Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tri Elemental Meleesorc skill tree opinions

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ScottyDsntKnow, Jul 12, 2008.

1. ScottyDsntKnow

ScottyDsntKnow IncGamers Member

Tri Elemental Meleesorc skill tree opinions

After taking a gander at all the melee and tri builds I kind of want to try something else although it's probably been done. I was thinking doing a dual dream melee which HAS been done to death for my main lightning and fire skills and using orb as my main attack spell. Orb will wreck everything through nightmare anyways so I can lvl pretty good up to high 60s doing that.

Anywho for the skill tree I was thinking:

20 orb
    20 lightning mastery(for dualdream damage)
    20 enchant
    20 fire mastery
    8 cold mastery
    1 teleport
    1 tk
    1 static
    1 ice bolt
    1 frost nova
    1 ice blast
    1 glacial spike
    1 blizzard
    1 fire bolt
    1 fireball
    1+ the rest into warmth to synergy enchant or possibly ice bolt to synergy orb if it isn't doing enough damage.

So that's 99 skill points total with the rest going to enchant or ice bolt for the synergies.

Stats would be

str-enough to use armor and shields I need(probably 156 with items)
    dex-enough to maintain max block
    vit-everything else, as high as it can go
    eng-base

Strategy would be to have a massive lightning/fire melee attack with orb to back it up/slow down enemies and an act 2 nm merc equipped with the typical infinity combo.

Anyone see any problems with this or has it been done to death already(probably has)?

I think that this would be great at just about everything. No immunes to worry about at high lvls and I think it would be very fun/challenging.

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Tri Elemental Meleesorc skill tree opinions

Orb's a great skill, but for a melee sorc like this, I'd just get a strong mercenary (preferably with Infinity) to tackle the occasional lightning&fire immune you encounter. That way you can synergize your Enchant with Warmth, and have extremely strong fire and lightning damage damage.

Nevertheless, I don't think this idea has been done often, and you would definitely kick some butt. But your fire damage will suffer (needlessly, in my opinion).

3. ScottyDsntKnow

ScottyDsntKnow IncGamers Member

Re: Tri Elemental Meleesorc skill tree opinions

I dunno, I'd want to have a ranged spell and orb is the cheapest one that can still do respectable damage in hell difficulty. Meteor, fireball, spike, blizzard and all the lightning spells need synergies to stay really effective. Orb will kick *** at lvl 20 with some into CM and plus items.

Also with 20 enchant and dual dreams I'd be kicking around a ton of damage even without warmth being fully synergized. I just don't think a sorc without any range at all is a very good idea and for a tri build this is the best I could come up with. I know there are some REALLY buff two element melee sorcs out there but I'd like to be a little different with a tri. I doubt I could do the ubers solo like those did though...