Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trav Zealot Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by CrustyRusty, Feb 10, 2017.

1. CrustyRusty

CrustyRusty Diabloii.Net Member

So, I have a zealot that has been assigned trav duty in my quest to find some runes, and he is coming along nicely. I was doing LK on my sorc and managed to piece together a Lo and made a grief in a pb I had saved a few months ago. It got a pretty unbelievable roll. I then found an ohm at trav and made a cta that got a much more believable roll (3 BO...its alright). Anyway, my pally can cruise through at /players 5 pretty smoothly, but my merc gets positively owned any time there's conviction on one of the council dudes. He is using a [email protected] kiras that I found while gearing my sorc at hell meph, a GA for the max res, and a reapers. My question is this: Would putting a ral in the Kira's help at all? Is there anything else I might try? I feel like it must be his fire resist being stripped that leads to his very predictable death. Anyway, thanks for any advice you can offer. I appreciate it!

P.S. When I run trav, I can't help but think about the scene in Kung Pow: Enter the Fist with the evil council at the end. I wonder if they're French in D2 as well...

2. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

Assuming level 90 merc (act 2 might), he has 154 natural allres, or 54 on hell difficulty. Giving him 69 Kira's that is 123 total. But, conviction from council reduces resistances by 75, so after that merc ends up with only 48 which means hydras will destroy him. By adding additional 42 fire resistance, your merc can have 90 max fire even under conviction. Putting Ral into Kira's + 12 more fire resist into GA would do the trick. For level 90 merc ofc.

Level 95 merc has 159 allres and would need additional 37 res to have 90 fire under conviction.

To answer your question: add fire resistance in both GA and Kira's and you will solve that conviction problem completely.

3. CrustyRusty

Awesome, I appreciate it. I'll see what I can do about some sockets for sure. I keep hoping for that 30 fire res 15 ias jewel... one day.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Alternatively, you could abort if there's a conviction boss. The lost time might be compensated by using otherwise more effective gear.

Another option is doing Trav without a merc. That's how I'm dealing with it, with both my zealot and my conc barb.

5. Korlic

Korlic Diabloii.Net Member

First of all I would only run at Players 3. There's not much difference in drops between 3 and 5. It does however mean monsters do less damage to you and your Merc. Ral rune is a nice option, but a jewel can be far better. If you have one with FR 28% and 15% IAS, that could potentially be way better if you merc hits a new attack speed break point. Also having an eth reapers mean way more LL for your merc obviously.

6. CrustyRusty

I was running at Players 3 for a while, but I upped it since I kill them in like 2 seconds. I suppose there's no real benefit to going higher than 3 right now, and I would have to deal with fewer merc deaths that way as well. Still hoping for that eth reapers to drop! I wound up using a larzuk quest to put a ral in the Kira's, I can save the poor little guy most of the time anyway.

7. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

Pretty sure I used Kira's and GA both socketed with Rals and Reapers with Shael? Been a while. There's also a helm that gives fire absorb but I think Kira's was still better.

Edit: before I had enigma I would use a teleport staff or amulet to telebomb the guys so decrepify would trigger. Then the Merc could leech even physical immune. Starting to remember now :)