Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trouble With resists for my MF Lightning Javazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by InterFace, Mar 11, 2004.

1. InterFace

InterFace IncGamers Member

Trouble With resists for my MF Lightning Javazon

Can anyone help me out? i am in nm right now and all my resists are negative...im not really wearing much resists obviously. I was wondering if anyone had come up with a good equipment setup that provided good mf and good res and decent killing speed (always decent with high lvl LF though...)

currently using:

Tgods
    Waterwalks
    Titans
    Set Round sheild
    rare +2 jav / mf / dex gloves
    all res rare ring
    manald
    twitchthroe armor
    rare ama circlet
    eye of etlich

Lvl 50 amazon, just breezed through NM solo

2. InterFace

Forgot to mention this is HC btw.

3. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

First i'd probally switch your whistans for a nice rhyme grim shield or 2 pdiamond mosers. Secondly if your dead set on using whistans switch your armor for a smoke. Also try to find a ammy with better resist, there can be some pretty sweet rare ammy with skills res and str/dex.

4. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

Dahkar is dead on about the shields. The Rhyme gets you a little res all and mf with CBF....but the moser's will get you tons of res all.

The other item that is begging to be replaced is the armor. Twitch doesn't do you much good at all. Just about anything would be better. If you still need resists after you select a new shield...get a res all armor....otherwise shoot for an MF armor.

I also second Dahkar's suggestion for an amulet change. Your Etlich is fine for now...but keep an eye out for something better....ama skills....res....etc.

Also...for down the road...keep an eye out for a fast, high damage spear. You'll want it on weapon switch to deal with LIs in Hell....unless you have another plan.

Good luck.

nid

5. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

I play sc but my zon rocks through hell on her own and mosers is the way to go with decent blocking and 63 res all really frees up alot of space for life/mf for youre hc mfder.

P.S. rem that gcs can be cubed to res all gcs with 15% and a decent second mod! I made my javazon a 14res all 25 life gc ive been using forever.

6. InterFace

I am currently trying to trade for a tals armour, good resists and mf and defense...I think with that, plus belt(dont know if want to sacrifice tgods for it) and helm, get hte set mf bonus...any input?

7. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

There's not doubt that the mf bonus and resists from tal rasha set will be a huge boost. - hope you can obtain Tal Armor.

In the event that you can't obtain Tal Armor or decide not to get it, you can try Smoke runeword armor. Nef + Lum will get you 50 resist all, a little fhr, and a slight boost in defense.

8. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

Ya...one thing to remember is...even with a 2 PDiamond Moser's.....as soon as you move on to Hell...you're going to have this same problem. Right now...it looks like you're only wearing 1 item with resistances...a res all ring. The Smoke runeword mentioned is probably the easiest way to get a bunch of resists on an armor. A good Vipermagi would work as well....and a Durial's is another option.

The 3 piece Tal's thing would probably be a good idea for an MF build....but as another poster hinted at....the Tal's armor isn't going to come easy.

Good luck!

nid

9. InterFace

Ok, i did manage to swindle that Tals Plate last night. Now i am left in a dillema

My amazon is lvl 68, 3 lvls from tals armour. I dont know if i want to use helm/armour/belt for mf bonus, or if i should just use armour, tgods and shako or something(shako is only thing i dont have). Any input? mf bonus v lightning absorb...im only really plannin on pindle/eldricht/shenk, so all input is welcome.

10. Mistress

Mistress IncGamers Member

You did the right thing getting Tals Armour. I used it religiously till mid-80's. I also used my pdiamond mosers as well. I traded something (don't remember what ) for a Tiara's Guardian with +55 resist all and no freeze. Boots were mainly gore riders and of course I used titans. Gloves varied but I preferred my +2 skills with mods or Laying of Hands for bosses. The rings varied. The MF from Tals Armours was enough to drop me lots of goodies with little worried of getting killed. I will never trade my tals armour away. Of course I've now found 5 of them. :thumbsup:

If you are going to do Pindle/Shrenk/Eld runs , which is my primary source of income, my 93 zon makes the runs hands down in 3 mins. She wears a shako, skullders, chancies, naegs, war travs, cresent moon, 198 eth titans, and a pdiamond'd stormshield (all found with tals armour ). I can't remember all the charms (+skillers, anni, mfsc ). Even the LI monsters fall to my zon. I can proudly say I stood toe to toe with DClone and jabbed him to death. Took a few minutes but I didn't die.

I'm now looking at moving into the PVP world but I'm sure I won't fair well till I learn a few of the tricks.

Sorry for the long reply, but I'm so proud of the ZON class that I will hellp and encourage anyone to play one.

Cya On-line,

Mistress