Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trying something different...a rabies fc wolf?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ziplock, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Ziplock

Ziplock IncGamers Member

Trying something different...a rabies fc wolf?

hey all

sooo...i know theres a guide somewhere for a fc / rabies char already but thats with the carrion bug which is defunct now unfortuantely...would a build like this still work w/o the bug though?
    i havent tested anything in sp yet but a skill planner shows i can get 23 k rabies (not including trangs there) and around 5.5-6k fc with mid level gear.
    only prob is i can only fit in 5 points in lycan and 1 in oak which finishes it off at lvl **. if i used maybe an eni bp i could keep the str down for more life though.

any thoughts on this pls?
    cheers

2. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

hmmm...interesting

Although the easy thing to say is "bleh blehhh, u can't use two contradictory builds" I think you might have something good here = )

-Maybe a suggestion would be to go around ~10k fireclaw, and keep rabies damage lower, like ~12k, and just rely on the dweb/monarch switch trick for that...'cause even low damage rabies can kill with enough lowered resists if u can tank them. I'd say, for your primary items, use phase with Jalal+facet, 4os armor with fire facets, and ss/20-20 monarch... maybe go all fire for your main besides trang gloves, and use switch trick for rabies? Only reason I'm saying is 5-6k fc is so low its almost negligible till u get into the 10-15k range... and remember, higher fc = higher damage fissure.

Problems: Using wolf only gives 5 frame ias for fc, which sorta sux but w/e, maybe a lil' more ar helps. And switching from bear to wolf would get annoying if that was your route.

Benefits: 3 possible great tools: Fireclaw, rabies, fissure... with enough facets fire can still be deadly and rabies with switch can still kill (just not as fast as usual)

3. Ziplock

Ziplock IncGamers Member

thx for ur advice Jary.

I just did some sp testing and the dmg was alot better than i thought it would be. 7-8 k fc and 36-39 k rabies (not including the switch) i think it was with 1 5/5 fire facet and 1 5/5 psn.

I dumped mara's, eni, jalals, ss, 2 ravens, dungos, treks, and trangs on him and i tried out a botd ba which is too slow really. i only had 4 k life with 9 plain sks and no bo though which isnt that great. with 9 40 life sks i had around 5.5 i think. The only thing ill change these is using waterwalks instead of treks as the str and vita bonus is too low and not needed anyway

About the wolf having a 1 frame slower fc attack...well...its 'only' one frame lol

Also i never thought about using fisure, i just maxed firestorm and had 10 in molten boulder for the synergies part

4. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

where can you find skill planners because on arreats they only show skill level up to 20. So with a level 35 rabies, i i can only use what they have from the previous levels, which is adding 4 damage per level. So i seem to be getting 2901 damage, then multiplied by 4.6 from synergies and im getting 13344 damage. Doesnt seem close to 33k lol. So there must be something im missing from levels 21-35 but arreats doesnt show that.

5. Within

Within IncGamers Member

use single player editor to test.

6. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

or google chippydip

7. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

8. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

just remember that carrion bug doesnt work anymore

9. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

While some of the problems are obvious like trouble fillin in enough synergies, I think that flaming/rabies guide posted is not very good and will leave keep you from being a very diverse character. Cerebus Bite and Enigma breast plate? I'd figure out your own gear choices and stat distributions.

10. Ziplock

Ziplock IncGamers Member

lol...read my first post next time Kosmos...:azn:

I know this has been done...but with the carrion bug, i'm wondering if it can work w/o the bug

Im gunna continue testing and see what i can come up with now :rolleyes:

Btw, Clay im not following that guide as it cant really work anymore. Im trying out my own take on it

11. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

I've tried this since they fixed the vine synergy problem, and without that, the build faces too many problems and sacrifices just to get barely enough damage

12. Ziplock

Ziplock IncGamers Member

Yea i think your right unfortunately...i could get 10 k fc and around 25 k rabies rather easily but the most life i could get out of him was around 4-5 k with a lvl 10 bo... :undecided:

13. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

In my experiences it's simply better to use one or the other

either rabies/fury or fireclaws

with your damage weakened so much in both areas, it's much easier to sorb your attacks, and because fireclaws limits what weapon you can use speed wise, you have to sacrifice any physical damage for fireclaws

14. Ziplock

Ziplock IncGamers Member

Yea im just gunna stick with my fury/rabies wolfy...but im gunna start a wolf barb now! :laugh:

15. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Ziplock, u could make it work if u had the income, but you have to sacrafice strength for power... u can't afford to stack lycanthropy, cyclone, pets etc, but u can get the damage--here's what i tried at chippydips:
    *=most important
    6 firestorm
    20 fissure*
    20 molten boulder (more versatile imo than firestorm)

1 werewolf & bear
    20 fc*
    20 rabies*
    10 poison creeper
    1 oak
    =
    FC~ [email protected] (-45% enemy resist)
    Fissure~ 2.3k (-45% enemy resist
    Rabies~ 24k (-70% enemy resist with switch trick)
    assume @ +17 shape skillz ^^ (so about lvl 37 etc) btw, u could easily get about lvl41 max = )

Gear:
    jalal (+5/-5 facet)
    phase/20/-20 fire monarch. SWITCH: dweb/20/-20 ps monarch (cta prebuff)
    4soc 20/-20 fire armor
    verdungos
    trang gloves
    2 raven/+3 shape ammy

VERY VERY Facet/price demanding, but it could work if u had the income... there's not enough raw damage to NOT use facets, if u catch my drift, but it'd be pretty insane to see that... I'd give someone props. I mean, How many players have seen a duelist stack 2.4k fissures on top themself then Rabies the crap outta them when they approach? Yeah, nobody. lol
    I'd try if I wasn't in the middle of my other bear now :[ --damn u college

16. Ziplock

Ziplock IncGamers Member

Yea Jary i had the skills just about the same as that...but i used a ss and eni instead of the faceted stuff. I really couldnt afford them all anyway, perhaps just one in the jalals and one in the ss.

Heh i might try it out on a budget level and see how he works out

17. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

Seeing the damage that rabies/fury lays down, rabies/fc seems incomparable... :-\ Gah. I can't get my head around the idea that wolf druids are now fairly cookie cutter :p

The drop from 4 to 5 frames is bigger than you think, due to the low frame numbers. 25% slower attacks = 20% less damage.