Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Try this mfing

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by KnightOfGod, Apr 8, 2004.

1. KnightOfGod

KnightOfGod IncGamers Member

Try this mfing

Well, i have a lvl 80 mf sorc and all she uses is full tals set. this will only work if you have no resistances in negatives, especially lightning or poison. anyway, the next time you are mfing at mephy you should try this. First tele down to the portal at durance lvl 3. cast a tp just in case you have some trouble. then walk right up to meph, standing so close that you can actually hit him with wutever weap u use (even with an occulus). Use static field on him a few times till his health is halfway there. then, use water skill u use to kill him. by standing right next to him, he will only hit with his hands, not using his killer baal of ice. you will most likely be poisoned, which is why u need SOME poison resistance. this works for me and i hope it does for you. go head and try it out and tell me what you think.

2. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

thats an odd and yet nice idea :D
    he hits like a wimp if you use as stormshield.

3. exodus-

exodus- Banned

I used to use this method for NM meph all the time when I first started with a nice FCR it's very doable.

One thing though, I play hardcore, when bnet is nice you can do some quick runs with this method, but the thing is, if bnet ever is unkind(which is more often than not) you'll get a little spike where meph ends up casting say 3 cb's and 2 orbs in an instant, my advice, do this after you make sure you get a reapers toll high level merc.

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Yup, with decent resistances and higher life you can tank Mephisto in NM and Hell buy just standing right infront of him and pulling his guts out with Statif Field and your spell of choice.
    I have pointed out this method often enough, but most stick to the safer approach from a little distance or even practising the moat trick.

You can pull this off alone and with your Merc.
    Mephisto's melee attacks are simply just wimpy and his poison attack wont damage you too much either.
    So to not get frozen if he should cast a ball inbetween wear a Ravenfrost or other item with "cannot be frozen" mod.

5. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

ya know.... reapers toll is like the visual thing, however, kelpies snare works even better at slowing things down and is dirt cheap and on all realms (as well as upgradable)

6. Jpech01

Jpech01 Banned

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you can use the moat tric that has 100% results....
    good idea tho!

7. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

What exactly does that mean? Either approach has 100% results.
    And yes a very good and working idea :)