Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Travincal Zealot - Time to aim for?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Skinbo, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skinbo

Skinbo Diabloii.Net Member

Hello fellow SP'ers,

Just wanted to pose a question about running Trav with a Fanat Zealot in single player. I am currently getting about 45-53 seconds on average, without teleport (using charge mostly). The aim is to be fast, efficient to find HRs. I know cold sorc or barb would be more efficient, but I just like playing pally.

What is a feasible time to aim for? Could I get to 30-35 second runs?

Current gear is as follows:

Guillaume's (Um)
    Duress Archon Plate
    Grief PB
    Laying of Hands
    Eth Exile Gilded Shield [email protected] (yea I know, I just couldn't wait to find another eth base)
    Dungos/Tgods/String of Ears (which would you say is best for trav?)
    Gore Riders
    Highlords
    Dwarf Star
    Ravenfrost (250 AR)

Charms are mostly Sharp GCs, A few nice Fine SCs, some Toxic SCs, and the rest MF SCs

Also, I'm not using a merc because he keeps dying. I don't have a Reaper's Toll, but would it even help with all the lifetap I'm casting via Exile?

any suggestions on how to make this guy faster would be appreciated. I want to farm a Lo hopefully soon for a Fortitude, but I'm thinking there is a better combo for jewelry and maybe

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018
  2. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

You need decrep for be able to do them on players 3 fast. It provides double damage (reducing their physical res from 50% to 0%) and it protects you and merc since they deal less physical damage and attack slower. You will never die from their elemental attacks if you have decent resists, but the merc will.

My set up :
    Eth Death Colossos Sword, perfect roll (2nd attempt, 1st attempt gave worst roll...) I guess a nice two-handed oath is good too, but you need some more crushing blow and deadly strike elsewhere. My final setup will be Eth Breath of the Dying Colossos blade.

Crown of Ages, 2xPtopaz (I would switch to dmg/ar to demons jools). I used to have Guilliams face but decided to get rid of it since Death gives plenty of deadly strike and crushing blow. Will go back to this one when I make BotD.

Highlords wrath - Deadly strike and IAS mostly

Dual (almost perfect) raven frosts - for AR and can not be frozen, I used to have a nice AR and life leech ring, with plenty of resists.

Belt, 15% 7% life leech string of ears. Will probably switch to Verdungos when I get BotD since that weapon has lots of life leech.

Gloves, you know what to use ;)

Booties, I use war travs 47% MF since I like to have some MF :p Gore riders will be best choice, and I have used it and will use it again once BotD is made (need that base, runes I've got already)

Armor: Fortitude Archon plate. You will probably cut run times a few seconds by using enigma and using the ability to position merc close to you.

Inventory: Mostly life and AR charms, plus some resistance charms. And one toxic charm.

Merc: might, Kiras diadem "Ral", Eth Guardian Angel "Ral", Reapers toll "Amn" (I think Shael gives another attack speed breakpoint, not sure). Rarely ever dies.

Some of my videos about the char, in various constellations
    Removed by moderator

If you insists of using Grief, get 4 sock palashield with ressits and insert some %ED Jewels?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018
    mir likes this.
  3. NanoMist

NanoMist Diabloii.Net Member

I think Gripphon demonstrated a Trav Zealot that was somewhere in the 25 seconds range, but that is with teleport and crazy good gear. along with a great Trav map. He was using a Grief setup in a 1.07 BA, along with 1.07 maxers, so I'm sure his damage rivaled that of some 2-handed Zealots. So, yes, I'd say 30-35 seconds is a good time to aim for.

4. Jocular

Jocular Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry for spam, but what's the origin of your Avatar, @Skinbo?

Ska? Punk? Skunk?

5. Skinbo

It's a mashup of the diablo 2 cover art guy and the "bad boy Club" stickers from the 90s... I made it in paint, I have a very random mind.

6. Skinbo

I don't see myself ever obtaining any 1.07 eth bases. Can I ask what the thought behind using 2H Death vs Grief would be? I was always of the assumption that Grief was the best melee PvM weapon for Zealots.

7. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

You can see Greif as a weapon that adds about 400 damage flat, plus the small damage from the Phase blade... and yes you attack at 4fpa. Two handed weapons does more damage. And Death has more crushing blow and deadly strike. I kill much faster with Death than Grief. I kill a bit faster with Oath than Grief. Grief is the best ONE handed PvM weapon no doubt.

8. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Posting screenshots of banned mods. Thread locked, please read the rules.

T72on1 and drmalawi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.