Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Travian!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zhao_Yue, May 13, 2008.

1. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Travian!

Since the team I was involved on the International Speed Server have disbanded, I am probably joining up with the team based on the North American Speed Server. They intend to hook up with one of the larger alliances, but the group will settle in their own area.

The server should restart in about 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in joining the team. The game can get fun and addicting, but does require some time investment. Another perk is that we have Gorny and Thyiad on our team so you get to rub shoulders with dii.net royalty.

http://www.travian.us/

2. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

Re: Travian!

I'd totally be up for it in about 2 months.

3. Noobiecakes

Noobiecakes IncGamers Member

Looks interesting, just wondering which server (there seems to be 6?) and what part of the world (NW, NE, SW, SE)? Also, if we're interested, when should we register? Any time? or after the server restart?

perhaps i ask too many questions :hide:

4. Zhao_Yue

We're planning on playing on the speed server (3x), in the SW quadrant.

Pre-registration should open within the next few days. However it's better to wait to register at least until after the server begins so you get a longer beginner's protection and you're placed a bit further from the center of the map, so you are in a less densely populated area.

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Huh, I'd advice everyone to not start to play this game - it's too addictive, requires too much time and it's boring at the same time... And if you want to play it seriously, you have to spent some money on increased production and Plus account.

I've been there and I am glad I stopped playing it.

But I have to admit that it was a good experience.

6. BobTheWarrior

BobTheWarrior IncGamers Member

I 2nd Hrus' comments. It's fun. It's addictive. It takes too much time. And, eventually, it gets a little boring. If you like SimCity, and that kind of thing interests you, give Travian a shot.

I played on the speed .us server that just finished up. It's quite fun in a tight group of people like the ones from this site. The group has a seperate message board to communicate and coordinate. The normal 'game' lasts about 100 days, then goes into a 'final' state which only took about 15 days on the last server, but can vary depending on the players.

Give it a shot, if you have the time. :thumbsup:

Zhao, this is OT, you forgot to title the thread correctly :tongue:

7. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Zhao you're such a masochist :hide:

Travian was quite a fun game, but I agree the time investment is fairly high. This is especially true the larger your empire becomes. In the end I was trying to manage 31-32 villages at a time and it was a bear. This becomes especially true when you get involved in a war with an organized alliance. Then you need to be online even more to be available for defensive support as well as time your own attacks appropriately. I recall being online 3+ hours at a time just so I could ensure all my attackers arrived at their destinations within a minute of each other.

I do have to disagree with Hrus though, you don't need to spend real money on the game to play. Zhao proved that by being one of the top 3 in our alliance with zero money invested. Granted those that do spend money have a large advantage over those that don't, along with extra perks that make things much easier to manage. However it isn't absolutely necessary.

One thing to look out for is those players that use illegal scripts to manage their empires. Supposedly they can get banned but it rarely happens (sounds somewhat like Bnet...).

The timeframe for a server differs from one place to another. On the international server (.com) our round lasted a little over 5 months or so, while as Bob mentioned the .us server lasted about 4 months.

In order to do well you need to micromanage quite a bit, so if you have a job that places you in front of a computer for long periods of time and your boss doesn't watch you like a hawk then have at it. But if you can only login 2-3 times a day you'll be a very significant disadvantage to just about everyone else playing and this might not be the game for you.

Overall, I give this game a B-

8. Jingizu

Jingizu Banned

QFT, QFT, QFT, QFT, QFT...:cool:

I have the same experience, I am glad I have stopped it and started to play d2 again...:tongue:

9. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Reminds me of Ogame. I'm fairly addicted to it right now and it requires that I be online 24/7 basically.... I think it would be fun to join you in Travian, but I'm starting a new job soon and I need to sleep sometime as well!

-hps

10. Zhao_Yue

11. bassano

bassano IncGamers Member

I am just playing travian on cz14 and first on cz2 server and now travian making me RL problems more and more beacuse I am ally commander of ally from top20 and that make me problems with correspondence there. Shame that krovak whitch was commander of our ally first just finished there beacuse he had RL problems beacuse I am not so good attacker and mainly diplomat so he.
    I should like join speed with zhao but next months I will have no time for this beacuse in july I am going on bicycle to Italy for more than month. Maybe I can play first weeks on that speed helping with first weeks whitch are very important. :smiley:

@zhao: you ought to paly travian for a few time beacuse is a long time ago when I met you in blood moor for last time and It will be nice see you there again. :smiley:

@hrus: you are right I must kill krovak beacuse he talk round me for starting with travian again on cz14. I could had tranquil year and now I have hell :grin:

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  12. Hoop76

Hoop76 IncGamers Member

Sounds fun, but i wouldnt have the time. Hmm Thyiads going to be playing? Does that mean we're going to have to get another moderator

13. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Starting playing Travian is fun. Managing your empire after you got 15 cities and your alliance got into the war, it's time demanding work.

14. Noobiecakes

Noobiecakes IncGamers Member

The speed server starts may 23rd? I guess I'll join then :wink3:

15. Zhao_Yue

I have to admit, the greatest feeling in the game is to annilate an enemy player. Hence why it's better you try to be part of an alliance of friends.

15 villages is nothing ... 31 villages is where your mettle is really tested. :laugh:

Actually having a lot of villages is not a killer. Out of 31 villages I was just upgrading maybe 5-6 since the other ones are basically 'done' and are just used to churn out resources.

16. Mursilis

Still, the problem I had was moving the resources from "done" villages to those that needed them. Was doing this fairly constantly and it was definitely a pain in the...

Now imagine being assaulted at a majority of your villages during a war. Keeping track of where you have incoming and getting defenses set as well as managing to perform your daily tasks as well is quite draining.

17. gorey

gorey IncGamers Member

I'm starting to get the itching to fire up Travian again. . .

Anyone still active on the normal servers?

18. Rhyme

Rhyme IncGamers Member

Holy thread revival!

I don't play Travian anymore, but I AM a forum mod over on the Travian.us forums. Played the speed server for multiple rounds, developed a very good reputation, but it didn't take long for the grades to plummet and the burnout to set in, and I suddenly realized that the only reason I was still playing was out of loyalty to my friends there.

The next round I got wiped out early, and it was a huge blessing. I've never looked back.

19. Mursilis

OMG :crazyeyes:

I'm blaming the 3,950,594 wings of CH for this...

20. Zhao_Yue

Sadly I'm fooling around on .ukx right now, when I should have quit 2 servers ago. :thumbsdown:

Your not the same Rhyme that was associated with Jarrett's CSR's crew, were you?

Hahaha that joke never gets old with me. :thumbup: