Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Treks or Travs?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SucksAtDiablo, Apr 26, 2008.

1. SucksAtDiablo

SucksAtDiablo IncGamers Member

Treks or Travs?

Well its a question on boots now. Wee.

Here's my arguements.

Travs have the magicfind. Im a meteorb sorc using Full tals with 2 ptopzes total, nagels (50+mf), and 39% chancies with gull\rhyme switch. Is it worth more mf?

Treks have a bit more str. Only a max of 5 more, but I need that towards being able to wear spirit. Also, the 40-70% poison resist would be nice, because my current hell poison resist is only around 25.

Which would be more efficient to me? Treks or Travs?

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Treks or Travs?

Do you find Poison troublesome? (read: Poison Damage is likely to kill you, or near-kill you, during what you're doing with this sorc)?

If yes, then I'd choose Treks
    If no, then I'd choose Wartrav's

... it depends on your playstyle and where your sorc roams as much as anything, in my opinion. Personally, I don't worry too much about my poison resists as long as it's "in the positives", and the extra ~5 strength is pretty insignificant... So that pretty much summarizes my opinion that Wartravs is better. However, if I found my hit-recovery to be too slow... :tongue:

3. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

If you're running nihil: Treks all the way.

If you aren't : Travs.

4. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I always liked Treks because of the 20% FHR...invaluable IMO.

5. Borje

Borje Banned

Well, like poop said: unless you have a real problem with psn then don't turn WT down. Also, worth noting is that you would probably be better off with magefists or Trangs gloves instead of Chancies this will take you to 70 FCR which nicely hits the 63% FCR bp. When you get your spirit you will have 50% from full tals, 20% from gloves and 25-35 from spirit. If you get a perfect spirit, which you really want to, you will hit the 105 bp perfectly. Unless it's a pft spirit you will need a FCR ring to hit the BP. 105 is, imo, miles ahead of the 63 - it's so much faster and safer to tele.

Even if you loose the Chancies and a Nagel you will have around 215 mf from tals set, 30-50 from WTs, ~25 from nagel and I suppose you have access to at least a mid Gheeds (these are not expensive - just get as high MF as you can afford) for another 20-40 MF you will end up at 290-330 MF. This is enough without a doubt and with the 105 BP you will make you run Pits pretty fast along with meph/andy and a lot of other common MF-spots for a meteorb. With you kill-switch you will get another 125 MF at boss kills which will give you a really nice MF =)

so... use WTs unless you really die a lot to psn... and aim for the 105 FCR BP ;)

6. SucksAtDiablo

I dont really die a lot to poison, I usually lose about half hp. Maybe Ill stick with travs so I can use magefist for fcr. The extra 5 str would be good for me though because I have to get a certain number of str bonuses to be able to wear spirit.

7. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

if you dont have a sorc-torch already, get one. if you cant afford a sorc-torch, get a cheap one for another class (low nec-torches cost around 10 pgs). at least 10 to all resists and - even more important for you - 10 or more to all stats. this should allow you to use your spirit.

8. mibir

mibir IncGamers Member

I am currently using war travs on my Meteorb who is also using full tals and it works beautifully.

I'd also agree with Borje about the 105 FCR breakpoint. It is WAY better than 63. Getting there really is a must. I'm wearing Full tals(50%), magefists(20%), and perfect spirit(35%) and it that gets me to exactly 105%. I would recommend the setup. Do not overlook the magefists, 20% FCR, +1 Fire Skills, and 25% Mana regen are some pretty sweet mods.

9. SucksAtDiablo

I need at least 13\xx on the torch, think I could get a decent nec or druid one for cheap? And an anni with the same?

10. mibir

mibir IncGamers Member

You could probably get a 13 stat non pally/sorc torch for around pul. Anni's are a bit more expensive/harder to get but a 13 stat one with low exp gain you could probably get for um.

11. SucksAtDiablo

I think Im going treks. For this reason.

I got a 20\10 dru torch for a pul\chancies. Pillz rates this at mal value so Im happy. I also BIN'd on 15\11 treks. Putting my str at 145. 2 levels and ill have 155 (level 83.) 1 off spirit. By then I should have found\rolled a +1 str at least small charm. Bam, spirit. I also think I have enough mf. around 200 from tals (body\head ptopazed) and a gull rhyme switch puts me at ~ 300%. Diminishing return kicks in, and I like speed\survivability > mf so. Treks it is :O

12. Borje

Borje Banned

Diminishing returns will start to kick in mostly after 250 so if you are running areas (and you don't switch for every single kill) you could get you mf up some 50 more. Like I said earlier: I recommend a cheap gheeds fortune!

13. SucksAtDiablo

Got one 24% ;)