Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trigger PKing back? Weird experience in NM..

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by BigVF, Feb 10, 2004.

1. BigVF

BigVF IncGamers Member

Trigger PKing back? Weird experience in NM..

I was running through Act 1 NM in some public game with some other Necro, about my level (50's). So we're running through Blood Moor and he's lagging behind and stopping every so often, and most us develop an instinct that picks up on shady players and possible PKers. Well that instinct kicked right in but I said to myself, "Hell, he's just some Necro. Plus, we're too far away from the town border for him to do anything." (No offense to the Necro fanatics) We bust into the Den, and after a minute or so of killing he disappears. Dun dun dun. I checked up on my party screen, and he wasn't anywhere to be found. I should have known something was up, but I thought he dropped. He rejoins the game a few seconds later and doesn't say anything, so respectfully I do the same. A minute later he's back into the Den with me, killing and within a second I'm hostiled, he disappeares, and a few bone spears blow by me. They missed, that guy sucked at aiming I guess. There was no TP left behind, he wasn't in the game, and the bell just rang so I gotta get out of this class.

You guys think about it.

2. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Very odd. But given that 90% of people that play Necros suck at playing the Necro, this doesn't scare me too badly. And his Bone Spirit better do about 10,000 total damage PvM to take my sorc down. And about 30,000 to take down anyone who's running with BO and Sage.

I prefer PKing the old fashioned way. Hostile, hunt, kill. Easier to claim your prize that way.

3. ___

___ IncGamers Member

wow its to the point where they cant even stay in the game to even know if they killed you or not... this is the saddest method ive ever heard

4. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Sorry to bust your bubble, but that is an old glitch. What you describe is exactly the effects of an old glitch, that I have seen and replicated a few times.

There is a glitch/method that a person can use to drop a person who hostiles instantly. The conditions that are required to satisfy the glitch aren't widely known (I'm definately not going to reveal it), and can be done unintentionally - the chances of it occuring though are quite low, and often end up with people thinking they left/dropped from the the game.

You can also satisfy a slightly different set of conditions yourself and drop yourself with this - unintentionally and unaware of what actually happens.

No exit or drop message appears - the player simply dissapears from the game. The same glitch can also lead onto another further glitch that allows more than 8 people in the game. Alot harder to do, but since the "instant drop on hostile glitch" still exists I'm pretty sure the latter is also possible in 1.10

At first when I saw it I though the pker just dropped (back in 1.09 when I first stumbled across it). He rejoined and hostiled around 7 times that game - each time dropping instantly without any message. We (chatted with the guy for quite a while) eventually worked out that one player in the game was causing this, and further talking to the person causeing the glitch helped a bit to determine what was causing it.

Since the chances of the glitch occuring is relatively low for people who don't know it (pretty much everyone), you pretty much don't realise what exactly occured. You unknowingly satisfied the conditions for the glitch, and if the same player (or anyone else for that matter) was to come into that game and hostile you they would instantly drop with no exit message.

5. SonOfRah

I should also mention that the reason that the bone spirits blow past you is because he exited the game. The instant he left, the bone spirits were no longer "hostiled" to you and become unlocked from you. Pretty much all player projectiles/spells work this way, and if I remember rightly they no longer can cause any damage to any player or monster in the game.

6. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

Golemer, are you shure it was bone spears that he shot? I don't know if it's possible to be that fast with the buttons to pull off a manual tppk with bone spear. It's possible with bone spirit though.

SonOfRah, wether it was the bug/glitch that dropped the guy or not, it still had to be TPPK, either manually or with a new hack. It's just a program that emulates your mouse, and it should work in 1.10, they just fixed most of the skills it was possible with. I've seen a similar program working in 1.10 (one that clicks your items and drops them to the floor).

I don't think they can really see there is a program emulating your mouse. They "fixed" TPPK in the way skills work, and they fixed pindlebot by checking games you make and by just making pindle less rewarding. So a tppk hack that worked for bone spear/spirit in 1.09 might still work. This is all speculation off course, but AFAIK it's hard to detect such things (looking at the programming side of things).

7. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Go ahead and think that. But I don't think its true.

Bone spirit trigger still works people, BEWARE. I died to it recently (first pk death - and he was map-hacking scroll-locking and triggering). I'm not sure whether its like guided arrow used to be and PvP nerfing does NOT apply. Anyway, BS is all magic right? Are you saying you've got 95% magic resist? I doubt it. And since they're fired before the hostile button, I believe they do full (i.e. 2000-5000) dmg.

8. senji

senji Banned

lol... if bonespirit can do 10000 your sor will be dead i dont care if you got 75% es or not lol....
    most you can do is around 6k+ for bonespirit with all charms and gear
    so thats 1000 pvp damage a couple of those will sure take you out

9. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I told myself I wouldn't bother clarifying this anymore....

PvP penalty applies to whenever an attack or spell hits a player character. It has nothing to do with when the missle or spell is cast.

10. BigVF

BigVF IncGamers Member

Yes, I'm a 100% sure it was a bone spear, and thanks Rah and everyone for the input.

11. BtK-radth

BtK-radth IncGamers Member

it is possible to manually tppk, but its damn near impossible, or so im told from someone who has tried extensivly.

kard, rah was just sayin why the person dropped, which is the glitch.

12. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

there have been moments in the game when i'm playing and my friend notices a message that says I've exited bnet, when i'm still playing next to him.

he tells me i'm not listed as a player on his party screen. strange, but true. it hasn't happened for a while now though. perhaps an early v1.10 glitch that blizzard fixed.

are we talkign about the same or similiar things?

13. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Well, they're similar in the sense that they're completely opposite....

14. choc0

choc0 IncGamers Member

only after haldf or so of the ppl in the game leave almost automatically :gasp:

15. Phantom_Man

Phantom_Man IncGamers Member

Let me put some clarity on this.

Rah, no idea about the glitch, so you're right.

Anyway, TPPK does exist within necromancer skills. A few other classes are able to, but they are almost useless.
    -Bone Spirit, once in town and hostiled(the circumstances of a TPPK) DOES NOT TRACK! It will have to be aimed at you.
    -To whoever said they'd need 10k damage to kill you, you'd better think again. What sane TPPK'er fires just one Bone Spirit?
    -As for a hack TPPK, all I can say is, watch your back. It's not done yet though.
    -To TPPK with Bone Spear(even with a hack) is damn near impossible.

You don't need to be scroll locking to have a good shot. My 72 zon showed that perfectly.

My friend deleted all of my Internet cookies(had about 1.3Gig of them), so it took me a while to remember my password.

16. SonOfRah

I got a couple of pm's regarding the glitch.

So before I get anymore:
    1)There is no ill effects to anyone affected by the glitch. you drop immediately (as in 0.1seconds of hostiling).
    2)There is no known method of preventing it. Either the conditions are met or not.
    3)Effectively no-one knows the glitch due to the people affected by it think that they get dropped. They do get dropped - but not in the way they think. The only way you can tell is by the exit message (or lack thereof) of which someone has to notice....
    4)Anyone can unintentionally satisfy the conditions. The chances are very low because it has to do with what a player does when (s)he inittially joins the game. I have only been able to reproduce this glitch a few times, and I am certain we still don't know all of the necessary conditions.
    5)If you drop immediately after hostiling (you may think you drop normally as sometimes you experience the ussual time-outs), don't bother rejoining the game to hostile again. Find another game to do it.

I'm not going into any specifics, if that was the case then pking would die plain and simple. But like I said it rarely happens, and is often mistaken for your ussualy disconnect.

@Lyrs,
    no its a different glitch. You can manually disconnect your cd-key from bnet (thats the mesage saying that you exited bnet but you are still in the game) rather easily. I bet that when you exited those games when your friend said those messages occured you exited right out of bnet and had to reloggin again. In fact thats how d2loader -used- to allow multiple characters (same computer/cd-key) to join a game. but blizzard fixed that by requiring a cd-check when you join the game. You can try to join with another instance of d2 (same cd key) but one or both characters will drop ;)

It serves no practicle purpose (trust me, many many people have explored it), so there is no harm in saying how you can disconnect your cd key. Simply squelch/unsquelch anyone in the game about 4 or 6 times. When you no longer get the blue squelch/unsquelch message your cd key is disconnected. Now when you exit you will have to relogin, and you can only talk to people inside the current game you are in (no whispers to anyone outside the game including the /f msg commands).

When you are in the game but not in the party screen of your friend......well its similar to some extent. Very very hard to reproduce. Another 7 people would be able to join that game I would say.

17. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

Rah, ever considered getting the info you have to Blizzard so it can be fixed (if/when they ever feel like it :rolleyes: )?

kard, rah was just sayin why the person dropped, which is the glitch.

And I was just pointing out that this still doesn't exclude the possibility that there is a working TPPK hack out there...

18. SonOfRah

Done that ages ago. The trouble is that when we were testing it we still didn't understand it and how/why it worked so the information we gave was rather vague at best. There was also no way we could test any theories we could come up with either - without actually having a cheat enabled game executable.

Nothing to do with corrupt packets or anything of that sort as far as we could tell. Almost a case of "at the right place, at the right time".

19. ___

___ IncGamers Member

im just curious, and this may be totally unrelated to what you describe.. but whenever i used to use bo with call to arms (hotkeyed), but wasnt on switch (and that hotkey wasnt assigned).. the second i would hit it i would instantly drop with no notification (i would rejoin and friends would say "i didnt even know you dropped").. but it happened every single time.. like when i was on switch with c2a but didnt know it and switched back to normal weapon instead and hit hotkey.. bam instant c/i

sorry if this is unrelated..

20. SonOfRah

sounds related for sure, but I've never heard of it before.

Does it still occur? If it does and you can repeat it, then get a friend to hostile you and see what happens? Not being hopefull but it is a weird effect. :p