Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Try this out with your sorc for me?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by killian27, Jun 1, 2005.

1. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

Try this out with your sorc for me?

I am building a single element sorceress (Fyrie). I am trying to decide between Stormshield and Whitstans Guard. I'd like to see (im just a visual type of guy) what the difference in life will be, based on the shield used. So, I made a spreadsheet.

Could I get some people to plug in the attributes from their sorceress to my spreadsheet, and tell me if the numbers are correct. Also, if you use a shield, could you plug in your chance to block and check that for me.

https://home.comcast.net/~killian_27/pics/sorceresscalculator.xls

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Hi, everything seems OK, I use a Luna Rhyme (62%) and the blocking percantage is correct. I was confused at first that I don't see total DEX number. Mana and Life calculations are OK too, but I don't use any +% max mana items as Frostburns.

3. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

IMO it's not going to make a huge difference.

Say you use Whitstans and have 90 base strength(Enough for Skullders, I think), that means you don't have to spend 66 more points into str and they can go into vitality. 66 Vit = 132 life. Not that much.

While you lose that 132 life boost wearing a Stormshield you gain defense(not really important) 35% damage reduction, and some wonderful cold and lightning resistance.

In the long run if you want to go for max blocking and semi-high life, go Whitstans.

If you want to go for Max Blocking and some DR%, go Stormshield.

Honestly I haven't noticed too much difference, except Stormshield giving some decent advantage in certain times when you get swamped.

EDIT:
    For further reference.

At level 85 with Whitstans: 162 Dex for 75% Blocking
    At level 85 with Stormshield: 205 Dex for 75% Blocking
    At level 90 with Whistans: 170 Dex for 75% Blocking
    At level 90 with Stormshield: 216 Dex for 75% Blocking

You'll notice ~40 dex difference between the two as levels go up for maxed blocking. My numbers could be off just a scooch, though.

4. killian27

@Hrus: Hey thanks for checking that out. I forgot about items such as frostburns, that add +% to mana pool; i'll add that.

Total dex? Whats the calculation? And, i was thinking that all i really cared about was the %chance to block. Feel free to point out what im overlooking.

@Serdash: I agree that in actual gameplay, a few points of life here and there shouldnt be extremely crucial... especially since you could always compensate with some sc of vita. But, i wanted a tool to help my plot out this character anyway.

Thanks for all the input.

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

It' that there was no Total DEX cell after DEX from items. I was confused for some time because I felt that Total DEX cell should display base DEX + DEX from stat points + DEX from items, while it displays only base DEX and DEX from stat points. Your blocking formula uses both Total DEX and DEX from items - the calculation is OK.

If I will do that, I would use only Total DEX cell in blocking formula and sum of all three DEX parts in Total DEX cell. (So I can see immediatly if the Total DEX cell matches my in-game character status screen)

6. killian27

I gotcha, you are right I missed that. Put it in the calc, but forgot to display it. Thanks!

Calculator updated: here

7. killian27

If I want to calculate what an items requirements will be if it was socketed with hel, is it as simple as reducing each requirement by 20%?

So, Stormshield would be:

Strength required 125
    Clvl required 59

8. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Strh goes down but lvl stays the same it doesn't drop down after using hel IMO

9. killian27

well crap. foiled again.