:
Ok you need to stop telling things so straight. You need more curves, SN. CURVES. :grrr:
Sorry, I'm rather sober. I only throw curves when I have some alcohol in me.

Also: It seems to be religion night in the otf. Better than relationship night as its been....I guess...
 

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
Remember that God loves you unconditionally, and that He sacrificed His one and only son for the sins of the world. Confess your sins and claim His forgiveness and turn to God and trust in him.

You must individually recieve Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then you can know God personally and experience His love.

[Jesus said:] Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him."
-Revelation 3:20

Recieving Christ involves turning to God from self repentence and trusting Christ to come into our lives. All you have to do is open that door with a simple prayer:
Lord Jesus, I want to know You personally. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and recieve You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life and guide me to be the kind of person You want me to be.

Other than that, I'd say to speak with a youth leader at the church...
 

SquareRootOfBob

Diabloii.Net Member
dantose said:
if there is something interfering then get it out of your life.
Make sacrifices in your life so you can "believe" in a religion that you truly have no faith in. Nice thinking!

Really, you're the only person who can know how to deal with this. You've probably just grown out of the fairy tail.
 

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
soulesschild said:
I've been trying to accept him as my Savior as you call it but sometimes I feel like it's just not working out :(
do you have to? i mean, if its not working out, then its not working out.
 

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
SquareRootOfBob said:
Make sacrifices in your life so you can "believe" in a religion that you truly have no faith in. Nice thinking!

Really, you're the only person who can know how to deal with this. You've probably just grown out of the fairy tail.
um, not really. you are basically saying that my acting on my faith proves i don't have faith. :scratch:

now please don't try and hijack
 

SquareRootOfBob

Diabloii.Net Member
You basically told him that if there's something in his life that makes him not believe he should eliminate it. That's just hiding reality... [/off-topic]
 

soulesschild

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks guys for all the replies, im planning to go to a youth group called "The Rock" this friday and see how it works out
 

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
SquareRootOfBob said:
You basically told him that if there's something in his life that makes him not believe he should eliminate it. That's just hiding reality... [/off-topic]
or I told him "evaluate your life and see if there may be something that is keeping you from where you need to be spiritually", something applicable to any christian. I was generally refering to sin and such.
 
Top