Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tried to start playing again... Epic Fail!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Big Tuna, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Big Tuna

Big Tuna Diabloii.Net Member

Tried to start playing again... Epic Fail!

So I reinstalled D2 and LOD the other day in hopes of some fun gaming. Sadly to my displeasure this game has become even worse then the last time I played it! I don't know if Blizzard has just given up on this game or what!?!?! I enter any game and the screen is just filled with advertisements. Despite the horrible spam, which is COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL, I continued playing. After about 3 days of on and off play I'm done! I just can't stand playing with bots!

Here's my take on the matter... I like the idea of leveling up a character, finding good loot, and having a unique character which is considered "good". I've come to realize that this is impossible with bots in the game! There is no way I would ever become as good as one of the million bots out there by simply playing here and there and not buying items from the retarded stores! Its just dumb and it ruins the whole game!

I can only hope they figure this S*** out for Diablo 3! Diablo 2 is a train wreck in it's current state. To be honest, it's been awful for the past 5 years or so! They should of rid the bots when they first started showing up.

Sorry, for the rant, but I felt it was necessary since bots are whats going to keep me from playing Diablo 2 which is my favorite game I've honestly ever played!

2. Marahumm

Marahumm Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Tried to start playing again... Epic Fail!

If all you're worried about is bots, I assure you there are none in single player mode :D. It's allowed me to fully enjoy the game all over again, with the challenge of no speedy lvling/acquiring of items, you can go at a nice easy pace and have 0% chance of running across an advertising bot.

3. Zorrah

Zorrah Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, for online games, passworded games to level 15, after level 15, allow no one under level 10 into any of your games.

4. Esta

Esta Diabloii.Net Member

Exactly what I do...works like a charm

5. Draxal

Draxal Diabloii.Net Member

How i look at it when you start a game and 5 bots join, better for mf as they linger around for about 1-2 mins plenty of time for pindle/eld/shenk

6. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Diabloii.Net Member

That's that!

7. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

Clearly it isn't your favourite game if you can't even endure a little spam across the entire screen, blocking everything and making you die.

8. Shaigon

Shaigon Diabloii.Net Member

Only really a problem when joining other people's games. If you create the game yourself just make sure you level restrict it.

But I agree the bots are a problem, and they are very, very annoying.

LOL. You made me spit out my delicious lemonade.

9. TurbulentTurtle

I'm just questioning his dedication.

10. derley

derley Diabloii.Net Member

Did you try "character difference" option? hint: all spam bots are lvl1-4 :)

11. butchie

butchie Diabloii.Net Member

No arguing that bots are a big problem in d2, but i don't get how they prevent you from enjoying the game (besides the spambots which can be negated easily).

12. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

The "N" button is your friend.

13. ShadowLordX

ShadowLordX Diabloii.Net Member

Oh yeah, I agree with everything he said man, single player is so much better. I was like you once played on b.net thinking it would be more fun than single player due to the fact of the interaction with other players. Nope single player is, play at your pace, and get everything that drops. On b.net I would never get anything from Big D or baal because the other players always beat me to it, in single player its all yours.

14. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

I never thought of that before. Thanks for the advice.

15. Dymetreus

Dymetreus Diabloii.Net Member

To some extent, I can about fully agree. I have a huge problem playing single-player for a couple of reasons, however.

While I don't mind taking it slow, however most builds I choose are beneficial in the later levels, not the early ones. The some-what new (considering I just started playing again) resetting stats/skills in a sense, solved this problem, unless I wish to do it more then once, which normally becomes the case, as I make mistakes once in awhile.

I absolutely love being a healer, Paladin heals are epic, however it's very boring in single-player, and inefficient, later levels.

Normally I'd say multi-player for me is more fun, but now and days, no one does rushes for forge, or even do so for friends, some of the time. I've killed a lot of time just trying to get to simple places, I have made a very fascinating build, but can't truly put it to the test till I get a rush, which seems, impossible.

Either one, too little amount of people, or two, forges are no longer a good source of drops? Not sure how it is now and days, at any rate, no one does 'em. I've offered my forge, and all drops for two days, none, no whispers, or even replies. One reply, actually, "just go play wow lol".

Back on subject.. I'm disappointed with all the bots too, and little work being done to stop it. While I agree, it can be avoided for the most part, however I shouldn't have to set levels just so me and a friend don't get our whole screen spammed by advertisements, it should be to some extent under control.

Seems like to me single-player is the only way to go, unless you want to be let down, which is a good experience.. but how can you expect to be stuck to a game for more then a month after you've beaten it? No need for gear, as long as you beat it, you obviously can do it again, so that means no need to work harder to obtain better gear, leveling further once more gives no more benefits, only to beat the game a little easier.

On multi-player, you're competing against, and helping others, so you have a reason to take those extra steps.

Just wish the game was still thriving.. Hell, I've yet to get a reply on the forum topic to meet up with other people. 1 Viewer? Wow.. :( (I'm sure there's more at a better time, but I'm the last one to reply on that forum, last I checked.. it's been about a day, I believe. >_>)

16. Sumsum

Sumsum Diabloii.Net Member

I love diablo 2, my friends, everything.

But those god damn spammers need to go away somehow.

I made a act 1 hell game today and i got over 50 bots spamming the whole screen under 5 minutes.

Im tired of pressing N.

Edit and oh the high level req to join game doesnt work. Lots of bots at level 80. This is getting complicated, GRRR!

17. TurbulentTurtle

Sup Eddy.

[​IMG]

It's like those viruses on MSN where people randomly send you an ad. Sometimes I like copying and pasting those messages and sending them to other people on my friends list. Or making my own stupid ads and see if people respond.

18. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

You are crazy Kenny =x

19. Black Market

Black Market Diabloii.Net Member

Sometimes i dream that i go on these resellers websites and spam the hell out of their customer service system with complains of all kind. It must feel so good to flood their system with spam until they crash and die. Eye for an eye biatch.

They have no respect at all for the players and yet they manage to make a business out of this. It depress me.

20. Gorny

Gorny Banned

^^
    I haven't seen you around these parts in a while.

Hiding under your homemade wolf helm there?