Trying something new with my Paladin, help me with stats.

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello i am playing with my level 80 Paladin in Hell, i decided to run back to Baal Nightmare and the first run i found a Bonehew Ogre Axe. I decided i want to use this weapon with the defensive aura Salvation. So i have Maxed Vengeance, Salvation, Resist Fire, Resist Cold, and working on Resist lightning, all these auras synergize vengeance. I need 195 strength for Bonehew i considered socketing some Hel runes to reduce requirements but ultimately decided to wait till have some better runes or jewels to socket. So with my equipment i needed to allocate 175 stats to strength. Now my question and what i need help with is how should i allocate the rest of the points between Dex and Vit. I went 120 Dex and the rest on Vit at first then i went to Hell Andariel and only had a 76% chance to hit her! So i just reseted my stats again lol! Any advice helps thanks!

Albatross

Diabloii.Net Member
Dex won't give you a lot of AR, try the angelic ring + amulet combo if you have it, maybe some steel charms.. what also helps is being a higher level then the monsters you are fighting.

If you haven't socketed anything into bonehew yet, a couple of eth runes are really cheap and will lower the defense of everything (except other players) you attack by 50%. I'm pretty sure this won't factor into the chance to hit so don't be fooled by the LCS (lying character screen, how it's usually called for a good reason).

Last edited:

Noodle

Dexterity is a pretty inefficient way to get Attack Rating. Have you tried using a couple pieces of the Angelic Raiment set? It can give a really nice boost. Also, what level are you at when fighting Andariel? Your level relative to the monster's comes into play too.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
No more into strength and dexterity than needed to meet requirements (respectively to keep blocking at 75% when wearing a shield), all the rest into vitality.

If it helps, don't hesitate with putting Hel runes into Bonehew. These runes are rather common and you can unsocket it with a cube recipe (the socketing is gone then, however). Another good and cheap Bonehew socketing is 2x shael, as it's rather slow, even with its 30% increased attack speed.

By the way, if you have Griswold's armor, you could put 3 perfect amethysts into it, for a total of +50 to strength.