Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trouble with SmiterZZ

Discussion in 'Druid' started by IMCanadian, Sep 11, 2006.

1. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Trouble with SmiterZZ

I'm doing pubbies, since the east community does not except me:rolleyes: :wink3: , and I beat about 40% of smiterz I duel, for me this number is to low. The ones I beat have a combination of low poison res, not so high defense. I've tried pretty much every combination of gear I have, and nothing seems to work better. This has include ebotdz, ss, jalal, dungo; ebotdgpa, CoA(ber,ber), dungo, dracs (switched for trangs sometime), grief, ss, jalal, dungo, ebotdgpa, cerbrus, dungo, dracs (or switched for trang), I also tried Bramble and CoH as armors, but I mostly use Fort.

My Jalal isnt shaeld yet, so I cant reach the 86 bp, is this really nessessary? I havnt found that my extra range seems to kick in. What should I do, or what am I doing wrong? My total possible AR is about 20k.

IMC :grin:

2. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Are you standing toe to toe?

What I find to work sometimes when I have trouble hitting them is snap off your inital attack {well i'm not rabies, so thats for you - hit em with rabies}. Then after they are infected run/walk away from them out of their range and do a shift fury here and there.

If they get wise & your running they will charge - just smack em again with rabies {it wont increase your poison damage or reset it, but it will cause some minor physical damage}.

This works really well on greif phase blade smiters due to their lack of range, and even better if your using that ebotd gpa.

3. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Your AR is too low. My gear vs. Smiters is EBOTD GPA and Angelics combo with one and only sometimes two of the rings. Exile has freezes target so a Raven usually stays on. Shaeled Cerberus is also another stashed helm I often use. With Cerberus, two Angelic rings and ammy, and HoW I can hit over 40k AR. I am contemplating trying Hsarus combination and possibly keeping Highlords and Ravens on. Then again I don't win many more duels with smiters then you do so...

4. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

I too have cerbrus in stash, but I use Oak, im a vita build, ATM I only have
    6k life tho, since oak isnt maxed and not all stats q's are done. When I shift fury, it doesnt effect em at all and my rabies doesnt work fast enough. I need to up my fhr.

IMC :grin:

5. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

That's because you are missing them. There's no secret way to own smiters. Pump up that AR and go balls out with Fury.