Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Troubles with BvC barb

Discussion in 'PvP' started by soc, Jun 5, 2005.

1. soc

soc Banned

Troubles with BvC barb

Ok a couple of things:

1) Delayed namelock: When I do delayed name lock, I teleport on the character thats easy, but then before I can switch to ww my char does one more teleport, and teleports BEYOND the enemy. I'm not sure how I can counter this. This isn't only for my barb but for all my casters.

2) Hotkey switching: So I'm leaping pissing everyone off, then I switch to tele and I'm on top of them, but then I always end up berserking the enemy (Berserk is always on my left click). Now keep in mind I'm playing on a ghettomac and I have to hold down Apple and click to get right click. Anyway to counter this I think I'll have ww on left click also, just in case when I teleport I accidently click on the enemy I will ww them rather than berserk them.

2. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

1) your right click may be getting stuck. this shouldnt happen but it did for me when my right click on my mouse got f'ed up.

2) its really your mouse.. this shouldnt be happening -.-

3. soc

soc Banned

Ok thank you dkay everything is better now.

I'm only level 71, just finished nm and just testing this guy out, so my ww isn't even maxed (maxed leap/bo/axe mastery first), so damage is low, but I'm still running into problems which I think will be persistant in the future.

Smiters= Lifetap kills, they heal everything. I try that triangle whirl thing (although I'm terrible at it), but they just namelock me so they "follow" me around while they standstill smite.

4. Duelskull2

Duelskull2 IncGamers Member

You should outrange most smiters unless they are using some sort of range 3 wep.

5. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

You have to practice the hotkey switch and time it right. Assuming tele and WW are on the same right-side mouse button, flash to WW at the initiation of the tele, just as the animation begins. This assures that you actually exit the teleport in WW mode. You then need to practice recentering your cursor almost instantly, otherwise you end up with a long WW. The WW will use your cursor position on exiting tele as the target point for the WW, usually giving you a hellishly long WW across the screen. If you center the cursor fast enough, you can have a WW practically in place, allowing you to initiate triangular WWs if your target is locked up.

6. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

if you really want to be bm. you can have 1 3+ cta on switch and a lifetap/amp charge wand. cast before you whirl in and it sorta evens out the battle. or you can always pelt em with widow and let OW get em. be sure to shoot and switch to axes so if they charge, you can whirl away for a easy hit.

7. mcm

mcm Banned

I think soc getting a 2 button mouse and about 20 more levels would be more useful than anything else at this point...

8. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

agreed. you really cant hit much with a level 70ish barb.. when your 90.. then you'll see the ownage ~_~.