Treasure Drops

Bolinbrooke

Diabloii.Net Member
Treasure Drops

Can a Random Unique Boss drop/spawn items that the standard version of that monster cannot drop?

Vorbiss

Diabloii.Net Member
If I understand your question, the answer is yes, there are. For example th normal monsters in any 85 lvl are can't drop Tyrael's Might/Azurewrath/Crown of Ages/Arachnid's Mesh/few others I can't remember right now(due to qlvl of the item > mlvl of the monsters there(85)), while the boss monsters in those areas are able to drop virtually every item in the game. :)
Hope I understand what you wanted to ask! :teeth:

factotum

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe random unique bosses get a +3 to their Mlvl compared to a normal critter of the same type, which is why level 85 areas are so often run; random bosses there get an Mlvl of **, which as Vorbiss correctly says is high enough to drop anything in the game!

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not 100% sure, but I think there is a bit more.

the monster/area level first decides which treasure class can fall.

But before a unique can be made of it the qlvl (compared to monster/area level) requirement has to be fullfilled as well.

And some monsters/areas allow treasure classes but do not allow the unique versions of all the base items in the treasure classes. That's where the failed uniques come from.

Randall

Joutaja

Diabloii.Net Member
If some monster in some area can drop up to TC84 and I then encounter a Boss pack of the same monster type on the same area, can that boss and/or his minions drop up to TC87?

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
Joutaja, possibly, but it depends.
There is no direct link between mlvl and TC, although the numbers run very close so people do tend to assume they are the same thing.
But +3 mlvl does not automatically mean +3 TC.
Example, being eg mlvl 80 lets a normal monster drop up to TC78, while a boss in the same area would be mlvl 83 and able to drop TC87 (a big difference). But at the same time a normal monster of mlvl 76 can drop TC75, while his boss at mlvl 79 can only just drop TC78.

It's complicated. But a general rule of thumb is that random bosses (and their minions) can drop about a TC higher than the rest of the level.