Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tricky People On Bnet(oh they are bad!)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Mr.Bogohossian, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Tricky People On Bnet(oh they are bad!)

Scamming Alert
    Just another warning that as i have posted in the trade channel. *yaggers is a scammer. Details in post in Trade forum.

Swap Trick
    I have seen people doing this again, yesterday at night. i was sitting in channel and this guy spammed ENGIMA FOR ANY SHAKO OR SS!!!. So i msged him. He made game i joined. Then he showed me this Enigma duskshround. I put my shako up and pressed accept. He was full(on purpose) so we have to do it again. Then same thing happened. After 4 times of this foolishness, he has confidence to trick me and he thought i might be impatient. So he quickly put up a plain ghost armour and clicked accept real fast. Of course i didnt do it, and he exited right away. Just a warning here.

His acc name is *HC.Pat

Town Hack Kill Explained.

Yup guys, its real and the worst of all is that its not a hack. Its a bug. One warning here is that when dueling and the other person is hostiled to you standing outside. You either go and fight him or stay far far back. DO NOT STAND AT GATE EXIT/TOWN EXIT!!! I REPEAT DO NOT!!.

I know how this town hack works. If anyone want me to explain. I will. I will decide based on how many people would like me to tell.

2. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

Well explain it too all HC users on this board which sounds pretty fair to me

3. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Nice heads up on the scammer / trader....

Re: the townkill method... it has been spoken about on various threads. But if u want to explain go right ahead. :thumbsup:

4. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Hah. Hc.Pat..he's a bloody joke. Wouldn't duel me at all, instead telling me to go duel Beef and if I survived he'd duel me then. Ofcourse he didn't, saying he needs to remake his barb...what a frickin joke.

5. ZeonZaku

ZeonZaku IncGamers Member

Best swapper I saw was for a shako. He threw up the shako I clicked trade, he closed the window and then opened again.. However.. NO shako, just a normal emerald socketed cap. keke ^ ^;;;

6. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Alrighty, since town kill bug seems to be no big secret i will write down what i know about it. This method works and might not be the only method to do it.

First town kill can be done with one person, or better two person.
    lets put them into 2 category
    The killer(the guy who actually kills you)
    The setup(the guy in town, will explain this further down)

Alright, this how it works.
    The setup can be a necro, druid, sin, zon. The four classes that can summon pets/golems/valk etc while standing in town. Necro is a better choice here because they usually have higher mana to cast and there is no casting delay.

The killer can be any char, because the invention of “enigmaâ€. Any char can teleport. The best char is a hammerdin. Because he can have a very high lvl of concentration, boosting the damage of merc. *** now a side note on the merc, this is the big weapon right here. Your merc must be an act 1 rogue merc. With the highest damage bow you can find (eagle/wf). Back to the hammerdin, another advantage of a hammerdin is that really good hammerdins are fearsome; no body will fight you, leaving you the safest char to be teleporting outside of town. Of course, an enchantress would be good as well, for the damage on merc reason.

Now this how it goes. Killer is hostile to the whole crowd in a1, including the setup(maybe a friend). Killer is so highly equipped, everyone is just wondering around the edge of town. Now setup stands at exit as well, behind the fence or behind other chars if it’s on bridge. Now setup keep on casting golems. And the killer teleports around with his merc as the merc shoots down each golem. Now this is the tricky part, golems are being cased at a fast speed as the killer teleports back and forth letting his merc hit the golem. The reason they doing this is not to try to do something fun, it’s a trick of when the arrow hits the golem it will miss sometimes and goes directly into town. Hitting your char. With a high power hammerdin, a windforce act 1 merc can do 6k damage, that’s 3k after pvp ½ penalty. That’s enough to kill any sorc/zons/pallies in the game.

Now I know that sounds like crazy, but I been struck by that same method and luckily survived, Yes I was in town. Hell ya I didn’t even move a finger when I got shot by an arrow.

By Bogo

sorry i have spilled out the infos, if any mod think this should not be shown, then delete it.

7. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

I had heard of this bug some time ago, but thought it only affected the onlookers watching duels. The reports of ppl getting killed by stash aroused my concerns.

I still can't understand how ppl can be killed near their stash, as some have reported.

At the entrance to town, there is a wooden wall which should prevent projectiles getting near stash.
    So really it should only affect the onlookers at edge of town?

8. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

That wall isn't always there.

9. Cleglaw_Himself

Oh, I thought it was.
    That would explain it then!!

10. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

isn't there a range limitation here though? i mean, arrows don't go forever do they?

11. ramadash

ramadash IncGamers Member

townkill now works when u r in middle of town. they get you in trade screen and ask you to show equip, and, dont ask me how, i dont know! they get the merc arrow to go true a tp and kill someone right in middle of town.

so NEVER trade and show ur stuff when someone is hostile to you, espetially clan_killaz if you play on west, they got this nasty tp trick. i gotta figure out how they do this

12. Cleglaw_Himself

Thx for the west tip.
    I am always wary of ppl in dueling games trying to get you into the trade screen, but arrows going through tp's in town is just ridiculous! Hurry Blizzard, fix fix fix!

13. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Very creative method. Thanks for the info.

If someone is willing to go through that much trouble just to townkill, then so be it. At least it wasn't some hack out there that can be exploited by everyone at the touch of a button. You gotta work to get it to work.

I'm sure Blizzard is right on it tho. ;)

14. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

yup, not everyone can town kill you. only the best of the best with elite gears. so its unlike trigger zons in 1.09.

15. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

not so sure about this going through tp thing. Since I have multiple computers I tried to do a non lethal trial to see how this works. Yes the arrows would hit my guy in town near the entrance but it did not appear like they could actually go through a tp.

If people are seeing arrows come out of tps then I would like a screen shot of it. (I am from Missouri so Show me ;))

16. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

i have never heard of a tp arrow either, probably just a myth to hype things up. town exit/gate kill is a 100% proven true bug.

17. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

Does anyone know if that is only in Rogues? Most of the other threads only mention rogues camp but Lut Gohlein sometimes has a nice clear path all the way to the tp's (depends on it the gate is up bt Greiz (sp?) or at Drognan)