Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Triple PvP Matriarch thread – Vivien, Blitzy and Inoe

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by frozzzen, Jun 25, 2010.

1. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Triple PvP Matriarch thread – Vivien, Blitzy and Inoe

Idea:

In light of recent events like Pyro's giveaway and me quitting from SPF Ladder I had to do something. Skillers that I plundered from Pyro :)p) had no right to sit dormant in stashes. They had to be used, and more specificly, used in Blood Moor. I already had plans for making 200 fcr ES fire sorceress and lite sorceress. One day I was digging trough Pyro's stashes and found something interesting – Glacial Coronet of Magus with two open sockets. My first tought was „Well this could be base for cold sorceress…“ but after a while I realized that Nightwing simply destroys that coronet. Unless... unless I would try to make 200 fcr cold sorc? What? Who made this one ever? It's not worth sacrificing ton of dmg and mana/life to reach 200 fcr. Or is it? I really couldn't answer this question. Probably not worth, but fact that I could have cover all three element of sorceress build combined with 200 fcr and used for PvP, now who wouldn't like this idea. Confirmation came in 5 minutes after I found Bahamut's ring of Apprentice in Pyro's stashes and idea was set in stone.

I had several high level sorceress already and they didn't get too much love. I wanted to change that. Planned level for each of them was 95 since It's fairly easy to get to 95 with Infinity, sorceress and couple of Tokens.

Matriarch Vivien – 200fcr/142fhr PvP Fireball/ES sorceress

History:

Many of you know Vivien. She was very active mp character of mine and reached lvl 95 long time ago. Since then I haven't played with her. She was also active member of PvP, so she knows how to cut ears and how to save hers from being cut. She was lite sorceress in her times, but her name simply wasn't fitting to be lite. She wanted to burn those fellows. Tokens are wonderful.

LCS

Gear:

Helm: 1.07 Valk Wing (Shaeld for 20 fhr)
    Amulet: 2/20 sorceress with 43 mana
    Weapon: Hoto
    Armor: 35/13 Vipemagi socketed with Um rune
    Shield: 35 fcr/112 mana Spirit
    Ring1: 10fcr/117 mana
    Belt: Arach
    Ring2: SoJ
    Gloves: Magefist
    Boots: 15/15/60 Treks

Beta CtA (+14 BO)/random Spirit
    Prebuff gear for lvl 40 ES
    Snowclash if I need Chilling armor
    10 x Fire skiller (12 fhr 16,17,17,21,24,25,28,30,31 life)
    10 x mana/life small charms with average 13.8 life and 12.5 mana per inventory slot

Skills:

20 Telekinesis
    1 Teleport
    18 Energy Shield

20 Fireball
    20 Firebolt
    12 Meteor
    8 Fire Mastery
    1 Warmth

…and it ended up like this. When making her I compared it to most recent Fireball/ES sorceress made by Pyro – notorious Sapphire. I knew that without lvl 97 like Sapphire and without prebuff from skillers I could not get damage like her. So I set some minor goals:
    12000 Fireball dmg, 20000 Meteor dmg, 1000 life,3000 mana, 200 fcr,142 fhr (that was acomplished fairly easy – 50 Valk +55 Spirit + 20 Treks + 12 skiller + 5small charm = 142).
    All goals met except 12000 fireball dmg. LCS displays 11-12k so it's slightly lower then I wanted. I also have dmg setup that gives me -15 to enemy fire ress, but I doubt that I will use it unless I have poison necro with Lower ress as my ally :D

Conclusion:

Fire/ES sorceress are quite dominant in SPF PvP so I have no doubts that she will preform ok. I tried dueling my RL friend already and she was great even with mass sorb on. Some Fireball traps are part of my arsenal and only experience will make it better.
    Have fun gainst her :)

Matriarch Blitzy – 200/86 PvP Lite/ES sorceress

History:

Blitzy was my first charater since I started hanging on forums and generaly with legit play. She was matted long ago in 1.12a. Her original build was maxblock Meteorb, strugling with 2000 fireball dmg trough Hell. She made it and eventualy became my LK runner. She found 2 x Sur runes back in 1.12a enabling me to make Enigma, and then she was retired. Not long ago in 1.13c I clicked on her and did one LK run. I found Ith rune and tought that this surely isn't fate of my first character. She was lvl 87. Respec was must and Baals took her up to 95. Again respec to make her PvP. Now she is much happier in her current state.

LCS

Gear:

Helm: 20/24 Griffon
    Amulet: 2 lite/20fcr with 31PR and 25%plr
    Weapon: Hoto
    Armor: 35/13 Vipemagi socketed with Um rune
    Shield: 35 fcr/112 mana Spirit
    Ring2: SoJ

10 x Lite skiller (12 fhr 21,24,24,25,25,27,29,30,38 life)
    10 x mana/life small charms with average 13.8 life and 12.5 mana per inventory slot

Skills:

1 Warmth
    20 Telekinesis
    1 Teleport
    8 Energy Shield

20 Lightling
    20 Lite Mastery
    20 Nova
    13 Charged Bolt
    1 Thunderstorm
    1 Chain Lightling

Light sorceress has next to no advantage over fire in terms of PvP. In fact lower Lightling breakpoints hurt her a bit. I had no PvP sorc to compare with mine so I wanted to get same average dmg like on my Fire sorceress. Ended up with 1 – 24k lightling what is good enough.
    She still needs to be tested and with my internet conection being stable as frenzied barb who broke with his girlfriend, I don't think that would be possible at the moment. I'll wait for one happpy day when I get new wireless stick for internet and then you are roast :evil:

Conclusion:

Not much to conclude here. I'm happy that I didn't have to invest too much in ES here due to lite skillers. I love lightling sorceress. It's my favorite element so I hope this build will work. Wish me good luck on higher dmg rolls when I hit them with lightling ;)

Matriarch Inoe – 200/86 PvP FO/ES sorceress

History:

Inoe was part of SP ladder. She found alot, and she was very fun to play. In her good times she was even no1 of Ladder, but since I lost some nice items I quited playing Ladder and since then she was not used. Level 94 was nice base to rework her in PvP character and 94-95 was done in one day. Not too much trouble. Her build is little weird. Frozen Orb is timered skill so there is no use of geting 200 fcr on her. While that may be true she can still swap to105 whenever I want, adding Fathom (tnx nulio for returning my old selffound Fathom, it was in spam), NWV (also tnx nagi) some SoJs and similar. However she was a themed build. She had to work with 200 fcr like other two girls. Obviously Glacial Coronet of Magus was core of this build. Now, how to get maximum dmg output with 200 fcr? I had idea of using Ormus robes for sick %csd, but in that case I had to wear 50fcr weapon. So it ended up in wizzy vs Suicude branch. Suicide branch won this duel since 40 life is nice and one bonus skill is also plus. Besides I wanted to stuff Cold Facet in weapon so 75dex req of wizzy would kill purpose of its nice mana/lvl.

LCS

Gear:

Helm: Glacial Coronet of Magus with 2 x perfect Cold Facets
    Amulet: 2/15fcr with 18 PR
    Weapon: eth Suicide Branch with +5/-4 Facet
    Armor: 14%csd ES Ormus with +5/-4 Facet
    Shield: 35 fcr/111 mana Spirit
    Ring2: 10fcr/97 mana

10 x Cold skillers (12 fhr and rest are plain ones)

Skills:

1 Warmth
    20 Telekinesis
    1 Teleport
    18 Energy Shield

20 Frozen Orb
    20 Ice Bolt
    20 Cold Mastery

Pretty clear skills no? :) While making this sorc I was comparing her to Darkoooo's Leda. My goal to break 1000 avg FO dmg was met. I tought that Ice bolt would do some dmg but it ended up very bad. Even one point Ice Blast is better, but again Bolt takes next to no mana so it can be used while on mana recovery. Even Blizzard can be used vs low life characters or atleast as psychological advantage and area denying She was made kinda on budget os expectations were lower for her (+700 life, +2500 mana) but all were reached.

Conclusion:

Will it work? No clue. It is obvious that she is undergeared comparing her to two other sorceress in terms of skillers mostly. While other two sorceress have nice offensive game I don't think that will be case here. No pdr, mdr or life regen with only 788 life makes her quite fragile. All can be fixed in 105 fcr setup by using Gladiator's bane socketed with Dol rune, but I still have some duels to do with her and some testing. She will just spam Orb hoping that someone will land in middle of explosion and have nice keepaway game. 200 fcr should help here.

Overal conclusion:

Yay I've done it. There are still couple of PvP projects in motion, but as for now of my 13 active characters 8 of them is PvP capable. Still I have singer, ghost, trapper to make, and I still don't have PvP amazon. I'll get into this later. I must have some kind of zon for PvP.
    With this project finished I feel like a big burden was lift of my heart.

If you survived reading this feel free to post comment, flame me for being noob and so on :)

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: Triple PvP Matriarch thread – Vivien, Blitzy and Inoe

*sigh*

Nasty looking things... but can you play them properly? :tongue: Nice work. :)

3. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia IncGamers Member

Nice! More axe fodder. :evil:

Its nice to see some of those items finally get some proper use. As soon as I gambled that glacial coronet of the magus I thought "Nice! Now what do I do with it?" I never figured out the answer to that but I am glad to see that you have.

I hope to one day have the honor of being on a team with Vivien and infecting her with rabies. :D

See you on the moor soon.

4. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Congrats (x3) on the mats. I hope you kill lots of people and steal their ears.

5. VoX Dei

VoX Dei IncGamers Member

Very nice stuff there. 3 times Congrats on the Mats. May they give you baskets of tiny enemy ears :)